Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    We had ing Brentin Bersin having plays run for him in the playoffs. Cam can only carry the team so much.

KB + Funchess + Olsen is just scary. As long as the o-line holds, unlike the first half of the season last year, we're threepeating this division.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What the are you talking about? The Panthers have been trending up ever since Cam put on a uniform. Two years ago the division was on par with the West. That's just as relevant as saying the South is because of last year.

anddo not compare the garbage 9ers to Carolina.. Carolina has a young foundation and is trending up.
    How many Superbowl have the Panthers won, oh yeah...0. How about my Niners?

Who have won more games the last four season? Niners 49, Panthers 33.

Do you ever deal with real life at all?

Have people forgotten that only a year ago there were 2 NFC South teams to make the playoffs? It was an off year for the NFC South last year, doesn't make them the worst now. People were saying the same thing about the NFC (L)east (remember that?) just 2 years ago. The point is, the NFL is cyclical. There are ups and downs for every team, and sometimes teams hit the downs in the same year and in the same division.

As for the Panthers, I could easily see them winning 10+ games this year. Easy schedule, Cam is finally healthy, added weapons on offense and defense (while keeping everybody else), no more drama involving Hardy, defense still elite, etc. Also, last time I checked, the Saints and Falcons still have a defense. With that said, y'all mofos ain't winning the superbowl lol

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Thoughts after the first preseason game @ Buffalo:

- It took Cam a couple series to warm up, but he looked very sharp on the TD drive. I love they were using no-huddle offenses, as Cam seems to play better in those situations.
    - Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess both impressed. Benjamin looks to have made strides in his fundamentals and route-running. He also showed that he's willing to use his body to catch passes. Funchess caught some very impressive passes on the sideline, and it looks like he will be the #2 receiver before long.
    - Ted Ginn Jr. will be a difference-maker. He hasn't shown much promise on any other team other than Carolina. His amazing speed, plus Cam's huge arm is a recipe for many TD's on verticals. His 38 yard catch early in the game showes glimpses of 2013. He is also huge for our ST, something we clearly lacked in the game @ Seattle.
    - The O-line allowed 0 sacks against a good D. Granted, it was only a couple series, but Oher didn't look bad against Mario Williams, and Buffalos' DE's who had over 20 sacks last year.
    - The D looked great. Charles Tillman will be a difference maker. IF he stays healthy, I think he was just what we needed: a good vet and good tackler. He mashes well with Roman Harper and Josh Norman
    - Derek Anderson will be a starter next year. He is not Cam Newton, but he is definitely a great back-up, evidenced from the two games against Tampa. He is a free agent next year, and team's like Buffalo are sure to want him.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    - It took Cam a couple series to warm up
    How many series did he play?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The funchess sideline catch was nice. I just think he's redundant with Benjamin. I still like k-ben and he's gna get better. Was pretty raw coming out last year so experience will do him good.

Cam still is what he is. The best athlete at the position, big arm, big frame, but very inconsistent accuracy/decisions. He's good enough to be a starter in this league but he hasn't improved much of at all since years 1-2. He's never gna be top tier, but that's fine. You don't need a top 5 qb to be a good team. Panthers need to get their ground game going again like they had in years past

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All that matters at this stage of the game is the rookies and injuries, forget all that silliness about what vet looked like what, that means...0...right now.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Thoughts of Week 2's preseason game against Miami:

- The offense is struggling. Despite Cam's best efforts, we simply did not have a wide receiver step up when they needed to. It is worth noting Funchess was out with a hamstring injury. Still, Cotchrey, Philly Brown, or even Boykin are going to have to step up if Carolina doesn't make moves.
    - With that being said, this team's chances are not done winning the division yet. That seems especially true with LT Michael Oher playing some great football. Furthermore, Toddman and particularly rookie Artis-Payne are making lots of noise behind Jonathan Stewart at RB. Add that into the mix with Mike Tolbert, and Cam Newton, and it's clear what Carolina needs to do to be successful this year.
    - The defense played sloppy last night. Too many penalties and give-ups. To be fair, both starting DT's are out, and our starting DE Frank Alexander torn his achilles and is out for the year. I expect our D to be fine once STart and Kawann Short return.
    - Our secondary has improved IMO. Charles Tillman is a great tackler/mentor, and putting Coleman at SS really helps out Roman to stay back at FS. Roman isn't worth too much nowadays, but he has sure hands and doesn't miss many tackles.

