My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All these quality individuals leaving and Kaepernick still around

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Beginning of the end for football dying sport
    lol years and years of research on helmet technology and players still getting concussed every ing week
    lol new rules to protect players and still getting concussed every ing week
    really good point and something i've talked about with my brother, since he's real hardcore about the NFL. honestly i can't blame some of these guys. i got a couple concussions to the top of my head after college, both from random accidents, and it changed me. People will tell me what I was like then and it's not pretty. your brain can only take so much inflammation til something fundamental in you gets fried.
    That's why I think the NFL doesn't give a about the patriot's latest cheating, i imagine they are really worried about the talent leaving their game because of safety concerns, which I think are legit.

that being said, I hope Borland is retiring because of that and not because of the FO being ed up.
    Bouldin seems to think highly of the organization. Either way, it will be hard to top this epic offseason.

If the NFL ever goes s up, I really wish the MLS team there could become the 49ers. soccer is my third favorite sport anyways. anything is better than the ing Quakes.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    really good point and something i've talked about with my brother, since he's real hardcore about the NFL. honestly i can't blame some of these guys. i got a couple concussions to the top of my head after college, both from random accidents, and it changed me. People will tell me what I was like then and it's not pretty. your brain can only take so much inflammation til something fundamental in you gets fried.
    That's why I think the NFL doesn't give a about the patriot's latest cheating, i imagine they are really worried about the talent leaving their game because of safety concerns, which I think are legit.

that being said, I hope Borland is retiring because of that and not because of the FO being ed up.
    Bouldin seems to think highly of the organization. Either way, it will be hard to top this epic offseason.

If the NFL ever goes s up, I really wish the MLS team there could become the 49ers. soccer is my third favorite sport anyways. anything is better than the ing Quakes.
    Soccer is getting big bro, the 18-28 age range is causing it to grow rapidly

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Supposedly he stated he knew this after training camp last year

Gullible suckers that thought Kaepernick was going to transform into Roger Staubach and lead us back to the Super Bowl are angry Borland waited til a week into FA to announce.

I'm just second guessing the Torrey Smith signing

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Soccer is getting big bro, the 18-28 age range is causing it to grow rapidly
    yep, my bro and I are also excited about it. He plays more now than me but both played some growing up and want to see the sport take advantage of the talent here. He's psychotic about the Cowboys but wonders if things are declining for the NFL. We'll see but this Borland retirement, right after Willis, doesn't look good.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There are just too many big/fast black athletes who could never compete with those little guys in soccer. We'll always have football and plenty of it. What's a 280 pounder going to do on a soccer field?

Keep in mind for every NFL player we see there are thousands that didn't make it.

I live in Porterville Cali, of the three HS's here, two have been playing football for over 100 years, there has been.,...one...make the NFL, that was Bear Pasco. at my HS n Visalia, that's also been playing football for over 100 years....three.....Don Mosebar, Michael Young. Lupe Sanchez (same team!)

There will never be a shortage of football players.

There are how many colleges that play football? From Coe and Furman to Alabama and FSU.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There are just too many big/fast black athletes who could never compete with those little guys in soccer. We'll always have football and plenty of it. What's a 280 pounder going to do on a soccer field?

Keep in mind for every NFL player we see there are thousands that didn't make it.

I live in Porterville Cali, of the three HS's here, two have been playing football for over 100 years, there has been.,...one...make the NFL, that was Bear Pasco. at my HS n Visalia, that's also been playing football for over 100 years....three.....Don Mosebar, Michael Young. Lupe Sanchez (same team!)

There will never be a shortage of football players.

There are how many colleges that play football? From Coe and Furman to Alabama and FSU.
    I know alot of guys on NFL rosters. Fairly easy sport to make compared to NBA, Soccer or MLB

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    need to change our slogan to "Come to the 49ers, we'll make you retire"

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I know alot of guys on NFL rosters. Fairly easy sport to make compared to NBA, Soccer or MLB
    Sometimes I really have to just shake my head.

You have any idea at all how many footballers can't make an NFL team? You have any idea at all what % of HS players won;t even play college ball?

Why totally ignore what I just said? I've lived in this valley all my life, less than 1% of 1% of those who played football around here made an NFL roster, ok?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sometimes I really have to just shake my head.

You have any idea at all how many footballers can't make an NFL team? You have any idea at all what % of HS players won;t even play college ball?

Why totally ignore what I just said? I've lived in this valley all my life, less than 1% of 1% of those who played football around here made an NFL roster, ok?
    How many Non-Americans play in the NFL?

Tiny talent pool compared to the other sports. More Americans play Baseball and play some sort of Basketball in their life. American Football is poverty sport.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    you dont see big nig blacks in soccer that are too succesful because it requires a lot more finesse and skill than being a straight up athlete. Just look at how the african teams do in every world cup. They get hyped up and fail to deliver.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    IMO this puts to bed who we draft in the 1st Round. Now we have enough glaring holes to require trading down

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you dont see big nig blacks in soccer that are too succesful because it requires a lot more finesse and skill than being a straight up athlete. Just look at how the african teams do in every world cup. They get hyped up and fail to deliver.
    There is simply a-lot of ignorance within the American Football fan base. I've worked out all my life. Lifting weights is easy. Cardio is a difficult pain in the ass. A-lot of NFL players would not be able to sustain the physical requirements to play Soccer, it is far easier to pump Soccer players up on supplements and HGH.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many Non-Americans play in the NFL?

