Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Then I guess I'll go with this one....

In his first three seasons Newton was 42-42 td/INT ratio, RW was 72-26. When it comes to career passing rating...

Newton 85.6
    RW 98.6

Want more leg humper?
    That TD/iNT ratio is false.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That TD/iNT ratio is false.
    My bad...64-42.

Bottom line...less TD's (despite having a great receiver) and more INTS.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    not really a fan of the funchness pick... he's just a worse kelvin benjamin

though u could argue you just need big receivers with a wide catch radius to make up for cam's accuracy

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    not really a fan of the funchness pick... he's just a worse kelvin benjamin

though u could argue you just need big receivers with a wide catch radius to make up for cam's accuracy
    He's apparently pretty quick (had a poor combine and ran a 4.4 on pro day) and can cause mismatches in the slot. I like the pick after some evaluation.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    He's apparently pretty quick (had a poor combine and ran a 4.4 on pro day) and can cause mismatches in the slot. I like the pick after some evaluation.
    You like every pick after some of your Professional evaluation.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    You like every pick after some of your Professional evaluation.
    Let's just say the pick doesn't make us worse.... our #2 last year was Jerricho Cotchrey. Good receiver.. not a #2.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Let's just say the pick doesn't make us worse.... our #2 last year was Jerricho Cotchrey. Great receiver.. not a #2.
    Does give you height. Though he is too much like Benjamin. I think that will cause issues at least in the first year until Funchess figures out the game. You guys needed D help and OL help. But then again who in the league besides the Cowboys can say they have an OL.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Does give you height. Though he is too much like Benjamin. I think that will cause issues at least in the first year until Funchess figures out the game. You guys needed D help and OL help. But then again who in the league besides the Cowboys can say they have an OL.
    I look forward to having Cam be completely healthy this year, and if Funchess has the speed people says he does, he will help us tremendously. Our WR core went from being very shallow to actually pretty decent. Funchess is looked as being our #1 after next year. We have a few speed guys like Ted Ginn that is familiar with our system and Philly Brown who has potential. I don't know too much about Jared Boykin, other than he played very well in GB two years ago. So we'll see.

I'm concerned about Oher getting the nod at LT... pretty sketchy if you ask me.. but if he's ANY better than Byron Bell (not hard IMO) we will be okay. I also really like the signing of Charles Tillman. I know he's dealt with injuries, but it seems like Bears fans were sad to see him go, telling Panthers fan he was still pretty productive when he played. I don't see much of a weakness anymore on our D other than Roman Harper. We will see. Our record last year didn't really indicate this team's potential IMO... 12-4 the year before and finished strong last year.

Later today I'm going to post a depth chart and rate them in my opinion.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he ran a 4.47 and a 4.53 at his pro day which is fine. but its not the straight line speed, he doesn't have quickness or wiggle to separate when he cuts for a route. i just think he fills the same role benjamin does.

panthers got unlucky in the draft though, all the round-1 worthy OT's got picked before they were on the board, and Green-Beckham and Devin Smith were both taken right before they were on the board to grab Funchness. i think jaelen strong woulda been a better pick at WR than funchness

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    he ran a 4.47 and a 4.53 at his pro day which is fine. but its not the straight line speed, he doesn't have quickness or wiggle to separate when he cuts for a route. i just think he fills the same role benjamin does.

panthers got unlucky in the draft though, all the round-1 worthy OT's got picked before they were on the board, and Green-Beckham and Devin Smith were both taken right before they were on the board to grab Funchness. i think jaelen strong woulda been a better pick at WR than funchness
    They are probably better off playing him at TE. 2 TE sets are pretty effective if used the correct way. He seems to think he's a WR but he's NOT. But, they may move him around in multiple positions. But ultimately, I see him as a TE.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Predicted starting line-up and good back-ups going into 2015:

QB: Cam Newton
    RB: Jonathan Stewart, Cam Artis-Payne
    FB: Mike Tolbert
    WR1: Kevin Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchrey, Philly Brown
    WR2: Devin Funchess, Stephen Hill, Ted Ginn Jr.
    TE: Greg Olsen, Ed son
    LT: Michael Oher
    LG: Andrew Norwell
    C: Ryan Kalil
    RG: Trai Turner
    RT: Mike Rimmers/Daryl Williams

Analysis: Most knew what the Panthers bring to the table every Sunday, with the Panthers running game being the main focus, and this year might not be much different. With Cam, Jonathan Stewart, and Mike Tolbert leading the way, the Panthers might not miss DeAngelo Williams as much as expected. That also could be true thanks to the emergence of Cam Artis-Payne during the OTA's. Payne was argued to be a big-time draft steal, and the Panthers believe he will produce immediately. He will also be wearing the famous #34 that DeAngelo wore during his career. The Panthers are also hoping to build on the late season passing attack that Cam showed after struggling in the mid-season with injury and an inexperienced O-line. The Panthers picked up Devin Funchess in the second round, another big 6'5 receiver that has impressed in OTA's as well. The receiver race is the biggest watch during training camp, as the Panthers picked up several additions that made their corp go from below average, to pretty deep. After Benjamin, Funchess and Cotchrey, there is a 4-5 main race for the final positions. Although it was clear at first Ted Ginn making his return to Carolina after a career high year two years ago would have the spot, Stephen Hill has made huge plays during OTA's to think he will make the roster. On the O-line, Oher at LT is the biggest question mark. The Panthers, however, feel very comfortable on the OL, due to the experience the young linemen had during last years post-season run. Daryl Williams, rookie out of OU, looks to challenge for the RT spot, as the right side is actually fairly strong for Carolina this year.

