Veteran
    Post Count
    wanted to bump the old thread but couldnt find it, so:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Figueroa.html

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    should be a 3 week ban... or until the player can return to the field.

My Team
    Portland Timbers
    Post Count
    What does this have to do with suarez?

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    What does this have to do with suarez?
    I think the OP is trying point out the inconsistency in FA rulings... to which I would counter that someone with "priors" doesn't deserve 'wrist-slapping' treatment...

Veteran
    Post Count
    I think the OP is trying point out the inconsistency in FA rulings... to which I would counter that someone with "priors" doesn't deserve 'wrist-slapping' treatment...
    how many players has suarez injured? what games did his teams win because of his shenanigans? this guy didnt get a single game, not even a warning or "prior" on his record. absolutely nothing. the reason supposedly being that the ref didnt consider it a foul during the game and recorded it that way during the game; how is that different than suarez in the WC? or is video review only applicable for repeat offenders? why didnt pepe and his considerable priors get suspended for stomping messi's hand a few years back (no call in game, no punishment afterwards). or de jong (fractured multiple players, kick to the chest in the middle of the WC final no red no suspension). or van bommel, materazzi, etc etc etc. the suarez ban was a witchhunt.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    how many players has suarez injured? what games did his teams win because of his shenanigans? this guy didnt get a single game, not even a warning or "prior" on his record. absolutely nothing. the reason supposedly being that the ref didnt consider it a foul during the game and recorded it that way during the game; how is that different than suarez in the WC? or is video review only applicable for repeat offenders? why didnt pepe and his considerable priors get suspended for stomping messi's hand a few years back (no call in game, no punishment afterwards). or de jong (fractured multiple players, kick to the chest in the middle of the WC final no red no suspension). or van bommel, materazzi, etc etc etc. the suarez ban was a witchhunt.
    All those other players you mention deserved sanctions, fines and suspensions as well... Shame on the governing bodies of those respective leagues to not have pursued such measures... that said, the observation doesn't negate my previous point...

Biting players not once, not twice, but THREE times (and lying about it on the pitch - every single instance) deserves disciplinary measures... [even if Suarez's other 'shenanigans' were not a part of the picture/equation...] Why is that so difficult to understand? Suarez is a high profile player for both good and bad things - he's brought that upon himself... He then can't turn around and cry "witchhunt" whenever he's the one instigating these scandals during games.

Again, let it sink in (like Suarez's teeth)...

Biting people is not normal behavior...
    Biting players is not professional behavior...
    Biting players is not a common/frequent in-game occurrence...
    Biting players and then lying about it is weaselish behavior...

Those actions deserved every bit of the sanctions they incurred.

Why do you all insist on justifying Luis Suarez's childish behavior? <-- That type of response (much like the hero's welcome he recieved by Uruguay's president during Brazil 2014, instead of being held accountable) is what prevents Suarez from maturing as a player...
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 03-17-2015 at 01:04 PM.

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    diego

Good day to bump the Suarez thread but I don't know what happens to this forum that doesn't retain all the threads we open on it vs. the other ones

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    People still stying to justify biting people on 3 separate occaisions

Thread Information