Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If the Lakers are to going to max out Rondo, then Dallas should pass. I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully this Rondo experiment will show enough promise before the end of the season and they can resign him at a reasonable price. PG position is still a hole despite Rondo acquisition. It didn't look good when they first brought back Kidd.
    The league minimum is too much for Rondo. He is useless to a successful NBA franchise, unless of course there's 3 HOFers in their prime playing ahead of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs and Lakers have 5 rings to fall back on in the Duncan/Kobe era. Neither of us have any right to compare ourselves to these one hit or no hit wonders around the league. We two are just suffering the normal cyclic effect of being champions for so long.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The league minimum is too much for Rondo. He is useless to a successful NBA franchise, unless of course there's 3 HOFers in their prime playing ahead of him.
    Rondo has had some success in this league. I know it looks grim: he's coming off an ACL tear, so far he's messed up their spacing on offense, he's not been a good fit so far, but I wouldn't go so far as assign him scrub status just yet. At least all it cost to take a flier on him was Brandon Wright. I mean there's no way you were beating Golden State or Memphis in the playoffs with Jameer Nelson and Ray Felton playing heavy minutes trying to guard the Splash Brothers or Mike Conley. I understand what they were trying to do with Rondo, and if they played a series today, they still wouldn't beat the Warriors or the Grizz, but I supported the trade and the downside was limited. And there's a chance they could yet gel together and win a couple series.
    Last edited by Findog; 02-26-2015 at 07:11 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/2/...-rick-carlisle

Rajon,

We really don't have time for this crap. We, meaning your teammates, your coaches, and the Mavericks fans, neither have the time nor inclination for any sort of diva act. The Mavericks have their best chance at doing something, anything in the playoffs since the 2010-11 le season. And you're the reason, to a certain extent.

But you are also becoming the reason they might not have a chance.

Tuesday night, the entire basketball world watched as you and Rick Carlisle got into an argument about playcalling during the game against the Toronto Raptors. Then we watched as the Mavericks came back to win with you on the bench. Then we watched Rick Carlisle shoot lasers from his eyes at ESPN Dallas' Tim MacMahon for asking what the problem was. He assured us it was over and that everyone would move on. WE REALLY DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS CRAP

Then you went and got yourself suspended by escalating the issue further after the game and after Rick Carlisle went to bat for you with the media.

I can't believe we're even talking about this. Just who in the do you think you are? Is getting the last word more important to you than helping your team win games? You won a NBA championship as the fourth banana on a team with three future Hall of Famers...seven years ago. You've been living off your reputation for far too long. Getting suspended for conduct detrimental to the team 25 games into your tenure for a squad that's 18 games above .500 is ridiculous.

Rajon Rondo, simply put -- you are not bigger than the Dallas Mavericks.

I'm sure there are things that have gone on that we fans aren't privy to. I'm sure you have real reasons for being as mad about this as you are. But from our side of things, you're currently acting like a spoiled teenager who is mad at his folks for not letting him stay out past curfew. It's beneath you. It's beneath what you bring to this team and this game.

I'm really tired of fighting for you with friends and fans. I see the numbers, and I know that you're helping the Mavericks. I know that you've given the team the edge they need to potentially contend this season. But this kind of childish temper tantrum -- it makes watching my favorite team a chore. And you know, it's really, extraordinarily hard to make watching basketball with Dirk Nowitzki a chore. RAJON RONDO IS NOT BIGGER THAN THE DALLAS MAVERICKS

You're losing the fanbase, who wanted -- still want -- so much to believe in you.

We Mavericks fans have been through this brand of hope before. In 2012, we struggled through an entire season of Lamar Odom, who constantly put himself above his teammates. His selfishness was the dark cloud over the season, and you can bet your bottom dollar that after that, Rick, Dirk, Mark Cuban, or any of the other old hats in the Mavericks locker room are not interested in a lost season. Not when the team has this much potential.

I'll tell you something, Rajon -- something you may not be aware of yet. Mavericks basketball in 2015 is a team of underdogs. The roster is littered with players who have been written off as past their primes. Guys who are on their second or third acts and who really want to crash the playoff party come April and May. If you could see that -- if you could wake up from your haze of self-importance -- you could push this team from fringe status to actual contender.

But not if you don't pull back from this path and get it the together. Dallas needs you, if the Mavericks want to make any noise in the playoffs. But they can, and will, also find a way without you. That's how this organization works.

Look Rajon, I'm not telling you this because I'm mad at you (though I am) or because I don't care (I really do). I'm writing to let you know that we need you. Sure, there are times where the offense gets mucked up, but there are also times where Dallas can't get into basic sets. The Mavs need a steady hand. They also need your defense, when you're focused enough to play it. The West is too damn hard and we've seen just enough flashes to hope that Rondo the defensive wizard is still within you.

