My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    read Wilfork could get cut. revis situation is fluid. vereen likely gone

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Revis and McCourty are coming back for sure, barring something crazy. Vereen is the most expendable and replacable, so thanks for the memories but go get paid stupid money somewhere else. Not sure what to do with Wilfork.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If not for cheating they never would have won anything, hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only the Steelers rival the Pats in the AFC when it comes to iconic teams.

But, the Steelers were an NFL team, so of the original 8 AFL teams the Boston/New England Patriots have been the most successful.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    more balls to deflate next year. and the next . and the next. and the next.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

RIP Spock the Pats Fan

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    RIP Spock

I hope Wilfork takes a small cut and signs with us. It would be weird seeing him in non-Pats colors. But he deserves his payday if he wants it.

Vereen is replaceable. McCourty and Revis aren't. (Is it a surprise we got a decent secondary and won? Even if I am including that miracle pick in our "decent secondary" estimation?)

Guesses on who Belichick will draft? I will pray in vain that he doesn't draft a receiver in the early rounds. Could use a Wilfork replacement even if he resigns. I wouldn't mind O-linemen either.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Hopefully oline and dline early.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Unless there's a top talent that falls, it's gotta be interior oline in the 1st round, ideally someone who can start at RG next year. I don't trust Belichick using 1st round picks on dlinemen at all, especially after last year, and I think they'll be able to work it out with Wilfork. He might about the Patriots wanting him to take another paycut, but his salary for next year is more than any other team would pay him, so in the end he should be willing to negotiate. There should also be a few veteran dline/rush linebackers available who would take a pay cut in order to go ring chasing.

If I had to bet on it Vereen is gone, but it's far from a sure thing. I keep hearing he'll get Donald Brown money, my question is why the would a team want to do that given how badly Donald Brown's contract is working out. There's a chance the NFL figures out that he's another Kevin Faulk type who provides more value to new england than any other team.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    the situation in the secondary is the most important, we need to extend Devin and Revis, but if the sum is above 22 per year, i say revis.. i don't think he's been THAT good and he's also very old and one knee injury away from retiring. signing him to a monster extension is the textbook move that teams do after they win a sb that causes them to decline. a three year 13per + the franchise for devin (hopefully becomes a 7per when extended), would be perfect imo. After that i don't give a damn about restructuring anybody or signing anybody, sure would be nice to get a guard in free agency, but we have plenty of talented lineman and money will soon be a big issue, so i say leave vereen if he gets anything more than 3per and just stay pat. In the draft, we need pass rush.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Drafting pass rushers isn't exactly a strength of Belichick's, while almost every olineman he's drafted in the 1st or 2nd round has panned out. I'd love for him to draft a stud pass rusher, but I'm more concerned with him using a 1st round pick on someone who is actually worth the pick and fills a need.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I thought Brady was suppose to be done after that KC thrashing, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    the situation in the secondary is the most important, we need to extend Devin and Revis, but if the sum is above 22 per year, i say revis.. i don't think he's been THAT good and he's also very old and one knee injury away from retiring. signing him to a monster extension is the textbook move that teams do after they win a sb that causes them to decline. a three year 13per + the franchise for devin (hopefully becomes a 7per when extended), would be perfect imo. After that i don't give a damn about restructuring anybody or signing anybody, sure would be nice to get a guard in free agency, but we have plenty of talented lineman and money will soon be a big issue, so i say leave vereen if he gets anything more than 3per and just stay pat. In the draft, we need pass rush.
    Without Revis that entire secondary will fall apart.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Without Revis that entire secondary will fall apart.
    i've seen many believe that, but for 15-20per year as i have seen being advised around, i'd take that chance honestly. We have a logjam at corner anyway so i don't see trading young good corners paid peanuts to keep old handsomely paid ones as good business. By pass rush i don't really mean olb, i'd rather see a big fat nt that puts pressure and allows chandler jones and his buddy a little more freedom.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's not even a question that Revis is more valuable than McCourty imo.

Sherman got $14MM a year iirc as someone just entering his prime so 13 would seem like a fair number for Revis.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    how do you guys feel about signing hardy?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    how do you guys feel about signing hardy?
    Dibs

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    There's no way it happens for NE anyway unless they lose Revis & McCourty and decide to go after a pass rush to help what would be a bad secondary, which is highly unlikely.

Assuming they do keep Revis & McCourty, it's going to be interesting to see how they handle their cap situation. They won't be able to pay a kicker 3-4MM so Gost is likely gone. They clearly want to bring Connolly back so he either stays or retires. If all that happens and between Ayers, Branch, Casillas & Vereen they can keep two, successful off season imo.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i've seen many believe that, but for 15-20per year as i have seen being advised around, i'd take that chance honestly. We have a logjam at corner anyway so i don't see trading young good corners paid peanuts to keep old handsomely paid ones as good business. By pass rush i don't really mean olb, i'd rather see a big fat nt that puts pressure and allows chandler jones and his buddy a little more freedom.
    We have a lot of average young corners. Has a Super Bowl win completely erased our memories of Arrington & Ryan getting curbstomped any time they have to step into a starting role? Butler is an unknown, he has potential, but one huge play doesn't mean he can step in and replace Revis. I also have alot of doubts as to whether Browner can be nearly as effective without an elite corner opposite him. Signing Revis is the biggest key this offseason. Nobody else even comes close.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    We have a lot of average young corners. Has a Super Bowl win completely erased our memories of Arrington & Ryan getting curbstomped any time they have to step into a starting role? Butler is an unknown, he has potential, but one huge play doesn't mean he can step in and replace Revis. I also have alot of doubts as to whether Browner can be nearly as effective without an elite corner opposite him. Signing Revis is the biggest key this offseason. Nobody else even comes close.
    I was gonna say, we have the same logjam of young prospects who might develop into solid #2 corners, at best, that we had the last 5 years ( Ras-IR (get it!) Dowling, Wheatley, Butler, etc.), and they always looked like without a stud corner. Not even a question imo that Browner would fall in that category as you said. Revis never needing safety help allows Browner to always get safety help so he can play aggressive and not worry about getting beat. He'd get shredded if he was put in the role of stud corner who can cover without any help. Chung would also start playing like again if he had to go back to worrying about coverage.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    WE WILL REPEAT

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    it looks likely now that both of revis and mccourty sign elsewhere. Gostkowski got tagged, but is sure to get a long term deal, mccourty is pretty much a goner unless he takes less money, whic is possible. Revis i have no idea what do they intend to do, i guess he'll have big offers from the trash of the league, i wonder if he is interested.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Patriots need to rework Mayo, Gostkowski and Wilfork deals asap

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Wilfork got cut. saves more than 8M against the cap, it had to happen. I wonder if he'd sign for 2M now.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Wilfork is in great shape to play baseball though

Thread Information