Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last edited by ace3g; 07-13-2015 at 11:00 PM.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    As much as I hate Rousey, I can't freaking stand roid-monkey Brazilian's.

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    I don't care if that jungle dwelling roid monkey has bionic arms, I want someone to put that **** down a peg

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I don't care if that jungle dwelling roid monkey has bionic arms, I want someone to put that **** down a peg
    You know, that's a pretty good call. I just saw that Rousey was on WWE or some the other night as well... Judas, that's just what we need; more WWE horse .

MMAjunkieVerified account ‏@MMAjunkie Neil Magny vs. Demian Maia set for UFC 190 in Brazil http://dlvr.it/B8HKTv via @MMAjunkie

Post Count
    Obviously Ronda is going to smash.

But if something unthinkable were to happen, would it be good or bad for women's MMA to have Ronda lose? It would take a lot of shine off of one of their brightest stars, but it would instantly make the women's division compe ive and interesting.

Post Count
    My god the talent in this division is weak. I have watched some of Bethe Correia's fights and she's got nothing for Ronda.. Striking is okay, not special, not a wrestler, doesn't appear to have a dominant ground game. Unless a Serra/GSP scenario goes down, this is one easy le defense..

Post Count
    Now Ronda is saying that she wants to punish her, based on some words about suicide, and Ronda took it personal based on her dad.. So if she keeps this on the feet as long as it lasts, you never know.. But it would take a minor miracle for Bethe to pull this off..

Obviously Ronda is going to smash.

But if something unthinkable were to happen, would it be good or bad for women's MMA to have Ronda lose? It would take a lot of shine off of one of their brightest stars, but it would instantly make the women's division compe ive and interesting.
    Depends on how serious they are about ever making a Cyborg/Rousey fight happen. Ronda needs a spotless record to add some stakes to that. And it's coming up on now or never time. Otherwise it's going to take on a Mayweather/Pacquiao look with Rousey playing the part of the guy she's been talking for the last year. The fight would be good for business and good for the sport while dragging their feet any further will hand a silver bullet to anyone looking for an excuse to on women's MMA without getting labeled sexist.

If that isn't going to happen then they would be better off with Rousey getting beat. The rematch would be easier to sell than Rousey/Tate III. With a win Bethe's suicide comments make her look like a vicious bully. With a lopsided loss those comments look like Mean Girls middle school bull cooked up to grab headlines. And it gives the UFC a chance to rebrand Rousey. There are plenty of folks on this board alone that think she could use some humbling and less exposure in the media. This would be the ultimate way to scale back the appearances, movies, etc and legitimize her as a fighter's fighter getting devoted 100% to the sport and not the hype as she trains to retake the le. Sooner or later the sport is going to have to be able to stand on its own merits and this would make a fine opportunity to see if it's ready to do that.

Quite frankly Rousey is going to win big and I don't think it's the best thing that can happen to women's MMA.

Probably only two ways to beat Ronda is by long distance/point fighting decision or KO punch.

The second you get within reach she is grabbing/judo throwing your ass to the mat for some kind of arm bar.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    Looking forward to the Rousey fight. Beche is her toughest opponent by far, I still got Ronda though.

main CARD
    Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia
    for women's bantamweight le

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua

Fernando Bruno vs. Glaico Franca
    "TUF: Brazil 4" lightweight tournament final
    Dileno Lopes vs. Reginaldo Vieira
    "TUF: Brazil 4" bantamweight tournament final
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Stefan Struve

Soa Palelei vs. Antonio Silva

Jessica Aguilar vs. Claudia Gadelha

preliminary CARD
    FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Neil Magny vs. Demian Maia

Believe.
    Post Count
    Ronda vs Be the Korea
    No brainer here. Bethe is clearly not the best opponent Ronda faced (Cat or Miesha would easily dispose of her, probably others too). I think Bethe is juicing and that's what gives her a sense of confidence but it's not gonna be enough, at all.

Shogun vs Lil Nog

Minotauro vs Struve

Palelei vs Bigfoot

Aguilar vs Gadelha

Magny vs Maia

Alves vs Taleb

mins making some money and a career after getting his ass kicked by Cormier in his UFC debut, wore down Feijao with wrestling, finished him with GnP elbows/punches.

Obviously he needs to work on his striking, but his cardio looks really good.

-1600 favorite

Not doing well on my picks so far...

Believe.
    Post Count
    Not doing well on my picks so far...
    Tell me about it.

Post Count
    Well we all knew rousey would win.

Thread Information