Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Carson City Council approves $1.7-billion stadium for Chargers, Raiders

that's a huge hurdle. it seemed like a pretty easy decision, considering the stadium plan didn't call for any taxpayer funding. i'm not going to pretend to understand the whole process, but after city approval they have to gun for county approval. can't imagine LA county declining a proposal that doesnt call for public funding
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-22-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Like the Clippers playing at the Lakers' arena?
    Staples is the Kings' arena.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Staples is the Kings' arena.
    if i were you, i'd just hope being in a frantic LA market won't be too much of a distraction that stunts Mariota's growth

Post Count
    if i were you, i'd just hope being in a frantic LA market won't be too much of a distraction that stunts Mariota's growth
    If they move to that hole Carson with the pathetic Raiders, I couldn't give any less of a how Mariota does because I'd pretty much be done with them. Can't support an owner who treats his fans and players like and then flips them off on his way out the door. I'd come back if/when he sells the team.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 04-22-2015 at 01:33 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    If they move to that hole Carson with the pathetic Raiders, I couldn't give any less of a how Mariota does because I'd pretty much be done with them. Can't support an owner who treats his fans and players like and then flips them off on his way out the door. I'd come back if/when he sells the team.
    i dont get why relocation even matters for you, for allegiances are all over the place

montreal in beisbol
    LA in hockey/basketball
    SD in football
    Bise State in collegiate sports

why would a move from SD to LA piss you off that much

Post Count
    It's more Dean's slimy actions that would put me off the team than the actual physical relocation, tbh. It'd be one thing if he engaged in good-faith negotiations with San Diego and it just didn't work out, but the way he's been throwing the city government under the bus, alienating the San Diego fanbase and treating the players like crap just makes me hope he fails miserably in LA.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It's more Dean's slimy actions that would put me off the team than the actual physical relocation, tbh. It'd be one thing if he engaged in good-faith negotiations with San Diego and it just didn't work out, but the way he's been throwing the city government under the bus, alienating the San Diego fanbase and treating the players like crap just makes me hope he fails miserably in LA.
    do you think SD can viably provide a new stadium though?

Post Count
    do you think SD can viably provide a new stadium though?
    Not entirely on their own like Dean apparently wants. He would have to pay up, but he's shown no willingness to do that.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs
    LA Chargers/San Diego Chargers
    LA Rams/St.Louis Rams
    Chicago Cards/St.Louis Cards/Arizona Cards
    Oakand Raiders/LA Raiders/Oakland Raiders
    Baltimore Colts/Indy Colts
    Houston Oilers/Tennessee ans
    Seattle moving from the AFC to the NFC
    Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh going from the NFL to the AFC.

Does any of that actually matter?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs
    LA Chargers/San Diego Chargers
    LA Rams/St.Louis Rams
    Chicago Cards/St.Louis Cards/Arizona Cards
    Oakand Raiders/LA Raiders/Oakland Raiders
    Baltimore Colts/Indy Colts
    Houston Oilers/Tennessee ans
    Seattle moving from the AFC to the NFC
    Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh going from the NFL to the AFC.

Does any of that actually matter?
    If you are a local resident of a sports team in your city and go to some, most, or all of the games, then of course it matters if your favorite team moves out of town and now represents a different city. To me, it would mean everything. Personally, I've never understood pulling for a team that I don't have a local connection to or ties to in another personal way. I pull for New Orleans teams because that is where I was born, raised, and still live, and I pull for LSU sports because that is where I went to college.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    I have no personal relation at all to any of this and even I know Carson is a hole and would be pissed off if money-grabbin Spanos doesn't cough up the $$$$ to stay in SD.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    If you are a local resident of a sports team in your city and go to some, most, or all of the games, then of course it matters if your favorite team moves out of town and now represents a different city. To me, it would mean everything. Personally, I've never understood pulling for a team that I don't have a local connection to or ties to in another personal way. I pull for New Orleans teams because that is where I was born, raised, and still live, and I pull for LSU sports because that is where I went to college.
    Well growing up in Austin made me hate the Cowboys and Longhorns. I picked the Aggies for college sports, but there wasn't a second Texas NFL team when I was a kid (after Oilers, before Texans). I thought the Ravens' uniforms looked cool, so I started rooting for them. A couple years later, they had that awesome SB run, and that sealed it for me.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    apparently Mark Davis has also been in LA meetings with the Kroenke group. he wants LA... whether its with the Chargers or the Rams

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    apparently Mark Davis has also been in LA meetings with the Kroenke group. he wants LA... whether its with the Chargers or the Rams
    Here comes the uptick in Armo Power members purchasing Raiduhhh hats, yo.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    http://www.rams-news.com/clayton-nfl...stadium-audio/

from what i've been reading, the Rams are going to have a hard time getting relocation approved because STL is still a viable location, and the city of St Louis has basically met every demand Kroenke has made (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...on-race-071815). they have a viable stadium plan with a ton of public funding. the NFL deters relocation unless it is viewed as a near necessity, and its becoming more and more clear that for the rams, it simply isn't the case.

the rams have a stadium solution on the table in STL. on the other hand, neither the raiders nor the chargers have viable options in their home cities. (well, viable in regards to the NFL model... we all saw the john oliver bit on sports stadiums). giving the green light to the Carson project would mean all 3 teams end up with a working stadium situation. if the rams + one of the raiders/chargers move to Inglewood, then you have whoever is left out still having no solution in sight.

but there are people who believe kroenke will try to move anyway and take it to court, like al davis did

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    http://www.rams-news.com/clayton-nfl...stadium-audio/

from what i've been reading, the Rams are going to have a hard time getting relocation approved because STL is still a viable location, and the city of St Louis has basically met every demand Kroenke has made (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...on-race-071815). they have a viable stadium plan with a ton of public funding. the NFL deters relocation unless it is viewed as a near necessity, and its becoming more and more clear that for the rams, it simply isn't the case.

the rams have a stadium solution on the table in STL. on the other hand, neither the raiders nor the chargers have viable options in their home cities. (well, viable in regards to the NFL model... we all saw the john oliver bit on sports stadiums). giving the green light to the Carson project would mean all 3 teams end up with a working stadium situation. if the rams + one of the raiders/chargers move to Inglewood, then you have whoever is left out still having no solution in sight.

but there are people who believe kroenke will try to move anyway and take it to court, like al davis did
    I'm also not sure they would want raiders and rams both in LA if CHargers are still in San Diego. Pretty sure SD is viable, Chargers just don't like it.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

per rotoworld...

The Los Angeles Times' Sam Farmer expects a negotiated outcome to the league's Los Angeles relocations.

No one is as plugged into the league's relocation battle as Farmer. He believes Chargers owner Dean Spanos can muster the nine owner votes necessary to block Rams owner Stan Kroenke's move, but that Kroenke can manage the same. That makes for a situation that's more likely to be mediated behind closed doors than put to an up-and-down vote. Kroenke and Spanos are the power players here. Raiders owner Mark Davis is just along for the ride.

mark davis

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bye-bye San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders. o LA Chargers/Raiders.

Post Count
    Raiders

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

It's become a who's who of sleazy richies.

Not sure i JVille would be up for sale but i would love to see the Scamosses out of town and new owner / new team brought into San Diego.
    Would be funnier then chit if new team with owner that sincerely wanted to win would do exactly that. Chargers continue their commitment to mediocrity while the new SD team SuperBowls.

One can dream.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Threads like this make me miss Xmas updates on Raiders to San Antonio

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Threads like this make me miss Xmas updates on Raiders to San Antonio
    tweeting to fake mark davis

Thread Information