Week 3 preseason game is super important for Devin Funchess, and the Carolina offense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    philly brown as the number one receiver?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Week 3 thoughts vs. Patriots

- Cam Newton is finding his stride. His passes were on the money last night. The problem, lays within the receivers. Corey "Philly" Brown dropped 4 passes, two wide-open vertical touchdowns. Cam finished 17-28, and I'm not too worried about the drops. Funchess didn't play his second straight game with a hamstring injury, mostly precautionary. He will be big to the passing game success. Cotchrey, Ginn Jr., and Brown can probably hold down 2-4 if Funchess can be a #1 or even #2 with Greg Olsen around.
    - Cam Artis-Payne is a legit running back, and this is good news considering Jonathan Stewart's injury history. I feel very good with him being in the game. A young gun out of Auburn, many thought he was a steal in the draft. I agree.
    - The offensive line was a little stiff last game, but this unit feels much more collected than a year ago, and Michael Oher has been really good for us.
    - Our defense was very impressive, and that's with literally our whole starting D-Line out. I expect big things from this D this year.
    - Shaq Thompson is the cherry on top for this LB unit. The dude looks great.
    - Our two pick-ups at DB picked up INT's on Brady Friday. Kurt Coleman from Jacksonville really impresses me with his hawk vision, and Charles "Peanut" Tillman stripped one for a nice INT. I love these pick-ups.

I'll update this thread with the cuts today.

Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 08-30-2015 at 12:39 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    philly brown as the number one receiver?

He played awful Friday. But he has had to step into big time games with little experience. He is still raw, but he's quick and can get open. He's just got to put it all together. We are trying to develop him. He should still be nothing more than a #4 at this stage.

He's not going to end up being the #1 receiver. It looks like Carolina is going to put their money into Devin Funchess. But don't forget, we have one of the best TE's in the game in Greg Olsen. We'll be alright.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He played awful Friday. But he has had to step into big time games with little experience. He is still raw, but he's quick and can get open. He's just got to put it all together. We are trying to develop him. He should still be nothing more than a #4 at this stage.

He's not going to end up being the #1 receiver. It looks like Carolina is going to put their money into Devin Funchess. But don't forget, we have one of the best TE's in the game in Greg Olsen. We'll be alright.
    yup its going to be olsen and funchess as the go to receivers. brown and ginn will have to step up, though. how do you feel about stewart?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Carolina Panthers trade an unconditional 2017 pick to Seattle for WR Kevin Norwood.

Any analysis on him Seahawk fans? The Gemini Method Spur-Addict

yup its going to be olsen and funchess as the go to receivers. brown and ginn will have to step up, though. how do you feel about stewart?
    If Stewart can play like he did at the end of the year, I will be happy. He's not in his prime anymore, and he's been injury-proned for some years now, so that's obvious concern. But he's a beast still, and if he can stay healthy we will be fine. If not, I'm confident with Artis-Payne, our rookie out of Auburn. We also have Newton and Tolbert. Stewart is what will make or break us from being a good team to a mediocre team.
    Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 08-31-2015 at 05:05 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Updated Depth Chart:
    QB: Cam Newton, Derek Anderson, Joe Webb
    RB: Jonathan Stewart, Cam Artis-Payne, Fozzy Whitaker, Jordan Toddman
    FB: Mike Tolbert, Richie Brockel
    WR1: Devin Funchess, Jerricho Cotchrey, Brenton Bersin
    WR2: Ted Ginn Jr., Corey "Philly" Brown, Jarrett Boykin, Kevin Norwood
    TE: Greg Olsen, Ed son, Brandon Williams
    LT: Michael Oher, Nate Chandler
    LG: Andrew Norwell, Amini Silatolu
    C: Ryan Kalil
    RG: Trai Turner,
    RT: Daryl Williams, Mike Rimmers

