Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ry.html#page=1

The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders, rivals on the field, are moving forward together on a plan to build a $1.7-billion NFL stadium in Carson that they will share.The Chargers and Raiders will continue to seek public subsidies for new stadiums in their home markets, but they are developing a detailed proposal for a privately financed Los Angeles venue in the event they can't get deals done in San Diego and Oakland by the end of this year, according to the teams.

All signs point to the Chargers and Raiders — like the Rams — targeting the 2016 season for relocation, should those teams not get acceptable deals to remain in their current cities. The NFL has long held that L.A. is a two-team market, and it's almost inconceivable that the league would allow three teams in such close proximity.
    The NFL has ruled out any teams' relocating this season, and is strongly opposed to a franchise's enduring more than one lame-duck season in a market about to be vacated. A team or teams moving to L.A. would play for at least two seasons in a temporary home — most likely the Coliseum, Rose Bowl or possibly Dodger Stadium — while a new stadium was under construction.
    this.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm down

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Raiders just can't get their own stadium

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This would honestly be pretty ty for both franchises though. Sure, LA has many fans of both teams, but instead of one city getting screwed, both San Diego and Oakland get screwed over in this deal.

And what happens with the Rams, who already have one foot out the door?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This cruise ship is the proposed stadium.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Chargers started out in LA, ha~~~

I hate to see a proud/successful franchise like the Raiders with so many legendary plays/players get so screwed all the time.

Well NY has two teams and they make it work so...hmmmm? I do pity the long time Raiders fans in Oakland.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Philo and CavalierNation about to become bosom buddies. maybe CN can loan him his Austin Rivers jersey.

Chargers started out in LA, ha~~~

I hate to see a proud/successful franchise like the Raiders with so many legendary plays/players get so screwed all the time.

Well NY has two teams and they make it work so...hmmmm? I do pity the long time Raiders fans in Oakland.
    Yep, the Raiders used to be a winning team and a very proud tradition, they were actually feared back in the days with the Silver and black. They have fallen so far it is has come to this now? Honestly that is sad man.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yep, the Raiders used to be a winning team and a very proud tradition, they were actually feared back in the days with the Silver and black. They have fallen so far it is has come to this now? Honestly that is sad man.
    They used to have a defensive backfield on a par with the Legion of Boom, with Skip Thomas, George Atkinson, Willie Brown and Jack Tatum. Giants like The Tooz and Ben Davidson. Lyle Alzado could lick any man in the world just ask him. They had "The Mad Bomber" "The Mad Stork" "The Snake". More speed than most countries, dead serious.

Hate to see this.

They used to have a defensive backfield on a par with the Legion of Boom, with Skip Thomas, George Atkinson, Willie Brown and Jack Tatum. Giants like The Tooz and Ben Davidson. Lyle Alzado could lick any man in the world just ask him. They had "The Mad Bomber" "The Mad Stork" "The Snake". More speed than most countries, dead serious.

Hate to see this.
    Damn man, what a proud team that was. They used to be feared as we said. Do not forget Mike Haynes the HOF and Lester Hayes as well later on, two of the best corners in NFL History.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Damn man, what a proud team that was. They used to be feared as we said. Do not forget Mike Haynes the HOF and Lester Hayes as well later on, two of the best corners in NFL History.
    Strong case can be made that Haynes (ASU long jumper) and Hayes (Tex A&M sprinter) were the best cornerback duo ever. And, hard to beat the receiving trio.....Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch and Dave Casper.

Strong case can be made that Haynes (ASU long jumper) and Hayes (Tex A&M sprinter) were the best cornerback duo ever. And, hard to beat the receiving trio.....Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch and Dave Casper.
    That is a great trio man, the Receiving trio back then was just flat out sick and that was not necessarily a pass happy league then but they were great with the Mad Bomber as you said and the Snake later. A proud franchise just went down the drain the last ten years or so and keeps going down. It's kind of sad really what happened and continues to happen to the team and they are a joke but they were once one of the most winning franchise % wise in football. I still remember the Raiders jackets and hats and so on, they were very popular as a team and their gear was unbeatable.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ing sucks

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Literally the dumbest idea I have ever heard. And did a three-year-old put together that render for them? Not a surprise that Mark Davis and Dean Spanos would come up with this.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    The way things seem to be going between san diego and the chargers, i fear this will become a reality.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Glen

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Was that loser a charger or raider fan?

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    No, , no.

Come onnnn London franchise.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Might as well bring back the 1960 logo

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Local Charger fans are having a meltdown

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i'm for whatever plan brings the raiders to LA and out of that hole. dont get why bolts fans are so up in arms about this. i drive to SD once a year from LA and its not bad at all. if you're really so passionate about your team you'd make a day out of football sunday and go to the games anyway.

for s sake i drive up to oakland once a year for games

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    i'm for whatever plan brings the raiders to LA and out of that hole. dont get why bolts fans are so up in arms about this. i drive to SD once a year from LA and its not bad at all. if you're really so passionate about your team you'd make a day out of football sunday and go to the games anyway.

It has nothing to do with distance.

1. We hate the Raiders, why would we want to share a stadium with them.
    2. San Diegans hate most Los Angeles sports teams and don't want to root for one.
    3. They don't represent San Diego anymore.
    and there are more but those are the main ones.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Nobody likes that got Dean Spanos and his delusional idea that a broke city is going to give him a stadium for free. Maybe if Spanos wasn't a ing terrible owner who actively drives away fans, attendance would have been better and a new stadium could have been built. And Raider fans getting on their high horse about attendance is funny when your team has led the league in blackouts since moving back to Oakland.

Thread Information