NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    five guys is in that awkward spot between fast food trash and quality burgers.

if i want a cheap quick fix, i'm going for in n out. if i want to pony up for a burger, i'm going with the counter or the habit
    Armenian vato stole my take...but he is SoCal, too so there is some truth in what he said.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    oh, dang...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I like 5 guys. The burgers and fries are always hot, unlike in and out burger, plus they always give you a mega amount of fries. It is pricey though.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

if i want a cheap quick fix, i'm going for in n out. if i want to pony up for a burger, i'm going with the counter or the habit
    Man that place is expensive. It's a decent burger and I used to eat there often because it was right by my work, but even if they were the same price I think I'd usually rather get a Kingburger from the Fatburger in Westwood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Man that place is expensive. It's a decent burger and I used to eat there often because it was right by my work, but even if they were the same price I think I'd usually rather get a Kingburger from the Fatburger in Westwood.
    yeah its pricy, but its pretty damn good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You dopes should learn to cook.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    We've had several specialty burger places open here over the past year. If I really want to go out of the way to get a good burger I'll hit one of those up.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Gotta love the snooty lib s who tell us all to "learn to cook" in fast food threads. Some of us enjoy eating out sometimes, gots, get over it.

As for Five Guys, it's really not bad, tbh. The reviewers seemed to be expecting some gourmet meal or something.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    It's expensive compared only to In N Out, but that's an unbeatable deal: DoubleDouble + Fries < $5

Five Guys is 1-Cheeseburger All the Way: $7

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    one of the few places that will put fresh, not pickled jalapenos on the burger. Its the only reason I still go there occasionally.

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    from my old thread http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...ight=five+guys

basically...
    Was I tripping or is this place the most overrated landfill of a restaurant? The burgers were about an inch in diameter and pretty average, I would've enjoyed them if they didn't cost $5. The fries......were the biggest ing joke I've ever tasted. They give you a big mound of salty mess that tastes like plain potato sprinkled with salt. I'd take reheated microwaved fries from anywhere else over those cause they'd be half the price and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. I was super bummed out cause all I've heard is that this place along side In-N-Out are supposed to be another tier of burger places, ing bull
    The only thing that makes sense is that it's a unique place so pretentious losers who like ranking burger joints fall for the bull . Even the atmosphere was aweful. The kitchen is practically part of the dining area as if anyone gives a about watching their food being made and it's always loud

not myself but the best point of all...
    Five Guys and In-n-Out are not popular because their food is particularly good. They are popular because of their geographic origins in Maryland/DC and California, respectively, and the liberal white culture in those places. Expressing an affinity for Five Guys or In-n-Out is one of many signals that white cultural liberals use to identify one another. These signals are important to white liberals so that they can differentiate themselves from WKWP (wrong kind of white people), i.e. Christians, conservatives, rednecks, etc.
    fast food snobs are the worst. Can't believe I'm saying this but they're even worse than beer snobs. At least with beer most people don't partake in so I'm sure there's a sense of community or culture, but with fast food everyone that's not vegetarian partakes and it's all . Stop ing pretending and just admit that you eat at one of the main chains and you enjoy it just as much as the others

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Five Guys is great because it's a solid burger that you can have on the road in less than 10 minutes with a TON of fresh fries, they literally fill the bag up.

Yes, it's greasy, but this isn't gourmet food. It's fast food. It's meant to be quick and tasty and comforting.

That said, I don't eat there often because it IS overpriced and as ctoa said, I'd rather make a burger at home or if I'm going to pay $10+ for one, it had better be medium rare and a decent cut of meat.
    >solid burger
    a burger the size of a hockey puck isn't "solid" (I think hockey pucks are small?...)

>fresh fries
    what in the is fresh about a mound of salty soggy potato

It's the only decent French fries in fast food and they offer malt vinegar and they're a Coca Cola store. The problems:::no milk shakes, and even if they did they wouldn't use Hagen Daz like Smash does so there's that. They've cut the portion(s) of fries and raised the price. They play their ing music much too loud.
    Great burger and fries, IMO.

Expensive? Compared to what?
    what's wrong with you people? And "expensive compared to what?" How bout every other place that gives you a decent sized burger

The reviewers seemed to be expecting some gourmet meal or something.
    maybe no one would expect that if people didn't talk about it as anything more than just another place that sells ty food fast and easy. Biggest difference is you'll pay around $11 there as opposed to around $8 most other places

btw, In N Out is pretty much just as overrated. It seems to be even more beloved than 5 Guys but at least their food is decent. Still overpriced

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You dopes should learn to cook.
    I'm a beast in the kitchen tbh, great on the grill too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The Counter is a ing amazing burger, I just went there tonight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gotta love the snooty lib s who tell us all to "learn to cook" in fast food threads. Some of us enjoy eating out sometimes, gots, get over it.

As for Five Guys, it's really not bad, tbh. The reviewers seemed to be expecting some gourmet meal or something.
    ^

hurr durr if you ever go out to eat you don't know how to cook. The is that , I cook at least 4x a week, and have 2-3 meals of leftovers.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    maybe no one would expect that if people didn't talk about it as anything more than just another place that sells ty food fast and easy. Biggest difference is you'll pay around $11 there as opposed to around $8 most other places
    Oh, I agree, it's overhyped and overpriced, but the food's not bad either. I actually like their fries.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You guys are real spoilt for burger choices. I'm not much into fast food, but am a sucker for burgers big time.

In Australia it's either McDonalds, Burger King or the more boutique burger joints which sting you about $20 for a burger, fries and drink.

I did enjoy In n Out and Shake Shack more than a few times while in the US, tbh

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't care for Five Guys at all. The burger has a decent flavor but the challenge of getting more than 4 bites in before it disintegrates is more than I care to deal with. I'm not a fan of drippy, sloppy burgers that end up in a pile before you're full. I was impressed with the portion of fries until I dumped them out and found nothing but potato "nubs", not long full cut fries----that has happened on both my visits, I will never go there again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Don't care for Five Guys at all. The burger has a decent flavor but the challenge of getting more than 4 bites in before it disintegrates is more than I care to deal with. I'm not a fan of drippy, sloppy burgers that end up in a pile before you're full. I was impressed with the portion of fries until I dumped them out and found nothing but potato "nubs", not long full cut fries----that has happened on both my visits, I will never go there again.
    My " FIVE GUYS" teammate from my old thread strikes again

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Don't care for Five Guys at all. The burger has a decent flavor but the challenge of getting more than 4 bites in before it disintegrates is more than I care to deal with. I'm not a fan of drippy, sloppy burgers that end up in a pile before you're full. {{{I was impressed with the portion of fries until I dumped them out and found nothing but potato "nubs", not long full cut fries----that has happened on both my visits,}}} I will never go there again.
    A lot of grim truth here.

Though I'm fortunate in that I just get a double burger with cheese and nothing else. I want to taste the burger, ipso facto it doesn't end up in the proverbial pile. You're dead on with the fries, and it was not like that when they first got here to the Phoenix metro area. But, it has been that way for a couple years now and that is a shame.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll show you a drippy sloppy burger.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bend over, I'll show you a drippy sloppy burger.

Thread Information