Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    When I first found the site T.D.F.
    Top Do entary Films

It was exciting to find a place dedicated to Do entary films.
    But it didn't take long to discover there seem to be a pattern,theme,or an agenda feel to the place.

Well it didn't take long to discover that was true. I noticed when I would comment on any Do entary not having to do with Life,Science ,or Evolution things went smooth. Yes I had heated discussions but the moderators didn't get involved.

Not the case with the topics of Evolution. For some reason the site guards the comment sections like a mother bear with her newborn cubs.
    I really had no ides the two posters that were going at me were Moderators after all who really looks at the screen name that close.

But in a way I'm ok with that I didn't break any rules but I did point out that TDF Top Do entary Films always seems to have a Do entary about origins of man, How we got here, The way man came a bout, Evolution of man, The ape and us, and so on.... on the front page.

I found that to be odd what are the chances that there is always a Do entary promoting Evolution on the main page.

Well needless to say I was banned and never given a reason why. But I still go there and I still share the Docs on my Face Book.

That brings me to the reason I made this topic. Today as I was looking at some Do entaries I saw one called
    Programming of Life I was amazed all the Docs about Life are located in the Science,Biology, or nature categories, this one was stashed in the

"Conspiracy forum" and I was blown away by the description of the film. Usually the description is just that what the film is about you rarely see a personal opinion. Well not this time. It was like they allowed a Moderator or someone like Bill Maher in charge of the video description.

As I entered the comment section I could see the Mods hard at work defending Evolution. And I was inspired by one of the visitors to the site to call them out It reminded me of days when I was able to practice my free speech.

Here is the link and the description of the film. And you don't have to support Intelligent design or Evolution to admit there is a bias double standard being practiced at TDF a site that at first seemed to be about Do entaries but now has been exposed for its hypocrisy and for having an agenda.

http://topdo entaryfilms.com/programming-life/

Programming of Life
    2011 Home » Conspiracy 951 Comments

Programming of LifeIt is a good deceiving religion do entary film that avoids to mention religion, god, bible, etc. The authors e up the video with science talk in order to attack evolution. They did this by not letting the public know their true intention.

Since at this moment science does not have all the answers to DNA, they insinuate that evolution is wrong and the answer should be some place else. They explain their science from their point of view and do not share the arguments for evolution.

They explain how perfect and wonderful life is and that it could not come by chance. They forgot to explain the imperfections and/or limitations of nature (cancer, shortcomings of the body, etc).

In short, this is a do entary film that promotes ID (Intelligent Design). I think it is good to see their reasoning wrapped up in a slick propaganda video.

From the authors: Programming of Life is a do entary created to engage our scientific community in order to encourage forward thinking.

It looks into scientific theories "scientifically". It examines the heavy weight theory of origins, the chemical and biological theory of evolution, and asks the extremely difficult questions in order to reveal undirected natural process for what it is – a hindrance to true science.

Information is an essential part of our lives. The code that's in every cell, every piece of DNA and all living things. Even though we've made many breakthrough discoveries in science there's still so much more to be discovered.

Watch the full do entary now

the comments....

Comments for this thread are now closed.

951 comments
    Top Do entary Films
    Login

Recommend 1
    Sort by Newest

over the edge Mod • 2 years ago

Carlos

you have made some significant claims. can you back them up with actual demonstrable evidence? i will list the claims so far to remind you.

- " I believe the biblical account of creation because its the only one
    that fits what we see in the Geological and Biological evidences."

-"there are no examples of "evolving", only speciation, which is contradictory to evolution."

-"speciation supports only Creation"

can you back these claims up?
    •
    Share ›
    loseffekt over the edge • 2 years ago

"Rapid" Speciation - Supported by a Biblical creation, see Robert Sarfati- Refuting Evolution 1 &/or 2

As far as geological evidences- I refer you to the work of Steven A. Austin - see "Catastrophic Plate Tectonics"

Biological - "Wonders of the Human Body" lecture by Frank Sherwin
    •
    Share ›
    docoman loseffekt • 2 years ago

Maybe you should have a look at punctuated equilibruim, Niles Eldredge and Stephen Jay.

