Page 250 of 281 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 7004
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from WR Davion Curtis of Temple (OrangeBloods):

"I was talking to coach Gilbert, coach Norvell, coach Strong. They very excited about me going to UT. We run that same offensive concepts that coach Gilbert has run. He has coached at Temple, Bowling Green, Tulsa. We ran that kind of stuff at our school," Curtis said. "Everything he's run, I should kind of know."

"I talked to coach Norvell. He said they'll put me in the slot or outside because my speed is a threat."

"His (Coach Strong's) house is like a dream mansion. He has movie theaters, game rooms, all that. it's very nice. Basketball courts. It was crazy," Curtis said.

"They wanted me to talk to Zach (Shackelford). I was with him most of the time. He really liked the visit. Hopefully that will be enough to get him here," Curtis said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

HORNS DIGEST: Four-star DT Stephon Taylor:

"Man all I could say is it was the best trip I had so far and Texas has gained a lot more of my trust."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another "Letter to Texas Longhorn Football Recruits" video. Last year, it made it's rounds quickly. Hopefully, this one will as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Zack Shackelford via twitter

Announcement at 3:00! This process has truly been a blessing !

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Zack Shackelford via twitter

Announcement at 3:00! This process has truly been a blessing !
    He committed. One down.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He may be starting as a freshman. Nice!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He committed. One down.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yessir!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Gerald Wilbon reviews his official visit to UT (OrangeBloods):

"I was very impressed. The coaches treated me well. It was nice meeting my future teammates, some of the players that already go to the university," Wilbon said. "It was great spending time with them, getting to see the city, what Austin has to offer."

"It just makes me more comfortable with everybody, with my decision," Wilbon said of the visit. "I'm just ready to get done with high school, get to Texas."

"This pretty much sealed it for me. I'm 100 percent with Texas, not interested in any other schools."

"Yeah, I heard it. I think it's actually true, a couple guys made silent commitments so that's big for us," Wilbon said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Chris Daniels (Euless Trinity)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DT Marcel Southall of Duncanville (OrangeBloods):

“It was a great visit,” Southall said. “It was good visiting all the players and the coaches and seeing what coach Strong is all about.”

“I was cool with it, but at this point, I’m still undecided,” Southall said. “I’m open-minded right now, but I’m thinking about UT.”

“They need guys to come in and play at that position,” Southall said. “The position is there for me. I just have to go get it.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Andrew might have the biggest neck I hav ever seen. Seriously doubt he could ever be hung as the rope would slip over his head since it's smaller than his neck.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We want our party favors back then.

Damn.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the father of DE Mark Jackson after visiting Austin (OrangeBloods):

"It was top notch. It's UT. It lived up to the expectations, to the known history of the university," Mr. Jackson said. "It didn't let us down, I can tell you that."

"Coach Strong, I think me and him are kind of cut from same cloth as disciplinarians, holding kids to a standard and allowing them the opportunity to grow, but setting a standard and holding their feet to the fire. The message he carries is easy for me to see. I'm carrying the same thing as retired military. It's family, caring for one another, that's kind of what I felt that UT was trying to share with everyone there."

"What really stuck out, he opened up his home. That was huge for him to do that. It really shows a sense of family, because these are kids who will be released into his care. For him to open up his home, that speaks volumes. Yes he has a nice home, but it's not just about materialistic things, it's about the kid being entrusted in his care. He's not so high up on a pedestal. That's what stood out to me."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The father of S Deontay Anderson talks about the weekend at UT (OrangeBloods):

"Charlie Strong, he's outstanding. He's very straight up. So is his staff," Mr. Anderson said.

"He brought in 19, 20 recruits. If he can land those guys, it's going to be some kind of turn around at UT. He brought in some strong athletes."

"Coach Strong has a nice home, a beautiful home. The recruits, the team was there. He has an open-door policy, he's just like that. His office at the school is open door. He just wants the players to know, the ones who are committed and the ones trying to commit, 'Hey, this is how I am. I'm not too good to not have my doors open to my players, my recruits, coaches.'"

"It was a good weekend. Texas did a great job."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We want our party favors back then.

Damn.
    All the sites seem to feel pretty good about Fowler flipping.

But he'll take his official visit to LSU next weekend and that could even things back up again.

It will probably come down to the last in-home visits before Signing Day.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Looks like B Jones cancelled/postponed his OV to Baylor. Will be going to Arky with Cuffee instead!!

Thread Information