Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Welcome Coach Del Rio! Outside of Rex Ryan, he was my preferred HC candidate from the pool available (Harbaugh/Gruden apparently weren't options).

Offseason Outlook

Free Agency

Have a ton of cap space to go out and get names... hopefully McKenzie won't blow it on a bunch of past their prime dudes again. Some ideal targets would be Randall Cobb, Rodney Hudson, Mike Iupati, Jordan Cameron/Virgil Green.... and possible sleepers like Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin, or Jake Long if they get cut. Defensively, there are some good options too. Most expect Broncos DT Terrance Pot Roast Knighton to reunite with Del Rio for a 3rd stint together. Nate Irving is another Bronco they'll be looking at. They might make some pitch for Ndamukong Suh, but the Lions look primed to make him an offer he won't refuse. That makes Fairley another target at that position, too. They'll probably also look for a DE like Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes, or Pernell McPhee.

Probable cuts include Matt Schaub, Lamarr Woodley, and Maurice Jones Drew. Antonio Smith and Justin Tuck don't exactly have secure roster spots, though I think they'll hang onto Tuck.

Just read that they cut Tyvon Branch, and I'm not a big fan of that. He was getting overpaid, but cutting him made little sense due to the lack of efficiency there. They're eating 6 mil in dead money just to save 3 mil. I really don't get it. It's not like we need to be cutting corners to get under the cap. Branch is a pretty damn good player when healthy, but he's been injury prone in recent years. Still, given the cap hit compared to the savings, I think it was a dumb move. It also opens up another hole in the starting unit. FS was already fringe with Charles Woodson coming back for perhaps his last year, and now SS has a big hole as well.

Draft

We hold the 4th pick, and for once have a pick every round in the draft. To me, the first rounder has to be one of 3 things...

a) Leonard Williams if he miraculously falls
    b) Trade back with the Eagles/Browns if the opportunity presents itself
    c) Amari Cooper

anything else would be a disappointment.

TL;DR... team needs:

WR, TE, RG, C, DE, MLB, SS

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Should've put L.A/Oakland Raiders to see how it looks...

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Lol Carr

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Donkey Kong Suh making a visit to Oakland...dude is going to break the bank.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Jones Drew retired

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He just wanted to save face instead of getting cut by his old coach

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Yeaaaaaaaah, he looked washed last year

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    After a couple of cuts/injury waive today (Nick Roach, Usama Young), the Raiders are sitting at over 67 million in cap room, and have yet to release Matt Schaub, which frees up another 5.5.

We could theoretically sign Suh, Cobb, and Hardy... and still have over 30 million to fill out the roster before the draft

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    After a couple of cuts/injury waive today (Nick Roach, Usama Young), the Raiders are sitting at over 67 million in cap room, and have yet to release Matt Schaub, which frees up another 5.5
    damn

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    With how piss poor the QB market is this offseason, McKenzie apparently is in no hurry to cut Schaub... but there's no chance in anybody even gives a conditional future 7th for him tbh

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    More like he's getting off the sinking ship now that Jack Ass Rio would be coaching him again

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    More like he's getting off the sinking ship now that Jack Ass Rio would be coaching him again
    You mean the guy that oversaw the best years of his career? moron

Post Count
    You mean the guy that oversaw the best years of his career? moron
    It says a lot that MJD would rather retire than ever play for him again, tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It says a lot that MJD would rather retire than ever play for him again, tbh
    he wasn't gna play for him. Jones-Drew was an obvious cut, and he retired to save face imo

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    He already played for the Raiders and Jags...what face was he concerned with saving?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    He already played for the Raiders and Jags...what face was he concerned with saving?
    Yikes

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    getting cut by the raiders

Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    with all this cap space i hope we can make a run at re-signing the pigeon

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    even i'm having trouble being my usual optimistic self. 70 mil in room to make some impactful moves, and all we have to show for it is Rodney Hudson (good center), Malcolm Smith (decent rotational guy who's name is only known because of one play in a superbowl), Lee Smith (a blocking tight end), and we have visits lined up with Jermaine Gresham (), Curtis Lofton (known to be a solid middle backer, but coming off a roughs eason), and Dan Williams (good nose tackle, but not as impactful as Knighton would have been). Dan Williams is also pretty redundant considering we already have a solid nose tackle in Ellis (rookie last season).

Hudson, Lofton, Williams would be decent adds, but we needed to get one big impact guy. I know that teams who "win free agency" rarely actually profit (last years Bucs, the Browns and Dolphins before them), but its still underwhelming given how much cap room we have, and that we've done nothing to help Derek Carr. Knowing them they're going to be stupid and take Kevin White over Amari Cooper and that will be that.

pushing for Demarco Murray... morons

Post Count
    Being forced to spend to the cap floor is the absolute dream scenario for a franchise that wants to rely on bringing in free agents and the Raiders have managed to that up twice in a row. Just contract the franchise, they're never going to escape from the pile

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Being forced to spend to the cap floor is the absolute dream scenario for a franchise that wants to rely on bringing in free agents and the Raiders have managed to that up twice in a row. Just contract the franchise, they're never going to escape from the pile
    disappointed with the lack of movement so far, the only really positive move we've made so far has been Rodney Hudson. Malcolm Smith is a solid pickup but nothing to get excited over. If we manage to sign both Dan Williams and Curtis Lofton it would be good. Helu is nice, but not a paradigm altering move.

But it's always disappointing to miss out on difference makers. Hardy and Harvin are still out there, but I've heard nothing about the Raiders pursuing them. That being said, teams that want to build through big free agents pickups almost unanimously fail. Was really hoping we'd pick up Iupati or Clint Boling

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    last year we signed a bunch of "starters" but they were all old/past their prime... like Woodley/Tuck/James Jones/MJD/Carlos Rogers/Schaub. looks like we've learned our lesson to a degree... signings so far and their age

Rodney Hudson - 25
    Roy Helu - 26
    Curtis Lofton - 28
    Dan Williams - 27
    Malcolm Smith - 25
    Lee Smith - 27

did the right thing and frontloaded the lofton/hudson deals with year 1 roster bonuses. have excess space this year, and gives future flexibility. after year 1, Hudson has 4/30 remaining with 7.5 guaranteed

in talks with Gresham as well... Gresham is pretty unremarkable, but it looks like the FO is sold on Rivera as the receiving TE and are trying to find more traditional blocking/big bodied TE's to complement him.

still hoping we make runs for Harvin and Hardy... both would fill huge needs and fill them effectively. other DE's to pursue would be Michael Johnson, Derrick Morgan, Brian Orakpo. would also explore dealing a mid-late pick for Mike Wallace
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-11-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Thread Information