Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have former aircraft pilots in the militia movement who could fly a jet if people were to take over an air force base.
    We?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama, and other serious people, have been WAITING, for YEARS, to see proposals from Repugs about how to resolve the 10M+ illegal aliens.

The "no discussion until border is hermetically sealed" is Repug "we don't want a solution" bull .

Boner REFUSED to even vote on the Senate's BI-PARTISAN comprehensive immigration bill, saying the House would "solve" the immigration problem in piece by piece, iow, take YEARS to do anything. The wonderful House Repugs still have no proposals.

To try to be fair to you legal aliens, the Senate bill had penalties, and back taxes, and "go to end of the immigration waiting line", plus more $1000s paid to immigration lawyers.

Repugs had from 2001 - 2006 to "solve" the immigration problem, and all they did was blow $5B+ on Boeing's electronic wall, a risible failure.

iow, the 6 years, the Repugs were in power, they did nothing,not even proposals.

Repugs know their business paymasters and business investors benefit from cheap, ripped off immigrant labor, and won't do anything to stop that hidden War on Employees.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican Governors Support DHS Shutdown Over Immigration

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/re...+%28TPMNews%29

Flaccid Boner said he supports a DHS shutdown, so it sure seems like it's going to happen, in 5 days.

And of course ALL the Repug objections to, attacks on Obama's Exec Order are bull LIES.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Boutons we do have the solution. Not republicans but us real conservatives and patriots. Do you know about those empty fema camps they built? Let's put them to good use, if we can put a man on the moon we can put a be@ner over the border.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    W all know what the cons ution calls for in the event of treason!! Let's get the ball rolling, and do it the right way through the court system. Whoooo !!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American Voters Split On Obama's Immigration Move, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds

American voters are divided on whether President Barack Obama should take action to address the immigration issue if Congress fails to act, as 45 percent say the president should issue an executive order while 48 percent say he should not, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today.
    At the same time, support for immigrants is at its lowest level ever measured by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll. Offered three choices on what to do about illegal immigrants:
    • 48 percent of American voters say they should be allowed to stay, with a path to citizenship, down from 57 percent November 13, 2013, and the lowest this number ever has been;
    • 11 percent say immigrants should be allowed to stay, but not be allowed to apply for citizenship, consistent with previous surveys;
    • 35 percent say illegal immigrants should be required to leave the U.S., up from 26 percent 12 months ago and higher than this number ever has been.
    There is a wide gender gap on Obama's action, as women support it 50 - 39 percent, while men oppose it 57 - 39 percent. Support is 59 - 33 percent among voters 18 to 29 years old, but drops among older voters, with voters over 65 years old opposed 53 - 36 percent.
    Democrats support Obama's immigration move 74 - 18 percent, with opposition at 75 - 20 percent among Republicans and 51 - 40 percent among independent voters.
    "While President Barack Obama's popularity wallows, support for immigrants wanes as Americans look at immigration reform with ambivalence," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
    American voters oppose 68 - 25 percent Congress shutting down "major activities of the federal government" as a way to block Obama's immigration move.
    Only 44 percent of Republicans support a shutdown, with 47 percent opposed.
    "Americans seem divided on immigration, but they agree on one thing: They don't want a government shutdown over President Obama's action on immigration," Malloy added.
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-e...ReleaseID=2115

But Repugs don't care about shutting down the DHS, since Krazy Kruz shut govt down for 2 weeks, and Repugs still "won" in 2012 election (with the lowest The American People turnout in 80 years)

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    American Voters Split On Obama's Immigration Move, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds

American voters are divided on whether President Barack Obama should take action to address the immigration issue if Congress fails to act, as 45 percent say the president should issue an executive order while 48 percent say he should not, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today.
    At the same time, support for immigrants is at its lowest level ever measured by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll. Offered three choices on what to do about illegal immigrants:
    • 48 percent of American voters say they should be allowed to stay, with a path to citizenship, down from 57 percent November 13, 2013, and the lowest this number ever has been;
    • 11 percent say immigrants should be allowed to stay, but not be allowed to apply for citizenship, consistent with previous surveys;
    • 35 percent say illegal immigrants should be required to leave the U.S., up from 26 percent 12 months ago and higher than this number ever has been.
    There is a wide gender gap on Obama's action, as women support it 50 - 39 percent, while men oppose it 57 - 39 percent. Support is 59 - 33 percent among voters 18 to 29 years old, but drops among older voters, with voters over 65 years old opposed 53 - 36 percent.
    Democrats support Obama's immigration move 74 - 18 percent, with opposition at 75 - 20 percent among Republicans and 51 - 40 percent among independent voters.
    "While President Barack Obama's popularity wallows, support for immigrants wanes as Americans look at immigration reform with ambivalence," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
    American voters oppose 68 - 25 percent Congress shutting down "major activities of the federal government" as a way to block Obama's immigration move.
    Only 44 percent of Republicans support a shutdown, with 47 percent opposed.
    "Americans seem divided on immigration, but they agree on one thing: They don't want a government shutdown over President Obama's action on immigration," Malloy added.
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-e...ReleaseID=2115

But Repugs don't care about shutting down the DHS, since Krazy Kruz shut govt down for 2 weeks, and Repugs still "won" in 2012 election (with the lowest The American People turnout in 80 years)
    Wonder what caused the change in opposition numbers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what caused the change in opposition numbers.
    Very probably the xenophobic, racist right-wing hate media rousing, lying to the rabble.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Very probably the xenophobic, racist right-wing hate media rousing, lying to the rabble.
    So the Democrats are buying it too?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Democrats are buying it too?
    Probably, esp Dem men.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Probably, esp Dem men.
    Interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans Just Blinked In The Big Immigration Stare-Down With Obama

Republicans just blinked on immigration.

