Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    Less money for staff hires I assume. I would also offer Doug Meacham the job asap. Although, I believe A&M is offering around $1.2M+ for him to come be offensive coordinator from what TCU boards are saying.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's always cute to see fans of UT try to throw shade on other football programs.

Basketball is never going to recruit well at this level until the facilities improve -- and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Football? Eh, we'll see who gets hired.
    Im glad you find it cute chumps. Just because UT sucks UTSA can also? And I can't take exception to BOTH sucking?

Where are those donors? Jesus H Christ I'm gonna donate. This is ridiculous. I have a clear stake in UTSA becoming a good school in every way. How much you give per year Chump?

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count

Welcome to the Judson quandary.......We would have gotten Jinks had Rackley stayed one more year. Instead, Rackley retired and we hired Mark Smith, so Jinks finished his fourth year at Steele, then went on to TT. It worked out though. We didn't get Jinks, but we got rid of that POS Smith, and hired Big Mac.

I would have loved for UTSA to get Jinks.

Speaking of Judson, what is the recruiting status of Xavier Morris? He is a very good player and a team leader. I hope UTSA can pull this one.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Welcome to the Judson quandary.......We would have gotten Jinks had Rackley stayed one more year. Instead, Rackley retired and we hired Mark Smith, so Jinks finished his fourth year at Steele, then went on to TT. It worked out though. We didn't get Jinks, but we got rid of that POS Smith, and hired Big Mac.

I would have loved for UTSA to get Jinks.

Speaking of Judson, what is the recruiting status of Xavier Morris? He is a very good player and a team leader. I hope UTSA can pull this one.
    Yeah Jinks at UTSA would've been awesome. Regarding Morris, honestly I'm not sure if they were recruiting him. Coker's guy at ILB was Brandon Smyth from Brandeis whom they had just offered. UTSA looked like the favorites to land him although I don't even know if the new staff will honor that offer.

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    Call Bob S t today....

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Im glad you find it cute chumps. Just because UT sucks UTSA can also? And I can't take exception to BOTH sucking?

Where are those donors? Jesus H Christ I'm gonna donate. This is ridiculous. I have a clear stake in UTSA becoming a good school in every way. How much you give per year Chump?
    What is your clear stake?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What is your clear stake?
    Why do you care? Growth. Facilities.

How much have you contributed?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Why do you care? Growth. Facilities
    Just curious.

I contribute to the school.

I find college athletics too hilarious to donate money to it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just curious.

I contribute to the school.

I find college athletics too hilarious to donate money to it.
    Well sports actually has a large impact on overall perception for a school like UTSA. Even in academics. I openly want UTSA to excel in sports. It's good for the entire community IMO. UTSA cannot be a little tucked away 4 year wannabe Ivy League school like Trinity. Graduate school, everything, must eventually get to respectablity. It's good for SA.

Post Count
    Money doesn't necessarily make you great, but a lack of it can hold you back. UTSA is being help back by a lack of it. Training facilities and coaching salaries are hurting despite all the other natural advantages (Alamodome, big city, big student body, good recruiting area, etc.).

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Well sports actually has a large impact on overall perception for a school like UTSA. Even in academics. I openly want UTSA to excel in sports. It's good for the entire community IMO. UTSA cannot be a little tucked away 4 year wannabe Ivy League school like Trinity. Graduate school, everything, must eventually get to respectablity. It's good for SA.
    Gets a little bit of profile, but after awhile its just burning money if you aren't a P5 school -- and UTSA will never be a P5 school.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Yes please.

Post Count

Yes please.
    I was hoping for a coach with a little more background in the state of Texas..I would be ok with hire, but needs to hire to some young energetic asst. coaches from the state in my opinion for recruiting..

Post Count

Yes please.
    I was hoping for a coach with a little more background in the state of Texas..I would be ok with hire, but needs to hire to some young energetic asst. coaches from the state in my opinion for recruiting..

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Okie St recruits Texas hard, especially SA. They have more players on their roster from SA than anyone in the country. His defense last season had Ramon Richards (Brackenridge), Jordan Sterns and Ryan Simmons (Steele), Tre Flowers (Judson), and Vincent Taylor (Madison). He has plenty of Texas connections tbh.

Post Count
    Okie St recruits Texas hard, especially SA. They have more players on their roster from SA than anyone in the country. His defense last season had Ramon Richards (Brackenridge), Jordan Sterns and Ryan Simmons (Steele), Tre Flowers (Judson), and Vincent Taylor (Madison). He has plenty of Texas connections tbh.
    Yes, Spencer is a really solid fit with his OK ST. background. He is probably the best, or at least close to the best, that UTSA can do given the bad timing and how many other really good HC vacancies are out there.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good hire, imo.

Post Count
    I agree. He's a very good hire.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Agree. I was in the Spencer camp but still very pleased with Wilson. Initially wanted Mike Jinks and this guy is Jinks on steroids.

Post Count
    Are they going to announce it Friday?

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Impressive hire. He's one of the top recruiters in the country.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Are they going to announce it Friday?
    Press conference this afternoon.

Post Count
    Coker did a great job launching the program but I think it is time for some new blood.

Thread Information