Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    - Josh Norman, Ryan Kalil cleared for opener

- Star Loutelelei is out for week one recovering from his surgery last year. Should be good for week 2.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    It's the Jaguars, Cam about to roll these scrubs

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    It's the Jaguars, Cam about to roll these scrubs
    Hope so. The offensive line looks better. But all the experts seem to think Cam is going to struggle today.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    No Kevlin
    No Star
    No Luke

No Problem

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    No Kevlin
    No Star
    No Luke

No Problem
    Good lord, maybe truly is the real deal! I mean, everyone knows those Jaguars are a powerhouse.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Thoughts after week 1 20-9 victory @ Jacksonville:

- The defense REALLY impressed me. Yes, it was Jacksonville, and yes it was an easy win, but for this team to step up when Kuechly got injured, I have to give them props. I thought we were done for when that happened, but Thomas Davis really stepped up as a leader, as did back-up (former starter) AJ Klein

- Josh Norman is a beast and a shutdown corner. He showed flashes last year shutting down Julio Jones x2 and Calvin Johnson, but that pick six was CLUTCH. I hope we can sign him this offseason. He is taking over for Steve Smith as the hot head. Love his fire.

- The receivers HAVE to stop dropping the ball. They weren't TOO bad yesterday, but Ted Ginn dropped a wide open TD pass that would have made this game over quick. Norwood and Funchess need to get in game shape, without them we will have trouble moving the ball.

- Cam moved the ball with ease and threw to 11 difference receivers. JJ Watt is going to destroy our line next week, but I think we can take this game.

- Can't wait for Star to return to the line hopefully next week.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    That OPI on Olsen was complete bull , tbh. Between that and the other drops, the score doesn't reflect how badly Cam smoked them

Thoughts after week 1 20-9 victory @ Jacksonville:

- The defense REALLY impressed me. Yes, it was Jacksonville, and yes it was an easy win, but for this team to step up when Kuechly got injured, I have to give them props. I thought we were done for when that happened, but Thomas Davis really stepped up as a leader, as did back-up (former starter) AJ Klein

- Josh Norman is a beast and a shutdown corner. He showed flashes last year shutting down Julio Jones x2 and Calvin Johnson, but that pick six was CLUTCH. I hope we can sign him this offseason. He is taking over for Steve Smith as the hot head. Love his fire.

- The receivers HAVE to stop dropping the ball. They weren't TOO bad yesterday, but Ted Ginn dropped a wide open TD pass that would have made this game over quick. Norwood and Funchess need to get in game shape, without them we will have trouble moving the ball.

- Cam moved the ball with ease and threw to 11 difference receivers. JJ Watt is going to destroy our line next week, but I think we can take this game.

- Can't wait for Star to return to the line hopefully next week.
    good job by and det D tbh

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Gonna roll the Houston gots today

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    We will see. It will be huge to be 2-0 going against New Orleans next week. But I can't help but be scared in the back of my mind of the thought of Mallett going off and the D missing Kuechly big time.

The keys are clear. Our D needs to be great, and our receivers have to catch the ball. JJ is going to kill Remmers, so Jonathan Stewart needs to establish his game too.

I'm going Carolina 20, Houston 14

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Mallett ing blows. There's a reason he wasn't good enough to displace Hoyer to start the season. Without Foster we don't even need Star and Luke, and our corners will take away their passing options. Next week we're up 2-0 and add healthy, rested Star and Luke back into the lineup and destroy the Aints

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Mallett ing blows. There's a reason he wasn't good enough to displace Hoyer to start the season. Without Foster we don't even need Star and Luke, and our corners will take away their passing options. Next week we're up 2-0 and add healthy, rested Star and Luke back into the lineup and destroy the Aints
    The Hoyer signing was terrible, but Mallett has shown promise in the time he's had. AJ Klein has to step up like he did last week for Luke. Key match will be DeAndre Hopkins vs. Josh Norman

That Newton TD run was pretty , tbh..

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    That Newton TD run was pretty , tbh..

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

2-0 missing our best linebacker and linesman.