LE: Kony Ealy, Mario Addison
    RE: Charles Johnson, Wes Horton
    DT: Star Loutelelei, Colin Cole
    DT: Kawan Short, Dwan Edwards, Kyle Love
    WLB: Shaq Thompson, AJ Klein
    MLB: Luke Keuchly
    SLB: Thomas Davis, David Mayo
    CB1: Josh Norman, Bene Benewikere
    CB2: Charles "Peanut" Tillman, Teddy Williams, Melvin White
    SS: Kurt Coleman, Robert Lester
    FS: Roman Harper, Tre Boston

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    From what I've seen of Norwood, he has solid hands, more of a possession guy who lacks any definable trait that stands out. No top end speed, no elite size, he just is a solid guy that knows where to be and how to play. Almost like a TE in a WR's body. He just knows how to play. I was enthusiastic about him at one point but an injury derailed his progress and others passed him on the depth chart (Matthews/Ty Lock) so he was on the outs pretty much after the previous draft. I am of the opinion that you always need a guy like that in your WR stable. With the return of Coleman (who will likely make the roster) and Ricardo Lockette (Who are both tremendous Special Teams players) his need has diminished. Not to mention Kevin Smith has had an excellent camp.

He may be worth a late round gamble. Hope he has success.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Carolina Panthers trade an unconditional 2017 pick to Seattle for WR Kevin Norwood.

Any analysis on him Seahawk fans? The Gemini Method Spur-Addict.?

We never really got to see his full potential. I liked the pick but Seattle isn't exactly the most nourishing environment for WRs. I think if he can stay healthy you have a pretty decent young 3. If he can build a rapport with Cam he'll be a good addition behind Funchess and Benjamin when he gets back.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Thoughts after the Week 4 game @ Pitt

- Many starters didn't play, but it was good seeing DeAngelo again.
    - "Philly" Brown caught the only pass to him last night, but did little to reassure us that he can rebound from his bad preseason. He should make it, though, as Carolina continues to try to develop him.
    - Funchess shows a lot of raw talent, like Benjamin last year. Having Greg Olsen takes pressure off him, but I think the addition of Norwood really takes a lot of pressure off Funchess.
    - Norwood is really high for the Carolina coaches. He impressed early in his Seattle tout, and he impressed in his private workouts with Carolina last year in the draft. He's an Alabama receiver with sure hands, and his size also helps create mismatches against most corners - something Carolina was trying to do with KB-Funchess. Norwood looked pretty solid last night. I think he will slide into the #2 receiver spot by week 3 vs. NO

how you like ealy?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    how you like ealy?
    Last year was a transition year for him as a rookie. He had to step up with the Hardy situation, but started showing a lot of promise towards the end of the year. This year with Greg Hardy leaving for good, we need him to step up. At first he lost the position, but then Alexander tore his achilles and ever since then Ealy has been doing pretty well. He's going to be starting on the right side, so we will see how it goes.

You a Missou fan? I think that's where he went

horns fan. agree ealy could fill that hole on the line.

hakeem nicks to panthers?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    FOX Sports released their first round playoff predictions last night, saying Carolina would beat Seattle in the first round.

Ron Rivera named Ted Ginn Jr. and Philly Brown the starters for the first game against Jacksonville. That's what life without Kelvin Benjamin looks like. Still, Olsen will be a primary target, and Funchess will see a lot of action. Ginn has been very impressive back with Carolina.

hakeem nicks to panthers?
    Maybe a couple years ago, but Nicks looks done. I know we had interest in him, but I don't think so anymore.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    FOX Sports released their first round playoff predictions last night, saying Carolina would beat Seattle in the first round.

Ron Rivera named Ted Ginn Jr. and Philly Brown the starters for the first game against Jacksonville. That's what life without Kelvin Benjamin looks like. Still, Olsen will be a primary target, and Funchess will see a lot of action. Ginn has been very impressive back with Carolina.

Maybe a couple years ago, but Nicks looks done. I know we had interest in him, but I don't think so anymore.
    Romo 2

The New Orleans Saints continue to feel around for receiving help. The team on Tuesday hosted free-agent pass-catcher Hakeem Nicks for a workout, according to Nick Underhill of The New Orleans Advocate. Nicks was released by the ans on Saturday, leaving the 27-year-old looking for work after six seasons in the NFL with the Giants and Colts.

Thread Information