Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I was just reading WalterFootball, and he's been dropping some serious truthbombs on the Raiders all offseason:

Raiders hire HC Jack Del Rio: D Grade
    This is why the Raiders are the Raiders; they make stupid moves like this. Jack Del Rio had a failed tenure as Jacksonville's head coach. He took the Jaguars to the playoffs a couple of times, but he was often overmatched. Owner Wayne Weaver eventually got so fed up with him that he told the media that he wished Del Rio had a better work ethic. How can a coach with a poor work ethic get hired to be a head coach again? The Raiders would've been better off with Tony Sparano, who at least cared.

This is a major win for Del Rio. Not only does he get to be a head coach again; he gets to go home. He'll be in California, near the beach, where he concentrate on surfing rather than game planning for his upcoming opponents.
    Raiders hire OC Bill Musgrave: F Grade
    A typical Raiders' move. Jack Del Rio was hired a few days ago, and he has already screwed up by replacing Greg Olson with Bill Musgrave. Whereas Olson coached up Derek Carr and got the most out of him - as well as many other quarterbacks over his coaching career - Musgrave has pretty much been a failure wherever he's gone. He had two unsuccessful tenures as an offensive coordinator in Jacksonville and Minnesota, and he was part of the reason Nick Foles regressed this past year when he replaced Bill Lazor as the Eagles' quarterbacks coach.

The Raiders have made poor decisions for more than a decade, and this is just the latest one. Del Rio should've been thrilled to inherit someone like Olson, but he managed to severely downgrade his offensive coordinator. Carr, as a result, will suffer a severe sop re slump that could help ruin his career.
    Raiders reportedly sign C Rodney Hudson (5 years, $44.5 million): C Grade
    Reggie McKenzie is at it again. The beleaguered Raiders' general manager overpaid for players in last year's free agency, and it appears as though he's willing to do the same thing this spring.

Unlike some of the aging bums McKenzie added a year ago, Rodney Hudson is actually a very good player. In fact, he's one of the league's best centers, as he was slotted in the top 20 of my Top NFL Free Agent Rankings list. So, why the "C" grade? It's because the Raiders could've paid less money to Stefen Wisniewski, who is just as good of a center as Hudson. Oakland inexplicably let Wisniewski get away, probably because the team struggles to evaluate talent (even its own).

Hudson's motivation also has to come into question. Why is he willing to go from a team on the cusp of playoff contention every year to one of the worst-run franchises in the NFL? It appears as though it's solely because of money, and if so, that's a terrible omen for this pact. Hudson apparently doesn't care about winning, so there's a good chance that this will be a bust signing.
    The Raiders have a dubious history signing former Super Bowl MVPs. Both Desmond Howard and Larry Brown busted for them, so will Malcolm Smith be next? Everyone seems to be expecting Smith to fail.
    Raiders sign S Nate Allen (4 years, $23M; $11.8M guaranteed): CAPTAIN KIELBASA Grade
    I actually laughed for a good minute when I saw these numbers posted on Twitter by Aaron Wilson. I then tweeted - @walterfootball - that the numbers in the contract must have been displaced. Signing Nate Allen to a 4-year, $2.3 million contract actually seems more reasonable than this.

I don't get it. Allen was one of the worst starting safeties in the NFL last year. He was partly responsible for the inep ude of Philadelphia's secondary, and the team was more than happy to watch him walk away in free agency. Allen wouldn't have gotten a quarter of the value of this deal from anyone else, so why in the world did Oakland give him all this money? It makes absolutely no sense.

This is an easy "F" grade, and it's arguably the worst signing of the offseason thus far. I'm giving the Raiders a "Captain Kielbasa" - half for Matt Millen, half for owner Mark Davis and his ridiculous Captain Kangaroo haircut.
    http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Raiders
    spurraider21

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the Nate Allen contract was terrible, and as I said in the coaching search thread, i really hated the musgrave hire too.

