Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    it's hard to even give a grade to the raiders offseason.. i mean .. just absurd.
    It is the Raiders man I dont expect more or anything less.

He scored 11 td's as a rookie, Ladainian Tomlinson had 10. His 3.6 average per carry the same as LT's.

You wanna see a long list of RB's that had seasons to begin with who came on afterwards, well?
    Sadly his rookie year and that 3.6 was his highlight so far man.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    Dude, running back is the one position where these guys can step right in and take over, not surprised you don't get that.

Rookies, shesh~~~~
    Yeah as Trent Richardson from ALABAMA has demonstrated he can do in Cleveland and Indy.

And per the usual you twisted my words to fit your argument. Color me shocked. You can't have a normal conversation without berating people. Sad really.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sadly his rookie year and that 3.6 was his highlight so far man.
    Sure things don't look go right now for Richardson, but with these big school guys ya do need to give them a longer look. Alabama doesn't recruit losers. If he were out of San Jose State, that would be different.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Sure things don't look go right now for Richardson, but with these big school guys ya do need to give them a longer look.
    Bring JaMarcus Russell back! He's a "big school guy," he needs a longer look!

Alabama doesn't recruit losers.
    Yet they were garbage for over a decade before Saban showed up.

If he were out of San Jose State, that would be different.
    No, it really wouldn't be. He'd still be one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory whether he went to Alabama or Panhandle State.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    Alabama doesn't recruit losers.
    Not every recruit is a homerun at places like Bama. Some dudes are just good college players and not good pros. Happens all the time.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bring JaMarcus Russell back! He's a "big school guy," he needs a longer look!

Yet they were garbage for over a decade before Saban showed up.

No, it really wouldn't be. He'd still be one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory whether he went to Alabama or Panhandle State.
    I am talking just running backs, I made that clear. Dude, you have a bunch of bad habits, one of them is you have no understanding of how the game is played at all, none. It goes from funny, to stupid. You don't expect to get a true read on a back after just a couple seasons. History is full of examples of why ya give it a little more time. Of course not knowing any history...................................

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not every recruit is a homerun at places like Bama. Some dudes are just good college players and not good pros. Happens all the time.
    I agree with that, but we also see guys come on after a couple seasons at the NFL level.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    I agree with that, but we also see guys come on after a couple seasons at the NFL level.
    And you also see guys come from smaller schools that have productive NFL seasons. At the college level talent rules, but the NFL you have to have that talent and know how to play the game regardless of position.

Post Count
    I am talking just running backs, I made that clear. Dude, you have a bunch of bad habits, one of them is you have no understanding of how the game is played at all, none. It goes from funny, to stupid. You don't expect to get a true read on a back after just a couple seasons. History is full of examples of why ya give it a little more time. Of course not knowing any history...................................
    You're the one who's clueless. Even the best RB's nowadays peak early and are done by age 30, with extremely rare exceptions (which is why teams have stopped drafting them in the first round and are moving towards a committee approach). For Richardson to still be a flat-out scrub who's already on his third team is not a good sign.

And don't give me that "slow down" crap. Conventional wisdom says it takes three years to judge a draft pick. Richardson has already spent those three years as a journeyman scrub. He's a bust, plain and simple. He was a huge reach on draft day and has done nothing ever to justify his draft position.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And you also see guys come from smaller schools that have productive NFL seasons. At the college level talent rules, but the NFL you have to have that talent and know how to play the game regardless of position.
    You must have missed my mile long list of stud backs out of small schools. That's been going on since Joe "The Jet" Perry out of Compton JC. Well aware of how it works.

I'm thinking Richardson has a "desire to succeed" problem, not sure if it can be fixed.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're the one who's clueless. Even the best RB's nowadays peak early and are done by age 30, with extremely rare exceptions (which is why teams have stopped drafting them in the first round and are moving towards a committee approach). For Richardson to still be a flat-out scrub who's already on his third team is not a good sign.

And don't give me that "slow down" crap. Conventional wisdom says it takes three years to judge a draft pick. Richardson has already spent those three years as a journeyman scrub. He's a bust, plain and simple. He was a huge reach on draft day and has done nothing ever to justify his draft position.
    So if conventional wisdom tells us it takes three seasons to get a true read on draft picks, what's with you acting re ed over Dri Archer, well? Explain that to me, ok?

I will give up on Richardson if he can''t produce this season. Just not after a couple seasons.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    You must have missed my mile long list of stud backs out of small schools. That's been going on since Joe "The Jet" Perry out of Compton JC. Well aware of how it works.
    You answered your own thought. "mile long list". What's next a power point presentation? So damn right I "missed" your list. Waste of time to read and create.