As for geological evidence, look at any recent textbook.

Wonders of the human body.... hmmm, I wonder if you ever have felt the pain of a sore back because of a bad design if you'd still call it a 'wonderful design'. Great design, BS it's that great. There are many flaws in our design. For seconds if the back isn't enough, look at our appendix. If that doesn't do it for you, have a look at a pic of 'Brad Pitt' and then a mirror and compare what you see and what you'll find others say about that comparison
    •
    Share ›

This comment was deleted.

Quotes from authority establish nothing.
    •
    Share ›
    SunnyWays • 2 years ago

This is a good do entary. It shows how much more we need to/can advance in the process of answering the question: How we came about? Then we'll probably have to answer the 'why' and so on. The quest for knowledge is never ending!! I might one day reach the conclusion that there is a Creator but that will be a conclusion at the end of the search not the beginning! The trouble with most of the people is that they want to give up on the search and agree to the fact that there is a third en y behind creation and that it's omnipotent and the only way you can reach/communicate with that en y is by abandoning all knowledge and going dumb!! And if you are a 'good' person you'll get the best of the lot!!
    I don't really mind religions, they are just a rule book with one master to serve and please or face the wrath of. The trouble is that these servants want to increase their forces!!! I'm not one to join the rank and file!! Never was never will be! The maximum threat to that is that I'll not gain the knowledge I seek and end up searching. Fine by me!
    •
    Share ›
    Just Claudiu • 2 years ago

I love how this video is filed under Conspiracy.
    The summary is full of "they insinuate that evolution is wrong" (actually, they don't, you're the ones that say that),
    and "It is a good deceiving religion do entary" (what exactly in the video did you find "deceiving"?)
    also "They explain their science from their point of view" ("their" science ?... silly me, i tought science is neutral... this must be "religious" science then)
    or "a slick propaganda video".
    "The authors e up the video with science talk in order to attack evolution. They did this by not letting the public know their true intention."
    I guess this was no longer "science", merely "science talk" because, well, you're nothing but biased s with no critical thinking skills.
    "Attack evolution" ? Not really, it doesn't argue *against* evolution. "Attacks my own belief system" is what it should've said.
    "not letting the public know their true intention" ??? Would the scientific reality of this video be less valid based on their "true intention" ?

And you have the nerve to call theists ignorant/arrogant ! Pah !
    •
    Share ›

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Many comments did not fit on the original post.

loseffekt Guest • 2 years ago

That's what evoludiots do really, you try to wrap your head around supernatural events (miracles). You don't know how the information in life was programmed. Its OK. I know, my explanation involves a supernatural being because it makes sense. You don't understand that. Its OK. Gate-Keep much?
    •
    Share ›
    over the edge Mod loseffekt • 2 years ago

calling me names and avoiding answering my questions while providing no verifiable proof for your claims instead of actually debating. that seems fair to you? i actually looked at your suggestions in full and pointed out the flaws in their reasoning. do you plan on doing the same for me?
    •
    Share ›
    RobertAllen1 loseffekt • 2 years ago

All these people are with the Creation Ins ute and have been exposed as frauds by mainstream science, the only science that counts. This makes you a fraud as well.
    •
    Share ›
    loseffekt RobertAllen1 • 2 years ago

Explain "Fraud". Their credentials are false? I seem to think that you mean they are men of science that have strayed from the Materialistic\Naturalistic Priesthood. That's does not make them frauds, it makes them truth seekers, since they were willing to truly investigate ALL options.
    •
    Share ›
    Carlos • 2 years ago

If life as we know it are evolved over time, and the fossil record is 'proof' that we stem from the same thing, where are the TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS? I believe the biblical account of creation because its the only one that fits what we see in the Geological and Biological evidences.
    •
    Share ›
    RobertAllen1 Carlos • 2 years ago

