next card on the schedule

Not a bad card to watch during breakfast

Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber - I feel bad picking against the godfather of Team Alpha Male and violating my rule of "never pick against Faber unless a belt is on the line", but Edgar is just too big for him at FW. For Edgar's entire career he was the smaller fighter, and now that he dropped to FW he is usually the big guy in his fights.

Gegard Mousasi vs. Costas Philippou - Philippou is a fish out of water in this fight

Mark Munoz vs. Luke Barnatt - Barnatt isn't great, but Munoz is doneskies

Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Neil Magny - Magny is probably the more technical fighter, but Lim is just a 6 foot 2 inch can of whoop ass

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber -- I really can't stand picking an Alpha-Fail, but the Edgar love that I have been seeing and reading about is nauseating. For those who are picking Edgar to win, how exactly do you think it will happen? We know he has virtually zero knock out power and he has virtually no submission game, which leaves us with yet another, boring-as- decision. There is no way that Faber lets this go to the cards. Faber will let Edgar strike at will with those pussy-padded punches, and will counter with reckless abandon. Once Edgar is stunned or decided he's had enough, he'll shoot a double, falling right into a guillotine. I can't wait for Edgar to go away. I hope he takes Ben Henderson with him. (I LOVED Edgar and Bendo during their first five or so fights)

Gegard Mousasi vs. Costas Philippou -- I always pick against GayHard, and I always pick incorrectly.

Luke Barnatt vs. Mark Munoz -- This is my homer pick. I think Barnatt will beat him, but I want the Wrecking Machine to go out on a high note, in front of his people. Come on Mark!

Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Neil Magny -- Magny reminds me of Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Belle Air. I hate him for no real reason. I don't know who this zipper head is, but I hope he wins.

Yui Chul Nam vs. Phillipe Nover -- I liked this toolbag from TUF, and since I don't know who the other guy is...

Li Jingliang vs. Dhiego Lima -- His brother is a choad, but he's cool.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Well, 3-3 isn't too bad I guess, since nobody tracks that anyway. But seriously, I loathe Frankie Edgar, for real. That Magney fight was a scrap, but I agree with what I've been reading; Magney's streak is impressive, but it's time for a step up in compe ion. Eric Silva anyone?

Thread Information