Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amb, Like I said no alpha talks there is no point. But the fact you keep trying that is funny to me. Like you feel if you say it enough people will believe you ...awesome you have CN on your side that speaks volumes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you make predictions without factoring injuries or depth? I told you those would be issues at the time we had those debates. The season started with Randle, Nash, Swaggy and then Kobe all hurt. Not my fault you had an agenda and made a stupid prediction. When we had those debates the team was already injured. OR do you think a team with little elite talent can lose 3 starters and a top rookie and maintain their record? Dont get me wrong we still would have sucked. But Byron would have to be Pop with a it of PJ thrown in to win 35 games with this team ...
    Depth is in play, but mostly not injuries, unless it's something foreseeable and repe ive. Nash getting hurt is expected, Kobe was a maybe, Randle and Swaggy were unforeseen. Sure injuries happens, but I can't go in a say the Spurs will be a 25 win team because of injuries to Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Green, Mills and Manu.

Even with Randle out, the Lakers should still have been a 30 win team. Without SwaggyP, the Lakers were 1-9, but once Swaggy P got back, the Lakers went on a decent 10th seed run and was on track, but then Kobe decided to totally chuck them out of the race, the FO decided to tank more and Kobe had this "injury", an injury that allowed Mills to contribute heavily in the championship run last year but a warrior like Kobe cannot bear, and the Lakers mysteriously sucked as the worst team in the league.

And I said the Lakers would have been a 30-35 win team with a good coach like Carlisle. The argument was around Scott being a clear indication the team was trying to tank.

In the 42 games SwaggyMVP played, the Lakers were 12 and 30, on a 23.4 win pace.
    In the 24 he didn't play, the Lakers were 5-19, or a 17.1 win pace.

In fact, the Lakers were on a 30 win or better pace all the way up till mid January, if you dismiss the 1-9 Kobe induced start. Then, all of the sudden, the Lakers couldn't buy a game and started free falling. Suddenly, scrubs like Tarik Black and Wayne Ellington starts to get major burn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amb, Like I said no alpha talks there is no point. But the fact you keep trying that is funny to me. Like you feel if you say it enough people will believe you ...awesome you have CN on your side that speaks volumes.
    It's not because CN is on my side that makes it true, it's because the numbers are on my side.

Again, if Kobe was the alpha, he would be the ONLY alpha on a championship in the last 25 years not to lead his own team in regular season win shares. The previous team to have that was the Pistons and it was because of the Pistons reliance on defense while Thomas was the engine on offense that created that exception Besides, the Pistons were known as a collective group of grit and grind warriors that shared equal billing anyways, not known as the Isiah show.

Ultimately, Kobe got way too much credit in the 09/10 b2b, when MVPau should have been the one getting the accolades.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's not because CN is on my side that makes it true, it's because the numbers are on my side.

Again, if Kobe was the alpha, he would be the ONLY alpha on a championship in the last 25 years not to lead his own team in regular season win shares. The previous team to have that was the Pistons and it was because of the Pistons reliance on defense while Thomas was the engine on offense that created that exception Besides, the Pistons were known as a collective group of grit and grind warriors that shared equal billing anyways, not known as the Isiah show.

Ultimately, Kobe got way too much credit in the 09/10 b2b, when MVPau should have been the one getting the accolades.
    LOL, winshares

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Depth is in play, but mostly not injuries, unless it's something foreseeable and repe ive. Nash getting hurt is expected, Kobe was a maybe, Randle and Swaggy were unforeseen. Sure injuries happens, but I can't go in a say the Spurs will be a 25 win team because of injuries to Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Green, Mills and Manu.

Even with Randle out, the Lakers should still have been a 30 win team. Without SwaggyP, the Lakers were 1-9, but once Swaggy P got back, the Lakers went on a decent 10th seed run and was on track, but then Kobe decided to totally chuck them out of the race, the FO decided to tank more and Kobe had this "injury", an injury that allowed Mills to contribute heavily in the championship run last year but a warrior like Kobe cannot bear, and the Lakers mysteriously sucked as the worst team in the league.

And I said the Lakers would have been a 30-35 win team with a good coach like Carlisle. The argument was around Scott being a clear indication the team was trying to tank.

In the 42 games SwaggyMVP played, the Lakers were 12 and 30, on a 23.4 win pace.
    In the 24 he didn't play, the Lakers were 5-19, or a 17.1 win pace.

In fact, the Lakers were on a 30 win or better pace all the way up till mid January, if you dismiss the 1-9 Kobe induced start. Then, all of the sudden, the Lakers couldn't buy a game and started free falling. Suddenly, scrubs like Tarik Black and Wayne Ellington starts to get major burn.
    yawn ... we already did this dance. but thanks for the recap ...regurgitation.

Amb: Lakers were on on pace for me to be right but ...