What you believe is only garbage. It's what you can prove--and for your information, ALL forms of life are transitional. In addition to over the edge's recommendation, I suggest you read the wikipedia articles on tiktaalik, anchiornis, troodonts and dromaeosaurids. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and probably never will, as you are no more than an ignorant religee.
    •
    Share ›
    Carlos RobertAllen1 • 2 years ago

lol, you think radiometric dating is reliable... and i'm the i*iot...
    •
    Share ›

Absolutely. The problem is you know nothing about it.
    •
    Share ›

I know nothing about it... quite the assumption. Let me tell you about some more assumptions you believe in if you think radiometric dating is accurate. Radiometric dating is based on 3 MAJOR assumptions:
    1) No Initial Concentration Of Daughter Element
    2) Decay Rates Are ALWAYS Constant
    3) Decay Has Taken Place In A Closed System - No Contamination
    •
    Share ›

Absolutely not! You don't know the first thing about radiometric dating and your knowledge of it comes from what you've cribbed off creationist websites. There's a detailed article on the subject on Wikipedia. Why don't you read it before keyboarding any more of your ignorance?
    •
    Share ›

You've yet to refute my 3 points with facts.... unless when you decry "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" it was supposed to make me believe. I'm Christian, not gullible.
    •
    Share ›
    over the edge Mod Carlos • 2 years ago

please google "transitional fossils" you will be presented with a lifetime of evidence. what id i could show you an observed,repeated and fully do ented example of one species evolving into another species. would that convince you?
    •
    Share ›
    carlos over the edge • 2 years ago

yes it would, show me this proof. truth is, there are no examples of "evolving", only speciation, which is contradictory to evolution.
    •
    Share ›
    RobertAllen1 carlos • 2 years ago

You obviously have no idea what speciation is. Why don't you read about the evolution (and I don't mean on creationist websites) before keyboarding any further ignorance?
    •
    Share ›

Rapid speciation is supported by the Biblical creation account. Since Creation and evolution are diametrically opposed, speciation supports only Creation if YOU understand it correctly.
    •
    Share ›

Your problem is that you don't understand speciation at all, much less basic biology. Now once again, SPECIATION FORMS A PART OF EVOLUTION. What about that is beyond your comprehension?
    •
    Share ›
    over the edge Mod carlos • 2 years ago

why would you say "there are no examples of "evolving", only speciation, which is contradictory to evolution." ? it is exactly what is claimed by the theory. as for my example i give you "the long term e-coli evolution experiment" where one species through a series of mutations evolved into another.
    •
    Share ›
    Carlos over the edge • 2 years ago

Show me the experiment where e-coli has evolved in to a fish, or a dog or anything else than e-coli.
    •
    Share ›

Your statement reveals that you have no idea how evolution works, that you are completely ignorant of basic biology, including what a species is and phylogeny Furthermore, you place your bible where even the order of creation is wrong over science which makes you idiotic and pathetic.
    •
    Share ›

Name calling. Is that what they teach in your ins utes of higher learning? Speaking of Pathetic...
    •
    Share ›

No, they educate us. Now, what's your story?
    •
    Share ›

and by the way using multiple names is against the comment policy. please do not change it again.
    •
    Share ›
    over the edge Mod Carlos • 2 years ago

that is not what i offered or what you said that was required to convince you. not one of your posts has backed up your claims, you have offered absolutely no evidence for claims, you have provided absolutely nothing as a refutations of evolution or the claims/evidence of others and you display the characteristics of someone who does not understand the subject in which you are discussing. please answer my direct question above and explain why the e-coli experiment isn;t exactly what is claimed by the theory
    •
    Share ›
    loseffekt over the edge • 2 years ago

What other planets does E-coli exist on? What other planets has life spontaneously erupted out of molecules? Where else in our solar system (i'll narrow it down for you) has INFORMATION come out of randomness? The problem is sir, that YOU have no EVIDENCE. For your THEORIES to hold water they must then be duplicated or repeated. Life has not 'happened' anywhere else... or has it? Answer wisely lest we truly see who's wearing the tin-foil hat.
    •
    Share ›

You don't even know the first thing about information. The problem, sir, is that you are woefully ignorant of science.
    •
    Share ›

i thought we were discussing evolution? now you go off on some rant. but even though you refuse to answer direct questions and when shown to be wrong you change the question. but one last time i will address your posts. but i will not after this post until you actually address my statements and questions in some detail as i have

-"What other planets does E-coli exist on" i do not know and any answer to that question does nothing yo challenge evolution.

