Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    This is best NBA season ever, in first half we saw epic laker implosion, now mavfan has taken up the fail torch, doesn't get any better than this, IMO TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking the defending champs to 7 got their hopes up too high. Mavs were just never very good to begin with.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Taking the defending champs to 7 got their hopes up too high. Mavs were just never very good to begin with.
    Spurs slept walk through that series for 6 games and now Mavs fans think they have a cornerstone in Monta Ellis

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The real problem is Dirk and his age...... The drop off has been drastic, dude can't even hit open J's.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is best NBA season ever, in first half we saw epic laker implosion, now mavfan has taken up the fail torch, doesn't get any better than this, IMO TBH.
    At least we never had to have a woman pull our fat out of the fire. Without Amy you're,,,well, you know what I mean.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    One more thing........ starting to get the sense that push back on Rick Carlisle is growing. Right or wrong

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    At least we never had to have a woman pull our fat out of the fire. Without Amy you're,,,well, you know what I mean.

Amy? Why the do I give a about Amy? lel

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amy? Why the do I give a about Amy? lel
    Because without her you're light 1.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Because without her you're light 1.

I'm not a spurfan, geezer, you're confused.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not a spurfan, geezer, you're confused.
    I know. As a Heat fan Amy gave you 1 by gumming up the works in the '13 Finals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How does -pile implode?
    Lakers were never expected by ANYONE to do anything not sure how we imploded, we just suck.

Stalin fails again.

I do agree though a very interesting year ...

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    How does -pile implode?
    Lakers were never expected by ANYONE to do anything not sure how we imploded, we just suck.

Stalin fails again.

lakerfan still mad...does it hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, if not for some b.s. shot Carter hit that series goes 5 or 6 games AT MOST. The shot fell though and they took the Champs to 7 games with a decent core who was starting to gel as a team and then they go blow it up. That team for Dallas played well the late half of last year and into the playoffs, not a great team as you said but certainly better than the one out there now heading into the playoffs (Sliding in their case). They look alot worse now than last year late, something their fans who said they were contenders and stacked could not fathom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does -pile implode?

Stalin fails again.

View previous topic :: View next topic

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 pm Post subject: 2nd Annual Bet The Lakers Win Total LG Fundraiser Over/Under is 39 (Bets Closed)

It is that time of year folks, time to put your money where your mouth is and bet on the Lakers win total.

How it works is simple. I set an over/under number, and you take either over or under. If you are correct, you pay nothing. If you are wrong, you pay two bucks per game you are off (up from a dollar last hear, the new server is expensive). So if, for example, you bet under and the lakers win five more games than the number set, you would owe ten bucks. If you bet the over in the same scenario, you pay nothing. Similarly, if you bet over and the team wins ten fewer games than the number, you pay twenty bucks. If you bet the under in this scenario, you pay nothing. Losers pay, LG gets all the proceeds via paypal.

As an added wrinkle, just to make sure we raise some dough, if the team hits the over/under number exactly, everyone pays five bucks. Once I record your bet in the opening post, you are locked in. Bets are closed opening day.

EDIT: by necessity and consensus, the number has been changed to 39 (not going to go with half games).

the following people took over, and will have a chance to re-bet.

Richcbt
    venturalakersfan
    Alpha
    Roon

OVER:

City_Dawg
    EddieJonesss
    pkflyers
    Jeffs
    ADA32
    cheetos82
    lakerjoshua
    mhan00
    JTS1
    K2
    SweetP
    laserboy
    lounger
    Cutheon
    Kobee 2.0
    Misterioso
    lakeshowtacular
    TDRock
    angus
    Den686
    JTS1

UNDER:

Pjiddy
    Lakers95
    ribeye
    yinoma2001
    numero-ocho
    LakerSanity
    chrisca91
    angrypuppy
    pjiddy
    golakersgo121
    kobe_somebody_odom
    petergr
    Lakersneuron
    DocK36
    GonzagaAlum
    DaMuleRules
    Treble Clef
    Kobe2Dwight12
    Marauder
    Telleris
    saacman5033

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    The Grizzlies saw that they were playing a playoff team and decided to show up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murked by CJ Miles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Georgie killing them like it's 2010

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Too many guys whose contracts are up and don't have a lot of sweat and equity built up in Dallas. The Mavs have for years not been able to land big names in free agency or do anything in the draft, so they have followed a model of trading and signing talent for cheap and then trying to rehab dudes' careers when their former team gives up on them or makes them available because they are flawed players. Sometimes it works - Chandler was seen as a serviceable big at best before Dallas. Terry was a volume chucker in Atlanta. But the downside of that model is that continuity and chemistry matters in today's NBA. Last year's Spurs were really more than the sum of their parts because of their chemistry and continuity. Dallas had the Nash/Finley/Dirk core, then the Dirk/Josh/Jet/Devin core that almost won a le, then the Dirk/Jet/Kidd/Marion/Tyson team that finally did. Every year since 2011 they've had a fresh bunch of dudes around Dirk. This team on paper had a lot of talent, but they just couldn't put it together.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^The dog

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When Rondo sits Ellis plays well SOMETIMES when Monta sits Rondo does the same like I said ...bad "fit". Dont know how anyone with eyes could not see this.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    When Rondo sits Ellis plays well SOMETIMES when Monta sits Rondo does the same like I said ...bad "fit". Dont know how anyone with eyes could not see this.
    Shut up got.

Thread Information