Injuries ...
    Byron cant coach a bunch of scrubs I overrated...
    Kobe sabotaged a 35 win team!!!

You keep talking projected wins but stop acting like you dont know hoops or dont have an agenda ... doesnt matter what the projections are only the results. Lakers at times benefited from backtobacks and teams finishing a long road trip and teams playing down to our level. We are trash. We were trash then and trash now ...but thanks for playing. I was right you were wrong.

I admitted you were right about Timmy but Amb is NEVER wrong ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 03-23-2015 at 02:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any basis for bashing winshares? History has shown that winshares are an excellent way to compare players on the same team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yawn ... we already did this dance. but thanks for the recap ...regurgitation.

Amb: Lakers were on on pace for me to be right but ...

Injuries ...
    Byron cant coach a bunch of scrubs I overrated...
    Kobe sabotaged a 35 win team!!!

You keep talking projected wins but stop acting like you dont know hoops or dont have an agenda ... doesnt matter what the projections are only the results. Lakers at times benefited from backtobacks and teams finishing a long road trip and teams playing down to our level. We are trash. We were trash then and trash now ...but thanks for playing. I was right you were wrong.

I admitted you were right about Timmy but Amb is NEVER wrong ...
    Don't go off on a deep end. I am looking at trends and patterns over significant periods of time. Things like b2b and long road trips happens multiple times a year.

Instead there was a clear trend in what the lakers did this year.

Carlisle can most definitely coach this lakers team to 30 wins if that was the objective. Even you alluded to as such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't go off on a deep end. I am looking at trends and patterns over significant periods of time. Things like b2b and long road trips happens multiple times a year.

Instead there was a clear trend in what the lakers did this year.

Carlisle can most definitely coach this lakers team to 30 wins if that was the objective. Even you alluded to as such.
    RC is a great coach. 2nd best in fact. But 35 wins? And just above you said we could win 35 not 40 and now you are lowering the number. And dont use injuries because if you you just further prove my point. No. 28-30 max. You overestimate a coach. I think a really good coach can help especially turning a good team to a great one or mediocre to a good one. I bet he does get more wins than Byron could. But RC is not the broad that worked with Helen Keller (he is not a miracle worker) in fact he is having trouble integrating Rondo and Ellis and this team we have sucks much worse on paper and in reality than the 2015 Mavs.

And Last this is when I get away from stats. The results show this Laker team beat SA, ATL, GSW, CHI etc. Great. But none of that changes how bad this team is even BEFORe the injuries. We also lost to the Knicks the freaking Knicks at home. IF you cant see that, please stick to your trends and projections because your eyes are to ty to rely on the eye test, tbh no offense.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 03-23-2015 at 03:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC is a great coach. 2nd best in fact. But 35 wins? And just above you said we could win 35 not 40 and now you are lowering the number. And dont use injuries because if you you just further prove my point. No. 28-30 max. You overestimate a coach. I think a really good coach can help especially turning a good team to a great one or mediocre to a good one. I bet he does get more wins than Byron could. But RC is not the broad that worked with Helen Keller (he is not a miracle worker) in fact he is having trouble integrating Rondo and Ellis and this team we have sucks much worse on paper and in reality than the 2015 Mavs.

And Last this is when I get away from stats. The results show this Laker team beat SA, ATL, GSW, CHI etc. Great. But none of that changes how bad this team is even BEFORe the injuries. We also lost to the Knicks the freaking Knicks at home. IF you cant see that, please stick to your trends and projections because your eyes are to ty to rely on the eye test, tbh no offense.
    I honestly recalled saying 30 to 35. Not sure where 40 came from.

Right now, the nuggets and kings with all the turmoil and crappy management are on 40 win paces. The Jazz were picked as one of the worst teams in the start of the season but has already cleared 30 wins. You make it sound like 30 win team is some i be of achievement but it's not. Most seasons, 30 teams will put you at the bottom 3 or 4 in either conference. It's pretty bad.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I honestly recalled saying 30 to 35. Not sure where 40 came from.

Right now, the nuggets and kings with all the turmoil and crappy management are on 40 win paces. The Jazz were picked as one of the worst teams in the start of the season but has already cleared 30 wins. You make it sound like 30 win team is some i be of achievement but it's not. Most seasons, 30 teams will put you at the bottom 3 or 4 in either conference. It's pretty bad.
    Yes. And this team is worse than that ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    black Pringles - B. Scott making sure he s with the line up enough to make this happen....we gotta with Phil Jackson and get that pick....tank mutha ers tank!!!!!!
    Phony Laker troll(s)
    What in the is going on?
    They just came back from 5 down with like a minute to go to force overtime vs the 6ers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF?!
    Scoring the tie breaking / game winning basket with 0.7 seconds left in OT

Is Scott fired over this?

Thread Information