Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    look at Teddy Bridgewater giving Nigel Bethel some love

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "... Texas Tech is close to finalizing a contract for a two-game series against Arizona, according to a Tech Athletics spokesman.ESPN’s Brett McMurphy reported Monday morning, citing anonymous sources, that the two sides have agreed to a game at Arizona in 2019 and at Tech in 2020. The Red Raiders have a two-year series against another Pac-12 program, Arizona State, in 2016-17.Arizona finished last season 10-4, the Red Raiders 4-8.

Tech is 26-4-2 against the Wildcats, first playing them in 1932 and last playing them in 1989.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...izona-36358010 [/quote]

Lol holy is that correct?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Kid from Romania that is on the Tech tennis team gets chosen to shoot half court shot at Chicago Bulls game

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech golf in town beating lolutsa

".... The 12th-ranked Texas Tech Men's Golf team captured its first tournament le of the 2015 season on Tuesday afternoon at the Lone Star Invitational in San Antonio, Texas.The Red Raiders took command of the field early in the first round of play and never looked back en route to the 11-stroke victory.Sop re*Hannes Ronneblad*earned his first collegiate individual le as the Swedish native outlasted UTSA's Zander Lozano in a sudden-death playoff.........

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-go...032415aae.html

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol golf

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lolutsa had a track and field invitational just the other day.

I wonder how that went...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech is in the final four in New York

" Texas Tech University’s chess team, the*Knight Raiders, are on their way to New York City for the Final Four of Chess to take on three other universities for the highest le in the nation.This is the second year Texas Tech has qualified for this prestigious tournament.Taking on Webster University, the University of Texas-Dallas and the University of Maryland-Baltimore County, the Chess Program’s director, Al Lawrence says that the Knight Raiders are prepared for the tournament.“We’re all excited to be going to New York City once again to compete with the very best for the national championship,” he said. “It shows that the hard work of students and*......

http://today.ttu.edu/posts/2015/03/c...ur-in-new-york

Post Count
    You have definitely veered off from recruiting here.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You have definitely veered off from recruiting here.
    "...... “I congratulate the chess program and coach Alex for these national honors that bring great distinction to Texas Tech University,” President*M. Duane Nellis*said. “Our chess program provides another avenue to recruit some of the brightest, hard-working students to Texas Tech, so their success and commitment is important in helping us become a top-tier university.”.......

http://today.ttu.edu/posts/2014/06/c...ational-awards

Post Count
    "...... “I congratulate the chess program and coach Alex for these national honors that bring great distinction to Texas Tech University,” President*M. Duane Nellis*said. “Our chess program provides another avenue to recruit some of the brightest, hard-working students to Texas Tech, so their success and commitment is important in helping us become a top-tier university.”.......

http://today.ttu.edu/posts/2014/06/c...ational-awards
    Well, I thought this recruiting thread was conceived more in the context of "College Sports" recruiting. Is Chess really helping recruit athletes?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Eh, it doesn't really matter does it

2016's thread will be led as all inclusive I guess

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    K back to real sports recruiting

"........ Real-world Quidditch is played on a 60-yard pitch with a row of three elevated hoops on either end, according to the U.S. Quidditch rulebook. The object of the game is for three “chasers” on either team to advance a volleyball, called a “quaffle,” through the opposing team’s hoops, guarded by a “keeper.” By doing so, a team earns 10 points.

But it’s a little more complicated than that.

Chasers vie for possession of the quaffle through tackling. Four more players, two on either team, known as “beaters” run around the pitch with dodgeballs, attempting to knock out other players.And, oh yeah, each player must have a “broomstick” — usually represented with a length of PVC pipe — between his or her legs at all times.

During each match, play continues with only the chasers, keepers and beaters for 18 minutes. After that point, a player from neither team runs onto the field with a yellow tennis ball, called “the golden snitch” hanging from his or her waistband. A “seeker” from each team attempts to take the snitch, scoring 30 points and ending the match.

Katelyn Moranha, a beater and vice president of Tech’s team, said the sport has grown considerably in the last year, with new recruits flowing in and veteran players sticking around. Currently, she said, about 30 students play Quidditch for Tech.

This year, Moranha said, the team has shifted its recruiting efforts, seeking new members in the recreation center rather than the Student Union Building.

The sport has grown beyond the Harry Potter series, she said. Tech’s players aren’t necessarily die-hard fans of the series. A casual fan of the movies, Townsend said his interest in Quidditch grew from his past as a soccer player.

The challenge for finding new recruits,
    Moranha said, is often convincing them to look beyond the, some-might-say, “nerdy” stigma of playing a sport that began in a children’s fantasy series.“It’s a contact sport. It’s really physical,” she said. “That first practice is the one where you fall in love with it.”.....................

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/...up-compe ion

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ........ Mike Mitc *could have been there with Ohio State as it celebrated the national championship, but a year earlier, he made a decision to leave the program and play for Texas Tech. He didn’t do it because of a coach or because of playing time; he did it to be closer to his family in Texas.

Mitc ’s father, former NFL linebacker Ken Mitc , suffers from cluster headaches, a syndrome that affects approximately 0.2 percent of the population. There is no known cure....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...152038919.html
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the headaches are football related

Post Count
    Kliff is just livin' the dream. You gotta love him.

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Kliff is just livin' the dream. You gotta love him.
    Probably going to watch Mayweather to learn what the concept of defense is.

ter McGee

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Haha. Guess I was right. I like Kliff, but damn these last couple seasons were ugly, hopefully some improvement on the DL will help us. Fehoko.

ter McGee

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

I really don't care if Tech has losing seasons the next two or maybe three. Kliff is good investment for Tech in the long term.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the headaches are football related
    The ESPN article stated that:

The headaches started in 2012, when Mike was a senior at Prestonwood Christian Academy. Though he endured concussions during his four-year NFL stint, Ken doesn’t believe football caused his condition.

How could one not think that football had something to do with his condition. Probably because every time he tries to think about it he gets a headache and can never complete the thought process and therefore can not be related.

Still surprised that Mike's younger brother re-verbaled for basketball.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The ESPN article stated that:

The headaches started in 2012, when Mike was a senior at Prestonwood Christian Academy. Though he endured concussions during his four-year NFL stint, Ken doesn’t believe football caused his condition.

How could one not think that football had something to do with his condition. Probably because every time he tries to think about it he gets a headache and can never complete the thought process and therefore can not be related.

Still surprised that Mike's younger brother re-verbaled for basketball.
    Prolly so

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Welker knows horses

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "........Undrafted did not win, contrary to Amendola's tweet. He lost out to Australian-bred Power Alert and*finished*second in the race*for a second consecutive year. In 2014, Undrafted*won an undercard race*at the Belmont Stakes. He has 14*top-three finishes in 19 career starts....."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...undercard-race

$$$.

Too bad Wes sucks at fashion good god

Thread Information