I'm thinking Richardson has a "desire to succeed" problem, not sure if it can be fixed.
    I will agree with the desire part, which is hard to fix. Have to find the right motovation for those players and some times it is hard to find and before he knows it is time in the league could be over.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You answered your own thought. "mile long list". What's next a power point presentation? So damn right I "missed" your list. Waste of time to read and create.

I will agree with the desire part, which is hard to fix. Have to find the right motovation for those players and some times it is hard to find and before he knows it is time in the league could be over.
    Little man, I can rattle off...

Wilbert Montgomery Abilene Christian
    Fred Jackson Coe
    Chris Warren Furman
    Bass UOP
    Walter Payton Jackson State
    Leroy Kelly Morgan St

....in a matter of minutes, that's what seperates me from everyone else here.

You need to stop acting like football started for me in the 80's, ok? Try the 50's, alright?

Sure things don't look go right now for Richardson, but with these big school guys ya do need to give them a longer look. Alabama doesn't recruit losers. If he were out of San Jose State, that would be different.
    We could say that for a lot of busts though in the NFL who had short careers and came from big schools. There have been a few, too many to name. Maybe he just does not have the work ethic or heart? Maybe he doesn't really love the game? Who knows but you will have to wait and see. This year is his trial.

Little man, I can rattle off...

Wilbert Montgomery Abilene Christian
    Fred Jackson Coe
    Chris Warren Furman
    Bass UOP
    Walter Payton Jackson State
    Leroy Kelly Morgan St

....in a matter of minutes, that's what seperates me from everyone else here.

You need to stop acting like football started for me in the 80's, ok? Try the 50's, alright?
    Damnnnn Chris Warren! I forgot about him from the Hawks until you brought him up, brought me back to my teens and put a smirk on my face. MY GOD I used to really love football, used to know all of their stats and had the cards and studied the sports history etc. Wilbert Montgomery was very good as well, slept on nowadays.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    We could say that for a lot of busts though in the NFL who had short careers and came from big schools. There have been a few, too many to name. Maybe he just does not have the work ethic or heart? Maybe he doesn't really love the game? Who knows but you will have to wait and see. This year is his trial.
    Afrer 4 seasons Garrison Hearst was considered a bust, he was averaging about 500 yards a season and only had one season where he averaged over 3.9 a carry. So the Cards dump him, he ends up a Niner, the next three seasons he averages over 1000 a season and never has an average per carry under 4.4. And he was not some exception, we see that story many times. So why not give a guy a little time knowing how well that's worked for others?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Damnnnn Chris Warren! I forgot about him from the Hawks until you brought him up, brought me back to my teens and put a smirk on my face. MY GOD I used to really love football, used to know all of their stats and had the cards and studied the sports history etc. Wilbert Montgomery was very good as well, slept on nowadays.
    I never outgrew the cards, the mags, the books. I love the game and have done the study.

Chris Warren was smooth, the classic example of the guy who never looked like he was going as fast as those behind him, ha~ A glider.

Afrer 4 seasons Garrison Hearst was considered a bust, he was averaging about 500 yards a season and only had one season where he averaged over 3.9 a carry. So the Cards dump him, he ends up a Niner, the next three seasons he averages over 1000 a season and never has an average per carry under 4.4. And he was not some exception, we see that story many times. So why not give a guy a little time knowing how well that's worked for others?
    I just don't think Richardson cares enough or has the work ethic to do that but I could be wrong. He is also on a bad team in the Raiders where as the Niners probably had a good line and were a very good team with a ton of weapons. I am not saying that is all that made Garrison a player but I see your point there. Time will tell.
    I never outgrew the cards, the mags, the books. I love the game and have done the study.

Chris Warren was smooth, the classic example of the guy who never looked like he was going as fast as those behind him, ha~ A glider.
    I had a history of the game book with stats for every year in the NFL in 1992, I will never forget that book and studied the legends stats on end from front to back and even wrote them down! That was so much fun for me at the time. I outgrew it on that end and I am not a fan like I was in those days. I tell you I was in love with football when I really got into it back then, love it to this day but that time I was in it beyond belief. The Mags and cards as well, damn that was fun.