- " What other planets has life spontaneously erupted out of molecules" i do not know and where does the theory of evolution claim that (hint it doesn't)

-" has INFORMATION come out of randomness" where does evolution claim that. that is nonsense

-"YOU have no EVIDENCE. For your THEORIES" i provided evidence but you have yet to address it

-" to hold water they must then be duplicated or repeated." the example i gave you has been repeated

-"Life has not 'happened' anywhere else... or has it?" i do not know and that has nothing to do with the theory of evolution
    see more
    •
    Share ›
    Anam Paiseanta • 2 years ago

Religious ( closed minded dogmatic acceptance of a gospel handed down by a chosen authority) belief is for the unintelligent even when your priests are scientists.
    •
    Share ›
    Johanna Anam Paiseanta • 2 years ago

Sometimes authority is given, and sometimes authority is earned. There is a huge difference between faith and scientific rigor, however many do not distinguish between the faith driven arguments and the rationale driven arguments. Scientific rigor implies an anti dogmatic approach and requires criticism for acceptance of a theory, while faith requires the assumption of particular truths regardless of whether those truths are compatible with the natural world. It is very disheartening however, that even if science is fundamentally not religion, many treat it as such, and blindly give over authority where authority should essentially be earned.
    •
    Share ›
    RobertAllen1 Johanna • 2 years ago

Care to provide an example or two?
    •
    Share ›
    Johanna RobertAllen1 • 2 years ago

Sure, in regards to which statement I made?
    •
    Share ›
    RobertAllen1 Johanna • 2 years ago

"It is very disheartening however, that even if science is fundamentally not religion, many treat it as such, and blindly give over authority where authority should essentially be earned."
    •
    Share ›
    pumbaas_liferaft • 2 years ago

A note to the religious posters here, there and every where. Most people like myself who don't believe in god are happy to discuss and debate the beginnings of life with any body with a reasonable sounding argument. ID is fine, but it drags along religion, ID by itself is quite defensible taken in the right context. However once brought into the context of the bible it becomes ridiculous. Once you accept logical arguments into your beliefs you are going to have to accept that Jesus was not born from a virgin, he was not the son of god any more than any one else is and he definitely didn't come back from the dead.
    •
    Share ›
    DocViewer • 2 years ago

Those who adhere to a purely naturalistic explanation for the existence
    of life, are left struggling to find mechanisms to create such a
    sophisticated information source...

LOLOLOLOL....Yeah cause they don't give up thinking and just say "It must be magic!"
    •
    Share ›
    Road Hammer • 2 years ago

Theosophey is a science.....right? So God bless everyone
    •
    Share ›
    RobertAllen1 Road Hammer • 2 years ago

Theosophy [note spelling]--Madame Blavatsky, a bigger phony never existed.
    •
    Share ›
    Religious people are scary. • 2 years ago

I am quite afraid of those truly religious, because in order for someone to believe in any one religion, something clearly has to be amiss in their brain. This was my view as a child, and it remains my view today.
    There is no point in arguing with (most) religious people, as they simply cannot follow logic, due to some faulty mechanism in their brain.
    No matter what evidence and logic you may bring to the table, it is of no importance, simply due to the fact that these two aspects of life is of no interest to them. I am of the belief that (most) religious people are mentally ill, and thus they do scare me. Just like someone with severe schizophrenia does.