Tiny talent pool compared to the other sports. More Americans play Baseball and play some sort of Basketball in their life. American Football is poverty sport.
    I'll go slow...

Football teams have anywhere from 55 players to a 100 on them, now think just for a second, you can do this.,

You really don't appear to understand guy, honest! There are over a 10,000 football teams in the USA, all those teams have at least 50 players, now think guy.

Dude....

NFL
    NAIA
    DI
    DII
    DIII
    All those JC's
    All those high schools

We'll shine the Arena league.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-17-2015 at 02:52 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    soccer is huge with kids, but everyone stops in high school, because thats when basketball and football become the only important sports

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There is simply a-lot of ignorance within the American Football fan base. I've worked out all my life. Lifting weights is easy. Cardio is a difficult pain in the ass. A-lot of NFL players would not be able to sustain the physical requirements to play Soccer, it is far easier to pump Soccer players up on supplements and HGH.
    Yes those big lineman could forget it.

But when it comes to receivers, backs and defensive backs they are far FAR superior athletes to any soccer players. Most those guys ran track and did play some basketball. Great all around athletes and bigger, stronger and faster than soccer players.

Save telling me about some fast soccer player, the NFL has had no less than a dozen OLYMPIC sprinters play in the league, ok? World record holders!

The Oakland Raiders have had more speed than all of Asia/Middle East and white Europe...COMBINED!

There are no soccer players anywhere close to this...

That size/speed combo only found in football.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-17-2015 at 03:02 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    To be honest, I think the Eagles are going to be more ed than the Niners.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yes those big lineman could forget it.

But when it comes to receivers, backs and defensive backs they are far FAR superior athletes to any soccer players. Most those guys ran track and did play some basketball. Great all around athletes and bigger, stronger and faster than soccer players.

Save telling me about some fast soccer player, the NFL has had no less than a dozen OLYMPIC sprinters play in the league, ok? World record holders!

The Oakland Raiders have had more speed than all of Asia/Middle East and white Europe...COMBINED!

There are no soccer players anywhere close to this...
    "Bigger and stronger" = supplements and HGH. I already covered that in my original post. Put a soccer player on 6 month drug induced workouts and they will be no different

Lateral speed is the difference with those positions. It's still one thing to run fast in one direction for 5-20 seconds versus running sideways and backwards for 90 minutes.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    soccer is huge with kids, but everyone stops in high school, because thats when basketball and football become the only important sports
    In my experience, football was the sport the guys who got cut from the Baseball & Basketball teams played. Notice the football team doesn't have tryouts/cuts.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    In my experience, football was the sport the guys who got cut from the Baseball & Basketball teams played. Notice the football team doesn't have tryouts/cuts.
    football rosters are huge. basketball is like 15-17 in high school iirc

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "Bigger and stronger" = supplements and HGH. I already covered that in my original post. Put a soccer player on 6 month drug induced workouts and they will be no different

Lateral speed is the difference with those positions. It's still one thing to run fast in one direction for 5-20 seconds versus running sideways and backwards for 90 minutes.
    So you are telling me in six months a soccer player is going to be no different than...

Bo Jackson
    Herschel Walker
    Marcus Dupree
    Eric erson
    O.J.Simpson
    Curtis ey

all over 215 pounds with amazing speed, right?

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you really don't get any of this at all, trust me!

Randy Moss was 6-4 with blazing speed, so all a soccer player has to do is..... hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little man, you ever heard of Earl Campbell? How about Jim Brown, Cookie Gilchrist, Christian Okoye?

So in just six months a soccer player could be doing this, right?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's as if you're from outer space guy. It's nothing like that at all.

Dude..

According to MaxPreps.com there are 16,047 high school football teams in America. About 750 in CA

Read more http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-many-h...#ixzz3Ud4bHBmr

So we have about 750 HS football teams in Cali. I can think of about 100 colleges. And that's just Cali.

Last edited by Avante; 03-17-2015 at 03:25 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So you are telling me in six months a soccer player is going to be no different than...

Bo Jackson
    Herschel Walker
    Marcus Dupree
    Eric erson
    O.J.Simpson
    Curtis ey

all over 215 pounds with amazing speed, right?

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you really don't get any of this at all, trust me!

Randy Moss was 6-4 with blazing speed, so all a soccer player has to do is..... hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little man, you ever heard of Earl Campbell? How about Jim Brown, Cookie Gilchrist, Christian Okoye?

So in just six months a soccer player could be doing this, right?

There are over 200 Million soccer players on the globe. Would be fairly easy.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's as if you're from outer space guy. It's nothing like that at all.

Dude..

According to MaxPreps.com there are 16,047 high school football teams in America. About 750 in CA

Read more http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-many-h...#ixzz3Ud4bHBmr

So we have about 750 HS football teams in Cali. I can think of about 100 colleges. And that's just Cali.

Neat

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There are over 200 Million soccer players on the globe. Would not be very difficult.
    There are how many Chinese guy? And not one of them ever ran as fast as Jacoby Ford with the Raiders.

I'll try again, pay attention, ok? OLYMPIC SPRINTERS PLAY IN THE NFL....ok?

I don't care if there are 10 billion soccer players on the planet, there was only one Earl Campbell.

Guy, you are so far out there it's comical.

There could be a trillion pygmies they aren't playing in the NBA, ok?

Thread Information