Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rule of thumb in expansion in any capacity is to work in 3s. start small, horde a load of funds, then expand threefold. rinse and repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rule of thumb in expansion in any capacity is to work in 3s. start small, horde a load of funds, then expand threefold. rinse and repeat.
    That's not bad. My city is up to 20k now, after a few restarts. I've only had time to play in short bursts but this game is absolutely amazing. Highly recommended.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    After a few starts, I has a city going like crazy. Cash is flowing in faster than I could spend it. Bought the Statue of Liberty, Statue of Wealth, and Fountain of Life and Death. I saved it, for later review. I can easily buy the other unique buildings I unlocked, and I'm only at 13,788 population. CR 766,255...

I don't know what I did right! It was my first start I was happy with. Still have a great deal to learn. I'm sure I can do better.

I did something wrong though before saving it. My happiness trend is -55. It was after I built my first Metro line. Residential 91%, Commercial 76%, Office 96%, and Industry 86%. I have Smoke detectors, Recycling, Parks and Recreation, Education Boost, Recreational Use, and Free Public Transportation for policies.

Too bad I was drinking the 140.2 proof Elijah Barrel Strength...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    OK, I think I figured a few critical things out.

My sudden loss of happiness was because I was over educating my people. I build enough elementary schools, high schools, and universities as needed so my capacity was greater than the eligibility. What this did is factories and other businesses were not getting enough uneducated and just over qualified workers. I have a good game going on now. I finally built my second elementary school when my eligibility hit 654. My capacity changed from 300 to 600. I will still have uneducated workers to fill those jobs the Mexicans don't want. My high school eligibility is 1,693, and I only have a capacity of 1,000. I'll wait for a second high school until probable 2,200 eligible. Under 8,000 population still, so I can't buy the university yet.

For best growth of value, I think we need to keep the demand bars about 50%. This is tricky with housing because population will grow accordingly with taxes and availability of land. In the first city growth to Worthy Village, I raised my tax rates to 10%, then a little later to 11%. I pretty much keep them at 11%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game doesn't seem like one I could play high..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, I think I figured a few critical things out.

My sudden loss of happiness was because I was over educating my people. I build enough elementary schools, high schools, and universities as needed so my capacity was greater than the eligibility. What this did is factories and other businesses were not getting enough uneducated and just over qualified workers. I have a good game going on now. I finally built my second elementary school when my eligibility hit 654. My capacity changed from 300 to 600. I will still have uneducated workers to fill those jobs the Mexicans don't want. My high school eligibility is 1,693, and I only have a capacity of 1,000. I'll wait for a second high school until probable 2,200 eligible. Under 8,000 population still, so I can't buy the university yet.

For best growth of value, I think we need to keep the demand bars about 50%. This is tricky with housing because population will grow accordingly with taxes and availability of land. In the first city growth to Worthy Village, I raised my tax rates to 10%, then a little later to 11%. I pretty much keep them at 11%.
    You need to level up your industry. Then they can employ more highly skilled/educated workers.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You need to level up your industry. Then they can employ more highly skilled/educated workers.
    Yes, but a need for low skilled workers is always there. I had too many highly educated. In the game that started dropping on me, about 86% of my industries are at max leveling (3) with the remaining at level 2. About 95% of my Commercial are at 3 as well, and none at level 1. My residential are about 80% at level 4 with the remaining split 20% evenly at level 3 and 5. Offices at about 5% level 1, 35% level 2, and the remaining 60% at level 3. I have 8% uneducated, 26% educated, 19% well educated, and 47% highly educated.

One of my level 2 industrial buildings need 3/7/2/0 for the education levels, but I have 0/1/1/10. A level 3 needs 2/5/10/15, and I have 0/0/7/16. Another needs 2/4/10/15 and I have 0/0/2/28.

That's why my housing demand is so low. I tried to grow my population faster than normal to get uneducated citizens. I may have to destroy or relocate some schools so not all eligible students can attend.

I haven't experimented with the districts yet. I assume its needed at some point in the game.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Do you think it would help if I bulldozed all the level 2 industries?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Ooopd...

I loaded up the wrong game for those stats. They are similar Levels:

Residential: 0/0/10/75/15

Commercial 1/14/85

Industry: 10/10/80

Office: 0/45/55

Same problem clicking on building. Almost no employees in slots of 1 or 2, and level 4 educated citizens filling level about half the slots

Citizens at education level:

7%/24%/16%/53%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but a need for low skilled workers is always there. I had too many highly educated. In the game that started dropping on me, about 86% of my industries are at max leveling (3) with the remaining at level 2. About 95% of my Commercial are at 3 as well, and none at level 1. My residential are about 80% at level 4 with the remaining split 20% evenly at level 3 and 5. Offices at about 5% level 1, 35% level 2, and the remaining 60% at level 3. I have 8% uneducated, 26% educated, 19% well educated, and 47% highly educated.

One of my level 2 industrial buildings need 3/7/2/0 for the education levels, but I have 0/1/1/10. A level 3 needs 2/5/10/15, and I have 0/0/7/16. Another needs 2/4/10/15 and I have 0/0/2/28.

That's why my housing demand is so low. I tried to grow my population faster than normal to get uneducated citizens. I may have to destroy or relocate some schools so not all eligible students can attend.

I haven't experimented with the districts yet. I assume its needed at some point in the game.
    Have you tried building more office zones to accommodate your highly educated? They count as industry if I'm not mistaken.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Have you tried building more office zones to accommodate your highly educated? They count as industry if I'm not mistaken.
    I tried that, and they don't seem to count. I should start the game again and overload it with them to see if it makes a difference. So many buildings, adding about 10 doesn't do much.

I played around with districts, and that's useless for my problem. Farming and Forestry employ 1 uneducated person per square. Oil and ore employ 1.5 person per square at an approximate 2:5:2:0 ratio.

My problem did seem to correct itself somewhat, after I added lots of housing, and drove the demand to almost zero. Still lots underemployed people.

Not saving the game with these experiments. It should go well by just adding more housing and driving the demand lower than I like. I'll just be more careful about adding schools.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Oh...

I'm going to take off the education boost policy too.

Sad that we can have an over educated society...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The simple solution seems to make education available for everyone, but not to use the "Education Boost" policy.

Reminds me of our own society. Don't make it easy fro the idiots to get a college degree. They just become worthless bums claiming they cant get a job they trained for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is the

Thread Information