So, what's it going to be: Rajon Rondo or the Dallas Mavericks? The organization was willing to take a risk on you, trading a popular bench anchor for a star point guard. Now, you need to take a risk on them.

Sincerely,

Kirk Henderson

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Oh well, at least the Spurs aren't the only ones ed in their point guard situation right now with Rondo and Rose.
    rockets are ed too, Beverly sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo already has one foot in Laker-land tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    A Rondo-Kobe-Byron trifecta would be pure greatness.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    BTW how good has dat JJ Barea looked this year... thank christ we have 2 decent PGs on the roster.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bev already put in his work in 2013 though.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A Rondo-Kobe-Byron trifecta would be pure greatness.
    Just remember it starts at 0-0, dummy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just remember it starts at 0-0, dummy.
    And then the Lakers start losing. Early and often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we didn't lose no substantial value in this deal though, so it's at least not as bad as trading a future MVP candidate for a one-season rental of Kevin Martin imho.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And then the Lakers start losing. Early and often.
    That's neither here nor there. + I wasn't addressing you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Dallas should be glad for it. Rondo is pretty antiquated. Still better than Tony, though.
    speaking of tony, mavs always have a behavior of getting the spurs old leftover trash. I wouldn't be shocked if in the future enrique becomes a mav.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you have my man Prigs.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's neither here nor there. + I wasn't addressing you.
    Just checkin assholes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the issue here. Rondo isn't a deal maker/breaker. He's a role guy who got put in his place. He's not going to alter the fortunes of the team. He'd have more chance of being a negative impact on the floor than on the bench.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't get the issue here. Rondo isn't a deal maker/breaker. He's a role guy who got put in his place. He's not going to alter the fortunes of the team. He'd have more chance of being a negative impact on the floor than on the bench.
    I think when you watch the Mavs it is painfully obvious they are not a better team with Rondo playing. any gains he gives the defense it is undone by the stagnation of the offense. Mavs have small chance to be a good defense. Aminu, Tyson, Ellis and Jefferson are all good to solid on that end. Rondo's defense can also be good. But the Mavs will need to perform at their pre rondo levels tp go far in the playoffs. And is Rondo really THAT much better than Ellis/Harris on defense that it's worth mucking up the flow of their offense?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And is Rondo really THAT much better than Ellis/Harris on defense that it's worth mucking up the flow of their offense?
    Yes he is. Stats back that up.

He's out, Curry goes for 51 directly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes he is. Stats back that up.

He's out, Curry goes for 51 directly.
    I didnt say he wasnt better. I asked is it worth the hit to the offense.Prior to the trade the Mavs were on a historic pace for offense according to plenty of advanced efficiency metrics. Maybe they would have regressed anyway due to injuries and shooting to normal levels, but the Mavs to me were legit darkhorse contender. Keep in mind Dirk has not been elite this year and yet they still were playing at high level because Montae was amazing. Now? Not only is the defense leaky but the offense stalls when Rondo plays. I hope Cubes values the defensive numbers you allude to and ignores the offensive ones. You will save the Lakers from making a mistake and ruin your slim le hopes.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I didnt say he wasnt better. I asked is it worth the hit to the offense.Prior to the trade the Mavs were on a historic pace for offense according to plenty of advanced efficiency metrics. Maybe they would have regressed anyway due to injuries and shooting to normal levels, but the Mavs to me were legit darkhorse contender. Keep in mind Dirk has not been elite this year and yet they still were playing at high level because Montae was amazing. Now? Not only is the defense leaky but the offense stalls when Rondo plays. I hope Cubes values the defensive numbers you allude to and ignores the offensive ones. You will save the Lakers from making a mistake and ruin your slim le hopes.
    Do people forget what a ing easy schedule the Mavs played early on? That's why the offense looked great.

I take #8 and 8 over #1 and 28 (rating wise).#

Mavs need Rondo on defense to have a shot at winning a series, simple as that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do people forget what a ing easy schedule the Mavs played early on? That's why the offense looked great.

I take #8 and 8 over #1 and 28 (rating wise).#

Mavs need Rondo on defense to have a shot at winning a series, simple as that.
    SOS is a factor but are you watching the same games I am? I think you want this to work so you are ignoring w that is right in front of you but good luck I don't hate Mavs I just think you are wrong but we will see

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yep he is wrong. It is obvious from the eye test that Rondo hurts the team more than he helps. Tbh any guard that can't shoot hurts the team. And Rondo's inside game isn't as good as it used to be. Shown by his fg% drop.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Hey Mavs, thanks for Brandan Wright!

Love,
    Suns

Thread Information