the Hudson signing is actually one of the best moves we've made in years. he's one of the top centers in the league and is just 25. this is just a case of bagging on the raiders no matter what. if we didn't outbid KC for Hudson, they would say "the raiders had so much cap space, and they were for some reason pinching pennies and not spending to bring talent in"

being the raiders, we sorta have to overpay players to convince them to join. if we dont make singings, they'll say we wasted an opportunity with the cap space, and when we do make the signings, they'll complain that we overpay. damned if you do, damned if you don't. the difference between this year and last is that last year we overpaid for players on the wrong side of 30 and past their prime. this year we've paid for players still in their 20's, like malcolm smith, dan williams, rodney hudson, curtis lofton

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Raiders have released Schaub

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    with all this cap space i hope we can make a run at re-signing the pigeon

Can we get an update. Has the pigeon been signed yet????? I think the pigeon logged more playing time than Clowney did last season.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Raiders have released Schaub
    Matt Schaub 2014 stats: 10 attempts. 5 completions. 2 interceptions. $8 million.

That's $4 million/interception.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Can we get an update. Has the pigeon been signed yet????? I think the pigeon logged more playing time than Clowney did last season.
    Probably would have a better year than T.Richardson.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Probably would have a better year than T.Richardson.
    Richardson just sucks. At least the pigeon was a special teams ace

Post Count
    Walter going HAM on Philo:

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Walter going HAM on Philo
    What? I agree with their stance. I'm on record that the signing sucks and that McKenzie is trash in free agency

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't get the shot at Spurraider? He is too numb to say anything about the TR signing. It's understandable.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    it's hard to even give a grade to the raiders offseason.. i mean .. just absurd.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    it's hard to even give a grade to the raiders offseason.. i mean .. just absurd.
    A ...........................for Asleep at the wheel.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All you guys crack me up, GIVE THINGS SOME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many teams couldn't use Justin Forsett? Look at how many times backer James Harrison was dumped. After his first two seasons O.J.was considered a bust, he hadn't rushed for over 700 yards in a season.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

You don't get recruited by ALABAMA and not have skills.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count

How many teams couldn't use Justin Forsett? Look at how many times backer James Harrison was dumped. After his first two seasons O.J.was considered a bust, he hadn't rushed for over 700 yards in a season.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

That's why maybe you sign him for vet min. Why the heck would you give him 2 mil per season?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That's why maybe you sign him for vet min. Why the heck would you give him 2 mil per season?
    I do agree with that. Yes the $$$$ needs to right when dealing with ??? players.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    College skills are different than pro skills.

Hmmm surprised you didn't know that.

For example the all time leading tackler (at the time he graduated) for one of the most storied programs in history, led that school in tackles all four years he was there, was an All-American in 1991 and won the Bukuts award could only play 10 games in the NFL.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    lol damn i feel bad for Carr and Del Rio

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol damn i feel bad for Carr and Del Rio
    sad as it is, it can't be worse than MJD last year

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    sad as it is, it can't be worse than MJD last year

at least you didnt pay toby gerhart

Post Count

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

But, but Alabama recruited him!

That means he's a superstar, just like Andrew Zow, Albert Means, and Milo Lewis!

Post Count
    Trent Richardson's longest career run: 32 yards

Fivehead Manning's longest career run: 33 yards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQy3WAe00jY&t=0m38s

"But, but, Bama recruited T-Rich!"

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    College skills are different than pro skills.

Hmmm surprised you didn't know that.

For example the all time leading tackler (at the time he graduated) for one of the most storied programs in history, led that school in tackles all four years he was there, was an All-American in 1991 and won the Bukuts award could only play 10 games in the NFL.
    Dude, running back is the one position where these guys can step right in and take over, not surprised you don't get that.

Rookies, shesh~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

But, but Alabama recruited him!

That means he's a superstar, just like Andrew Zow, Albert Means, and Milo Lewis!
    Who is talking superstar, come on guy, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~

When Bama brings in backs they are the among the best out there, I know....news to you. So you'd wanna give them a little time, ok? This isn't like some cat out of Humbolt State.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Dude, running back is the one position where these guys can step right in and take over, not surprised you don't get that.

Rookies, shesh~~~~
    And yet, he couldn't.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And yet, he couldn't.
    He scored 11 td's as a rookie, Ladainian Tomlinson had 10. His 3.6 average per carry the same as LT's.

You wanna see a long list of RB's that had seasons to begin with who came on afterwards, well?

Thread Information