I remember quite a few guys from their earlier days in the 90's, man those were fun times. The game seemed just so much more cooler to me as a teen than it does now for some reason, no clue if it was just better then overall or if it was just new to me and a love of mine. I was mainly obsessed with the Wideout position and their stats, that was my fave position and probably still is to this day (After that CB is). I remember looking up Paul Warfield, Cliff Branch, Alworth, Charlie Joyner, Stallworth, Otis Taylor and on and on stats from the 60's and 70's.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I just don't think Richardson cares enough or has the work ethic to do that but I could be wrong. He is also on a bad team in the Raiders where as the Niners probably had a good line and were a very good team with a ton of weapons. I am not saying that is all that made Garrison a player but I see your point there. Time will tell.

I had a history of the game book with stats for every year in the NFL in 1992, I will never forget that book and studied the legends stats on end from front to back and even wrote them down! That was so much fun for me at the time. I outgrew it on that end and I am not a fan like I was in those days. I tell you I was in love with football when I really got into it back then, love it to this day but that time I was in it beyond belief. The Mags and cards as well, damn that was fun.

I remember quite a few guys from their earlier days in the 90's, man those were fun times. The game seemed just so much more cooler to me as a teen than it does now for some reason, no clue if it was just better then overall or if it was just new to me and a love of mine. I was mainly obsessed with the Wideout position and their stats, that was my fave position and probably still is to this day (After that CB is). I remember looking up Paul Warfield, Cliff Branch, Alworth, Charlie Joyner, Stallworth, Otis Taylor and on and on stats from the 60's and 70's.
    I do think it does have more to do with Richardson simply not being all that into football than physical. I just saw him play at Bama and saw the talent, where that's gone..??? And we have seen a lot of backs take a few years to get rolling.

Your story is like mine, mine just started back around 1958 as a little kid. The cards, the stats, electric football-ha~~~~ I bought all the mags, never ever missed a game on tv. Then I started playing the game, loved all of it.

Being a track fan also, wide receiver is where we find the real speed (some exceptions). Cliff Branch came in fifth at the 72 Olympic trials, he just missed making the Olympic team. Paul Warfield was a 26 foot long jumper and a running back while at Ohio St. Otis Taylor was a QB at Prairie View, as you know he was one of the first big and fast receivers. Lance Alworth was also a running back at Arkansas, a 9.7 sprinter in high school. Both Joiner and Stallworth more great HBCU receivers.

Nice to see someone who shares the passion.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    looks like there's a pretty decent chance the raiders will secure a long term deal with oakland

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...html?ana=yahoo

Post Count
    looks like there's a pretty decent chance the raiders will secure a long term deal with oakland

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...html?ana=yahoo
    Ouch... my condolences to the Raiders franchise.

I do think it does have more to do with Richardson simply not being all that into football than physical. I just saw him play at Bama and saw the talent, where that's gone..??? And we have seen a lot of backs take a few years to get rolling.

Your story is like mine, mine just started back around 1958 as a little kid. The cards, the stats, electric football-ha~~~~ I bought all the mags, never ever missed a game on tv. Then I started playing the game, loved all of it.

Being a track fan also, wide receiver is where we find the real speed (some exceptions). Cliff Branch came in fifth at the 72 Olympic trials, he just missed making the Olympic team. Paul Warfield was a 26 foot long jumper and a running back while at Ohio St. Otis Taylor was a QB at Prairie View, as you know he was one of the first big and fast receivers. Lance Alworth was also a running back at Arkansas, a 9.7 sprinter in high school. Both Joiner and Stallworth more great HBCU receivers.

Nice to see someone who shares the passion.
    You know alot!!!!!! Me being a fins fan first got into Clayton when I started watching.. Dude was a very late draft pick and turned out to be a scoring machine for his small 5'9 size. He had a knack for the end zone and broke Hutsons single season TD record which stood a few years at 18 in 1984. Speed and great hands combined and a great vertical for his size.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you guys can start a new thread if you want. this is a raiders thread

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You know alot!!!!!! Me being a fins fan first got into Clayton when I started watching.. Dude was a very late draft pick and turned out to be a scoring machine for his small 5'9 size. He had a knack for the end zone and broke Hutsons single season TD record which stood a few years at 18 in 1984. Speed and great hands combined and a great vertical for his size.
    You have no idea how many you just pissed off, ha!!!!!!!!

Hutson set that record in 1942, he was amazing, you can't talk great receivers and not start with Don Hutson, he was a 9.8 guy at a time when the WR was 9.4.

Mark Clayton was tenacious and like Brooks you forgot all about his size. It did help having Mark Duper on the other side, he was the real speedster, Clayton the better hands, route runner. Marino had it made...ha~~~

Thread Information