Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Yep, ya nailed a few.

Your Cards once had the best "gang" of backs in the league, with Thunder Thornton, Joe Childress, Prentice Gautt and the star of the show John David Crow.

A couple other 1000 yard combo's...

Niners...Roger Craig, Wendell Tyler
    Bengals...Pete Johnson, James Brooks

Is that it?
    My team isn't the cards. That's just the skin i'm using until the CHargers commit to a location.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    tiki barber and reuben droughns

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Was it Emmitt Smith or that monster line? Was it DeMarco Murray or that monster line?

How about all those 1000 yard rushers for Denver once upon a time? Orlandis Gary??????

Then we have guys like Barry Sanders.

Hmmmm?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    My team isn't the cards. That's just the skin i'm using until the CHargers commit to a location.
    Ok then let's talk about one of the really great running back duos ever, your Chargers Paul Lowe and Keith Lincoln. Lowe the blurr with Lincoln the dual purpose. Lincoln scoring...

PAT
    FG
    passing
    rushing
    receiving
    punt ret
    KO ret

Not many can say that.

Lowe was a hurdler at OSU and ran like one, fantastic runner. Lincoln the best all around back in the old AFL.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    tiki barber and reuben droughns
    That didn't work out too well, Droughns was pretty much done by then.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    So the Eagles signed both Murray and Mathews, that got me thinking about teams with two 1000 yard backs there together, it is rare.

Well the Niners did have future HOFers Joe Perry/Hugh McElhenny/John Henry Johnson all there together but only Perry had a 1000 yard season, Johnson's would come later as a Steeler.

Speaking of the Steelers, they had Franco Harris and Rocky Bliear.

Larry Csonka and Eugene "Mercury" Morris with the Dolphins.

The Browns had Ernest Byner and Kevin Mack.

Both Abner Haynes and big Cookie Gilchrist had had 1000 yard seasons before joining forces at Denver.

So who out there can tell me who I'm leaving out?
    Saints had Ruben Mayes and Dalton Hillard.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Saints had Ruben Mayes and Dalton Hillard.
    Yep, they are third and fourth on the all time Saints rushing list. Number one being the pretty much forgotten Duece McAlister. You'd think George Rogers, huh? He's second.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I know a lot of you are taking this..."you traitor!"...approach to losing players. You are ignoring the fact very few players (today) play for the same team their entire careers, those days are pretty much over (yes I know we do have exceptions....Patrick Willis etc). , we let Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, Jerry Rice walk. If that can happen.............

Today it's see if ya can get it rigt for a few seasons, then start over. That's what free agency does that's why it's sooooooooooooo important to have stability at coach/QB, yep...Belichick/Brady, not Gruden/RGIII.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count

McAlister is not pretty much forgotten.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

McAlister is not pretty much forgotten.
    I bet few knew he was the Saints rushing leader and could tell you what school he came out of. Other than die hard Saint fans that is. What was his number?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Yep, they are third and fourth on the all time Saints rushing list. Number one being the pretty much forgotten Duece McAlister. You'd think George Rogers, huh? He's second.
    Most Saints fans know Deuce is the Saints leading rusher. Rogers wasn't there that long. Deuce played his entire career with the Saints and had some great years. Unfortunately he only played one full season with Drew Brees. But every Saints fan will remember his performance in the 2006 NFC Divisional playoffs against the Eagles where he run through and all over the Eagles.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I bet few knew he was the Saints rushing leader and could tell you what school he came out of. Other than die hard Saint fans that is. What was his number?
    I'm pretty sure most casual Saints fans know he's a local guy from Ole Miss and all-time rusher.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Most Saints fans know Deuce is the Saints leading rusher. Rogers wasn't there that long. Deuce played his entire career with the Saints and had some great years. Unfortunately he only played one full season with Drew Brees. But every Saints fan will remember his performance in the 2006 NFC Divisional playoffs against the Eagles where he run through and all over the Eagles.
    I was always really impressed with him and wondered why he didn't get more props. George Rogers being better known because of that Heisman.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure most casual Saints fans know he's a local guy from Ole Miss and all-time rusher.
    I don't have much confidence in that "casual" fan. They are usually pretty much into the right now. You try and talk..once upon a time...and eyes begin to roll.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I don't have much confidence in that "casual" fan. They are usually pretty much into the right now. You try and talk..once upon a time...and eyes begin to roll.
    Deuce was a popular Saint. Most Saints fans whether die hard or casual were aware of him, especially since he was a SEC RB at a local school like Ole Miss. Popular draft pick even though Ricky Williams was still on the team.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Deuce was a popular Saint. Most Saints fans whether die hard or casual were aware of him, especially since he was a SEC RB at a local school like Ole Miss. Popular draft pick even though Ricky Williams was still on the team.
    most casual football fans were aware of him. I was still a teen when he retired but I knew how good he was and im not from anywhere near Louisiana

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Well living out here in California, really do doubt too many can talk Duece McAlister.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Talking abour McAlister got me thinking about those RB's who don't get talked about much, they aren't on any all time list. no HOF consideration but were great players.

