Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of old news... thanks for the year-old article, boots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of old news... thanks for the year-old article, boots.
    ya think Billo is doin better now with the younger segment, or stuck with the AARP/Social Security/Medicaid crowd?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Fabrication: O'Reilly Never Witnessed The Murder Of Nuns In El Salvador

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/02...sed-the/202667

MMA has been kicking Fox's fat, corrupt, lying, slandering asses for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asked about O’Reilly’s statements Friday, a Fox News spokesman said that O’Reilly was not an eyewitness to any bombings or injuries in Northern Ireland. Instead, he was shown photos of bombings by Protestant police officers.
    The clarification is similar to one O’Reilly made in the wake of questions raised this week about his characterization of his experiences during the Salvadoran civil war.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...9a9_story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The network released figures Friday showing that his weekly audience grew by 11 percent compared with the same period last year.
    same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    claimed on several occasions that he heard the gunshot that killed George de Mohrenschildt, a friend of JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald who committed suicide at his daughter’s home in Florida in 1977
    hmmm....de Mohrenschildt threw parties with Ferri in New O leans.....all were in some ways associated with jack Ruby...and Oswald...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's a " party?"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reporters And Lawyers Who Worked On Murdered Nuns Case Blast O'Reilly's Tall Tales

Bill O'Reilly's false claim that he witnessed the brutal 1980 murders of four American women in El Salvador -- and his excuse, after his lie was exposed, that he meant he saw photos of their bodies -- is drawing harsh criticism from journalists who covered the story and lawyers who worked with the nuns' families to bring justice in the case.

O'Reilly has recently faced scrutiny for a series of fabrications he has told over the years about his reporting career. Last week, Media Matters reported that O'Reilly had repeatedly suggested he saw nuns murdered in El Salvador while reporting for CBS News, despite the fact that the incident in question occurred before he arrived in the country. O'Reilly told his radio audience in 2005 that he'd "seen guys gun down nuns in El Salvador." More recently, he said on his Fox News program, "I was in El Salvador and I saw nuns get shot in the back of the head."

After Media Matters challenged O'Reilly's story, he told Mediaite that he merely meant he'd seen "horrendous images" of the murdered nuns while reporting from El Salvador.

His apparent effort to use the brutal murders to bolster his own history as a journalist is drawing harsh rebukes from those who represented the families of the victims in legal cases related to the murders.

"It's disgusting, it's reprehensible," said Patti Blum, an attorney who worked with the families on a civil case for the Center for Justice and Accountability. "To use the death of four women who were in El Salvador just to do good for your own self-aggrandizement is unsavory."

Scott Greathead, a founder of Lawyers Committee for Human Rights, which is now Human Rights First, spent time in El Salvador representing relatives of the nuns during the prosecution of the killers.

He said of O'Reilly's claims and his weak excuse, "I don't know why he said that and why he came to say it. I know he didn't see it and nobody saw it and anyone who knew about that incident would have known they were killed in secret. Hundreds of thousands of people have seen pictures of it and I don't know anyone else being confused about what they saw."

He later added, "I don't think anyone should be making up stories about this, to invent a story. I know from representing the families from all this time they remain very, very sensitive about what happened to their sisters and daughters. Distorting the truth is appalling."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/03...ered-nu/202762

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So NBC nightly news viewership drops by 100s K's while O'Rielly see a bump in his ratings. Seems about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's a " party?"
    Film Actor's Guild.. Matt Damon is at all of these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Park reference. of course.

Thread Information