Grade: B

If Carolina can stay healthy (particularly Jonathan Stewart) there is no reason to think Carolina can't excel in the NFC South and finish with a 10-6 or 11-5 record.

LE: Charles Johnson
    DT: Kawann Short, Colin Cole
    DT: Star Loutilelei, Dwan Edwards
    RE: Frank Alexander, Kony Ealy
    WLB: Shaq Thompson
    MLB: Luke Kuechly
    SLB: Thomas Davis
    CB: Josh Norman, Melvin White
    CB: Charles Tillman, Ben Benwikere
    SS: Roman Harper, Robert Lester
    FS: Tre Boston

Analysis: There's no secret that Carolina's front 7 is the key to their team, and this year will be no different. The D-line and LB's had 40 sacks last year, in a "down" year. They struggled early in the year, but really put it together in the final 9 weeks after it was clear Greg Hardy wouldn't be returning. The biggest question mark is a RE, finding out who will replace Hardy. So far Frank Alexander, who missed 12 games last year due to suspension will have the spot. Kony Ealy, second year out of Missou, is also finding his groove. At LB, the Panthers somehow got stronger, drafting athletic LB Shaq Thompson, who can also come in at safety like a Kam Chance-type player. At DB, the Panthers have struggled the past couple years. However, towards the end of the year rookies Melvin White, Tre Boston, and Bene Benwik really strived and helped the Panthers make the post-season. The Panthers signed Charles "Peanut" Tillman from the Bears this off-season, and they believe he can show production at the number 2 CB. Josh Norman is looking to break out into the elite CB status, after a fantastic year. He held #1 WR's to just over 50 yards per game last year including Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, etc. Bene Benwik excelled last year, but they believe would be better suited as a nickle this year. Tre Boston is a promising prospect for Carolina at safety. Roman Harper is on the hot seat, after a mediocre year last year, as there are players fighting him for his position. He did lead Carolina in INT's last year.

Grade: A-

Carolina's D has always been one of the top D's, but with the addition of Shaq Thompson and the young CB group showing promise towards the end of the year, there's no reason to think Carolina cannot maintain a top 5 D going into the next season.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    another grim year for the Panthers receiving group

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Another year of the receivers getting thrown under the bus for 's failure as a quarterback.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll be a real as I can be.

at Jax,,,win
    Houston...win
    New Orleans..win
    at Tampa Bay,,,win

bye...let's say 3-1

at Seattle...loss
    Philly...loss
    Indy...loss
    Green Bay...loss

three home games there, will win one of them.

So...4-4

at Tenn..win
    Washington...win
    at Dallas (turkey day)....loss
    at New Orleans..win/lose???
    Atlanta..win
    at NYG..loss
    at Atlanta...loss
    Tampa Bay...win

How about...10-6/9-7?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Stephen Hill tore his ACL in the first practice. Definitely a bit disappointed. He had size and speed to be a great 2/3 receiver.

another grim year for the Panthers receiving group

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pan...s-1st-practice
    http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pan...-about-nothing

Benjamin has been one of the most impressive players at camp thus far, not to mention Boykin.. where does he show up on my depth chart above ^^

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    "my depth chart"
    philly brown
    jerricho cotchery
    i'm sure benjamin looks amazing compared to any other WR on that roster

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    "my depth chart"
    philly brown
    jerricho cotchery
    Keep on deflecting when you have no clue what you're talking Boykin forgetting about Olsen this is a smash mouth run-first team

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    talking trash about a common problem in OTA's... On the first day

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Keep on deflecting when you have no clue what you're talking Boykin forgetting about Olsen this is a smash mouth run-first team
    taking a WR in round 1 last year and round 2 this year and still wont be a good passing team

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So tired of those so ing unrealistic about a team because....I like um.....sheesh!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT REAL!!!!!!!!!

The Panthers will win about 9/10 games because they play in a division, they will do nothing.

My Niners will be lucky to win 8, that's keeping it real.....O=K?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ^old got ging it up, per par

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ^old got ging it up, per par
    Dumb totally forgetting...

My TeamOakland RaidersPost Count34,450

"my depth chart"
    philly brown
    jerricho cotchery

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Hey stupid start another Avante Betting Tracker Thread, ok? Funny watching you ...ah, yeah, you're winning $$$$.....hahahaha!!!! Talk about a big fail, there it was.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    So tired of those so ing unrealistic about a team because....I like um.....sheesh!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT REAL!!!!!!!!!

The Panthers will win about 9/10 games because they play in a division, they will do nothing.

My Niners will be lucky to win 8, that's keeping it real.....O=K?
    What the are you talking about? The Panthers have been trending up ever since Cam put on a uniform. Two years ago the division was on par with the West. That's just as relevant as saying the South is because of last year.

anddo not compare the garbage 9ers to Carolina.. Carolina has a young foundation and is trending up.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Another year of the receivers getting thrown under the bus for 's failure as a quarterback.

Thread Information