How about....

Greg Pruitt Oklahoma/Browns
    Terry Metcalf Long Beach St/Cards
    Terry Miller Okla St/Bills
    Neal Anderson Fla/Bears
    Wendell Tyler UCLA/Rams
    Tony Collins East Carolina/Pats
    Larry Brown Kansas St/Redskins
    Emerson Boozer MES/Jets
    Bass UOP/Rams
    John Brockington Ohio St/Packers

Joe Delaney ran on the same NWLa 4x1*** team with Mark Duper (Dolphins) both were 9.4 guys, they took that small school to an NCAA medal.

In his rookie season with the Chiefs he had over a 1000 yards, a great speed back, great burst. During the off season he's up in the mountains, to make a long story short, he drown trying to save some kids. He couldn't swim.

*** also on that team was Victor Oatis another NFLer to be, he was a cornerback.

When Oregon ran their world record 4x1 they had NFLers to be Jerry Tarr%% (actually AFL) Mike Gaecther and Mel Renfro, yep, the old Cowboy cornerback who was a stud running back then. A 13.7/25-11/9.6 guy. On anchor the great Canadian Harry Jerome (once beat Bob Hayes)

Speaking of Bob Hayes, he ran on a 4x1 team at FAMU with future NFLers Bob Paremore and Al Denson. The other member was Alfred Austin, the first guy to beat Hayes while in HS. The only other was Jimmy "Peach Head" Gordon, who would get gunned down in a gang related incident. Gordon the ultimate "what might have been?"

When Bullet Bob was catching passes for the Cowboys there were two other guys in the league who had beaten him in the sprints in college. Can this be Googled?

One of them is known for being the first to.............?

%% Tarr was a world class hurdler at 13.3, a white guy as was Gaechter.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-12-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey avante. You're a got.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Damn Avante, how do you do that? I can't remember what I had for breakfast at Timmy's.

So tell me big man, who came out of San Diego State as far as speedsters go, if anyone would know it's you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No problem, and say hi to your Timmy.

Steve Williams was the big stud sprinter out of SDS, he ran a world record 9.1 (I was there in Fresno that night). He was also ranked number one in the world, a transfer from UTEP.

Howard Williams a 9.3 guy (no relation) came with Steve from UTEP.

Then there was Marty Krulee a 10.16ish guy, who once held the "pale face" USA 100m record. Not that there was one.

David Russell was a 9.4/20.6ish cat.

That's about it.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-12-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Let;s see....

The solid Coach/QB combos for 2015

Belichick/Brady
    Carroll/Wilson
    Garrett/Romo
    Couglin/Manning
    McCarthy/Rodgers
    Rivera/Newton
    Harbaugh/Flacco
    Lewis/Dalton
    Payton/Brees
    Tomlin/Big Ben
    Pagano/Luck
    Reid/Smith
    McCoy/Rivers

The rest stand no chance in 2015.

Notice only those listed above have won a SB lately?
    Last edited by Avante; 03-13-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I know I'm suppose to....Darren McFadden a Cowboy, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! what a joke, but....

If this guy could ever stay upright and motivated he could make it work. I know I know he's been...you suck!!!!!! but he's not the only one to be in a situation to turn things around. He does have some serious...zoooommm.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So there I am standing in line at the bank with my Niner cap on when a guy behind me....(also with a Niner cap on)

Guy...we're in trouble.
    Me...yep!
    Guy...Kaepernick, sheesh!
    Me...Maybe this year, ah...nay!
    Guy..nay! I;m going to miss Gore.
    Me...me too man, he was a stud!
    Guy...Carlos Hyde?
    Me...I don't know man, maybe, but he'll neverr be a Frank Gore.
    Guy...I hear that.

My turn...

Me..see ya.
    Guy...8-8?
    Me...I hope not.

I couldn't tell him we need a 2-14 season. We are hurting and it will take at least thre seasons to get back in the mix, we can't use 8-8 seasons.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What team is "guaranteed" a division le again next season? Yep, the Colts. Must be nice playing in the weak ass AFC South. , my Niners could probaly win that division if they swapped places with the Colts.

When we read/hear about Andrerw Luck doing this n' that, look at who he plays 6 times a season.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    What team is "guaranteed" a division le again next season? Yep, the Colts. Must be nice playing in the weak ass AFC South. , my Niners could probaly win that division if they swapped places with the Colts.

When we read/hear about Andrerw Luck doing this n' that, look at who he plays 6 times a season.
    Luck also plays in the tougher conference and doesn't have a mega-stacked defense to bail him out.

Thread Information