Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes a lot of sense for the worst Parker-basher in the forum to post this. Lol.
    that's actually lefty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah it's close

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Makes a lot of sense for the worst Parker-basher in the forum to post this. Lol.
    You're proving Harlem's point, got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be starting at PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're proving Harlem's point, got
    I understand the premise bro. The irony is he's doing the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotdayum this is like having little kids in the back seat pointing and poking at each other. There's no sense in it, but they do it anyhow because they know it gets a rise. You hope they grow out of it but sometimes they are autistic or just re ed and never actually do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is the man, as simple as that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd best spurs of all time tbh.

OP do you agree? It's really hard choosing him over Drob, but Manu has and always been a winner.
    I love Manu but that's unfair to Da Admiral. HE had to carry a team full of Matt Bonner-level scrubs for most of HIS career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very ing true OP. I don't remember threads being deleted or the COM threatening to post longcats to protest the criticism either. Nor do I remember them trying to deflect the blame onto other players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never hated him for a second because I never doubted his intention. As lame as that sounds, I always knew he was doing eveything he could for the team, just as he had done every game prior to the finals that year. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, and he clearly wasn't himself that entire playoffs both health wise and confidence wise.

I think it's ridiculous that on this forum and in the media in general, one bad performance can wipe away consistent great performances. It was one thing to be a little frustrated with Manu that series, but it was pretty gross to see how many fans here were bashing him and stopped being fans seemingly. Bottom line, he's one of my 2 favorite players (honestly tied with Duncan), and it has been a pleasure to watch him all these years. The spurs got me into basketball, and it was mainly Manu's creativeness and passion that really got me hooked. I started watching ball in the 2005 finals, when my uncle was a pistons fan and being a 10 year old, I was devil's advocate and started rooting for the spurs. But holy did Manu make me legitimately love the Spurs. One bad finals series was never enough to change any of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never hated him for a second because I never doubted his intention. As lame as that sounds, I always knew he was doing eveything he could for the team, just as he had done every game prior to the finals that year. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, and he clearly wasn't himself that entire playoffs both health wise and confidence wise.

I think it's ridiculous that on this forum and in the media in general, one bad performance can wipe away consistent great performances. It was one thing to be a little frustrated with Manu that series, but it was pretty gross to see how many fans here were bashing him and stopped being fans seemingly. Bottom line, he's one of my 2 favorite players (honestly tied with Duncan), and it has been a pleasure to watch him all these years. The spurs got me into basketball, and it was mainly Manu's creativeness and passion that really got me hooked. I started watching ball in the 2005 finals, when my uncle was a pistons fan and being a 10 year old, I was devil's advocate and started rooting for the spurs. But holy did Manu make me legitimately love the Spurs. One bad finals series was never enough to change any of that
    Do you remember how bad it got here during/after those Finals, though? Because some people are claiming that the Manu hate wasn't too bad, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember how bad it got here during/after those Finals, though? Because some people are claiming that the Manu hate wasn't too bad, tbh..
    The original shortbus with skull, tgy, hater was cursing manu the whole year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember people hating Manu's 2 yr/14 million contract, yet there wasn't any negative feedback about Parker's 43 million contract extension even though Parker's 2014 playoff run was mediocre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did any Manu hater ever got banned from upstairs, tbh? I'm trying to remember. I know a long time Parker-hater that was confined to the NBA forum...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course I do, every thread was about how he cost us a championship, should sign on for the vet min or retire, and all of a sudden people were bringing up other incidents in which he had cost us championships, like the ridiculous idea that his foul on Dirk cost us a ring...

Can't say if the current Parker hate was worse, although I feel like it may be. At least when Manu used to go off, he'd get some props. There's literally no doing right for parker anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember people hating Manu's 2 yr/14 million contract, yet there wasn't any negative feedback about Parker's 43 million contract extension even though Parker's 2014 playoff run was mediocre.
    He was lucky that everyone was too busy celebrating 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember the "Manu costs us Kirilenko" fury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think even vichy Bruno was seething when Gino signed that 2 year/$14m deal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very ing true OP. I don't remember threads being deleted or the COM threatening to post longcats to protest the criticism either. Nor do I remember them trying to deflect the blame onto other players.
    Free

TDMVPDPOY..

Why did that got banned for bashing parker while other posters who wished for Manu's injury to end still posting..

Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember the "Manu costs us Kirilenko" fury?
    I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free

TDMVPDPOY..

Why did that got banned for bashing parker while other posters who wished for Manu's career to end still posting..

Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ Manu being better than DRob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah it's that one dude who always calls him a wanker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think it's ridiculous that on this forum and in the media in general, one bad performance can wipe away consistent great performances. It was one thing to be a little frustrated with Manu that series, but it was pretty gross to see how many fans here were bashing him and stopped being fans seemingly. Bottom line, he's one of my 2 favorite players (honestly tied with Duncan), and it has been a pleasure to watch him all these years. The spurs got me into basketball, and it was mainly Manu's creativeness and passion that really got me hooked. I started watching ball in the 2005 finals, when my uncle was a pistons fan and being a 10 year oldwasn devil's advocate and started rooting for the spurs. But holy did Manu make me legitimately love the Spurs. One bad finals series was never enough to change any of that
    tbh I didn't give him too much hate bc he was simply playing his role as a facilitator, the Heatles just happened to be such an elite defensive team that they closed up most of his passing lanes that were there vs lesser teams.

If he would've tried to play isoball to the detriment of the team (like a certain past his prime current player does) I would've been alot harder on him. Plus it helps that he adjusted and redeemed himself last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"personal insults, trade demands, an abundance of hateful threads, the forum was littered with negative Manu talk, tbh.."

this never reached the amount of Parker received all his career or even lately by ST and it's not even close

Thread Information