Panthers were my 2nd biggest bet of the day, was pretty confident they would win, but damn, they're a hard team to watch, tbh..no skill at WR and such vanilla scheming..

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    N0 LyF3 ScRuB

Another stud showing from Norman... safe to say he's approaching shut down corner status. If he can do it to Julio again, I'm thinking NFCS crown already.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...l-predictions/

Nate Silver projects us between 10-11 wins, with three quarters chance of making the playoffs and 55% to win the division again.

I have to say, looking at our remaining schedule, I think the absolute floor is about 8-8, with a ceiling of 12-4, perhaps 13-3. I'm not seeing many losses, especially with Philly looking dysfunctional and our thanksgiving game with Dallas looking much easier now. Rivera has a pretty ungodly record in december games, so if we can start 4-0 for the first time under him, i'm thinking two seed.

This is finally the year where our defense surpasses that of Seattle. If only we had a healthy KB, I dare say we'd be looking at a one seed...

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Panthers were my 2nd biggest bet of the day, was pretty confident they would win, but damn, they're a hard team to watch, tbh..no skill at WR and such vanilla scheming..
    Their offensive coordinator is complete garbage, but cut them some slack. Benjamin was looking elite during the preseason and training camp. They have to deal with a huge loss, and they won both games missing Star Loutelelei and Luke Kuechly. These boys could be legit.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB

Another stud showing from Norman... safe to say he's approaching shut down corner status. If he can do it to Julio again, I'm thinking NFCS crown already.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...l-predictions/

Nate Silver projects us between 10-11 wins, with three quarters chance of making the playoffs and 55% to win the division again.

I have to say, looking at our remaining schedule, I think the absolute floor is about 8-8, with a ceiling of 12-4, perhaps 13-3. I'm not seeing many losses, especially with Philly looking dysfunctional and our thanksgiving game with Dallas looking much easier now. Rivera has a pretty ungodly record in december games, so if we can start 4-0 for the first time under him, i'm thinking two seed.

This is finally the year where our defense surpasses that of Seattle. If only we had a healthy KB, I dare say we'd be looking at a one seed...
    Cam and the receivers have to get on the same page. There was a couple plays against Houston where it would have been a turnover playing a half-decent team. Ginn is really hot and cold, and Funchess is still really green. Stewart has been good though, and that's the key to a successful season.

If we beat New Orleans this weekend, and end up beating Tampa, then I'd be more than happy with a 2-2 split against the meat of our schedule (Hawks, Packers, Eagles, Cowboys). Can't help but think we suffer a disappointment in one of the next two games. But you're right, it's looking good considering the Romo injury and the turmoil in Philly. I also think we beat Indy straight up.

One thing to look out for though is Atlanta. They are clicking too, and I think we will split with them in the regular season. I think it's still any team's race - but I think it's going to come down to those two games in the final three weeks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i'm about to drop funchess from my fantasy team and it was good to finally see greg olsen getting some targets. they need to get him the ball as much as possible and establish a run game with stewart/tolbert. cam is going to get hurt running so much.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i'm about to drop funchess from my fantasy team and it was good to finally see greg olsen getting some targets. they need to get him the ball as much as possible and establish a run game with stewart/tolbert. cam is going to get hurt running so much.
    Funchess will get his targets when he becomes a starter. That should be in the next 2-3 weeks. Our receivers need to catch. As good as Ginn is for Carolina, he has cost us a lot with his terrible drops.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    next two games against New Orleans and Tampa... nice schedule to open the season for Carolina

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    next two games against New Orleans and Tampa... nice schedule to open the season for Carolina

Should be two ass rapings, tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Brees is mostly likely out for a few games with a sprained shoulder he suffered in the first quarter against Tampa.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Very confident with our team. I think we can take Tampa and go 4-0 in the bye. Then we have our tough stretch (Seattle, Philly, GB, Indy). The good news is three of those games are at home. I think if we split at worst, we are in prime time to take the division. It will all come down to Week 15 and 17 against ATL IMO.

Season is far from over though

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    We need Luke back real bad... only way we're getting some more QB pressure is with him augmenting our blitzing schemes.

Thread Information