The months-long standoff over President Barack Obama's executive actions on immigration took a major turn late Monday when Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) proposed decoupling funding for the Department of Homeland Security from legislative action against Obama on deportations.

The threat of withholding DHS funding to block Obama's immigration moves has been the centerpiece of the GOP's political strategy for months. McConnell's proposal to delink them is another sign that he's trying to find a way out of a battle that GOP leaders in both chambers never really wanted, but which has been pushed by the rank and file in the House.

The DHS funding bill that blocks Obama's initiatives to shield more than 4 million people from deportation has already passed the House, but McConnell has been unable to overcome a Democratic filibuster in the Senate. McConnell brought it to a vote again Monday afternoon, and for the fourth time Senate Democrats successfully filibustered it.

Moments later, McConnell put legislation on the calendar to overturn Obama's immigration actions in a standalone manner — separate from DHS funding.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/repu...+%28TPMNews%29

Repugs getting force-fed their own obstructionist, filibustering tactics, and whining, ing, moaning about it.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-24-2015 at 06:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a news release Management and Training Corporation, which runs the prison, said the problems started this morning when inmates refused to eat breakfast and complained about medical services at the facility.
    MTC says several inmates broke out of the housing units and made their way to the recreational yard.

Sheriff Spence said at one point he saw 200 to 300 inmates walking around in the recreation yard.

The company says there are now approximately 2,000 inmates taking part in the disturbance. Another 1,000 inmates housed in a separate facility are not involved.
    Prison officials say they used tear gas to try to bring the situation under control. They say inmates set fire to three of the 10 prison tents causing minor damages.
    http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...3cc287c42.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As many as 2,800 federal prisoners will be moved to other ins utions after inmates seized control of part of a prison in South Texas, causing damage that made the facility "uninhabitable," an official said Saturday.
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/2015/0...tes-to-be.html

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    W all know what the cons ution calls for in the event of treason!!
    What does it call for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “It’s a predictable consequence of the Bureau of Prisons turning a blind eye to the abuse at Criminal Alien Requirement prisons,” said Carl Takei, a staff attorney at the ACLU who visited the facility in 2013.

The Bureau of Prisons did not respond to a request for comment for this story.

“Willacy is aptly a symbol of everything that is wrong with the criminalization of immigration and BOP’s use of privatization,” Takei told Fusion.

And inmates have reportedly talked about attacking the facility for years.

“Sometimes [prisoners] become so frustrated that they even speak of burning down the tents,” an inmate named Dante told the ACLU more than a year ago.
    Takei said when he visited Willacy inmates described “vermin and insects” crawling in and out of the tents, overflowing toilets, along with severe overcrowding.
    http://fusion.net/story/52778/two-da...advocates-say/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be this same prison, correct?

Scandal dims hopes in Willacy County
    Optimism over new jail facilities is overshadowed by bribery cases

By JAMES PINKERTON
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle Rio Grande Valley Bureau

RAYMONDVILLE - When traditional jobs in agriculture and the oil patch began to shrink, Willacy County saw salvation in prisons and jails.

A 540-bed jail opened for federal prisoners in 2003 and a 96-bed county jail is now nearing completion, both located next to an existing state jail at the main crossroads of this rural county in the deep Rio Grande Valley.

In addition to the jobs provided at the facilities, county officials envisioned ringing cash registers as inmates' families made visits, spending money at local hotels, gas stations and restaurants.

"It meant jobs," Willacy County Sheriff Larry Spence said of the county jail for federal inmates, which cost $24 million to build. ''Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of businesses here. It's mostly farming, and even some farmers and ranchers got out of that. If you don't work for the county, the city or the schools, that's about it."

The two jails, when operating at full capacity, would add a combined 480 jobs to the county economy.

But today, the optimism has been overshadowed by scandal. A pair of county commissioners await sentencing in April after admitting taking bribes from corporate executives in exchange for voting on jail contracts. The executives haven't been identified in federal charges.

The bribery scandal and resulting charges are just the latest crises in what have been a rough few years for Willacy County, where a third of the 20,000 residents live in poverty and less than half of those old enough to have earned high school diplomas have one.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nono you're a south aryan right? Hop on bord Homie we border patrol now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    likely, dunno

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nono you're a south aryan right? Hop on bord Homie we border patrol now
    lol I get a chuckle every time I see a "SECEDE" sticker in south Texas... and I see a lot of them

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ?Argentina = white is the joke. Surprisingly they are pretty white
    Last edited by m>s; 02-25-2015 at 10:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?Argentina = white is the joke. Surprisingly they are pretty white
    I actually hear there's a lot more black folk over there these days. DAF86 would know better, I suspect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually hear there's a lot more black folk over there these days. DAF86 would know better, I suspect.
    Yep, lot's of African folks selling jewelry on the streets. Still don't make up even 1% of the population though but you do see a lot more than in past years (at least here in the Patagonia). Hopefully we start producing some African-Argentinians athletes soon, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 02-25-2015 at 12:47 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yep, lot's of African folks selling jewelry on the streets. Still don't make up even 1% of the population though but you do see a lot more than in past years (at least here in the Patagonia). Hopefully we start producing some African-Argentinians athletes soon, tbh.
    Ugh don't go down that path whatever you do. Avoid the 'groid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh don't go down that path whatever you do. Avoid the 'groid
    Why son? They sell some nice looking stuff, tbh.

Thread Information