How religious people dare demand respect for showing a remarkable lack of logic and critical thinking is beyond me. God is equal to Santa and the Easter Bunny. Get over it as a child or be ridiculed. Or do you believe in them, as well? Considering one can't prove they do not exist? Dragons, witches, wizards, magic, tooth fairy, boogeyman?
    If you do not believe in all of the above mentioned, and much more, and you are religious, you're nothing but a hypocrite. A stupid one, at that.
    •
    Share ›
    Carlos Religious people are scary. • 2 years ago

People are always afraid of what they do not understand, its natural. Just because you do not understand it does not make it possible. (Or correct)
    •
    Share ›

Religious people are scary understands it quite well. It's you who understands it as well as you understand biology.
    •
    Share ›
    Betterthanyou • 2 years ago

Why do people hate God so much? Einstein believed in god. Nikola Tesla believed in God. It is not against God to understand science and live a life of knowledge. Many scientific discoveries have been made by Christians. Stop attacking valid scientific questions and theories just because it happens to fall within the creationist realm. There are NO FACTS about the origin of life. As soon as there is hard evidence, then we can throw the invalid theories out the window. But at this point, evolution and the big bang are just as much a theory as anything else.
    •
    Share ›
    Ellise • 2 years ago

I think that the only conspiracy here is the implication in the description that the evolution theory is the truth and must not be questioned..
    "it's not up to us to just prove a given theory, it's up to the theory to prove itself against the laws of science. "
    so true! As science evolves, more and more evidence is coming up which does not fit with the Darwinian evolution theory. These facts should not be ignored so that the theory fits, the theory should be changed so that it fits with the facts!
    Why are people so desperately holding on to the evolution theory as the only explanation to origins of life? I'ts just a theory, and not a very likely theory either.
    Unless we know something for sure, we should be free to speculate about it. And the truth is that no one really knows the origins of life, therefore all theories should be equally accepted. Not labeled as "conspiracy" because it doesn't fit with the mainstream theory...
    •
    Share ›
    Guest • 2 years ago

Hey everyone, just one question. When we start cloning people, will the creator be called God or just MiniGod?
    •
    Share ›
    Dave Cooney • 2 years ago

I got sucked into this from the discussion board for a Coursea,org class about Genetics. My radar was down, yea a few hints at the start that this might be an ID vid. They stick with the facts and then in the last ten minutes bring out the come to Jesus moment-sheep clothing, beware they are getting better.
    •
    Share ›
    Just Claudiu • 2 years ago

“Biologists’ investigation of DNA has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce [life], that intelligence must have been involved.”
    Richard N. Ostling, “Lifelong atheist changes mind about divine creator,”
    “It has become inordinately difficult even to begin to think about constructing a naturalistic theory of the evolution of that first reproducing organism.”
    Antony Flew, “Letter from Antony Flew on Darwinism and Theology,”
    “I have been persuaded that it is simply out of the question that the first living matter evolved out of dead matter and then developed into an extraordinarily complicated creature.”
    Stuart Wavell and Will Iredale, “Sorry, says atheist-in-chief, I do believe in God after all,”
    A code system is always the result of a mental process… It should be emphasized that matter as such is unable to generate any code. All experiences indicate that a thinking being voluntarily exercising his own free will, cognition, and creativity, is required… There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to information, neither is any physical process or material phenomenon known that can do this.
    Werner Gitt, "In the Beginning Was Information"
    •
    Share ›
    RobertAllen1 Just Claudiu • 2 years ago

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Never heard of them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ugh... Nobody cares.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Ugh... Nobody cares.

They don't have to just as long as they know about it .

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ugh... Nobody cares.
    How in the do you know what others care about? Here you are, right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Do you care?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You can't expect a supporter of Darwin to care about mistreatment of a non supporter of Evolution.

That would be like a vegetarian caring that a meat eater got banned from using the salad bar after being caught trying to add A slim Jim to the caesar salad.

Trust me of it was the other way around and one of them got banned by some bible thumping Jesus freak moderator because he brings up Evolution at a Chick Fil A Facebook page they would be outside holding signs God loves s

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don't expect anyone here to care

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    tl;dr

don't care

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ugh... Nobody cares.
    I don't expect anyone here to care
    tl;dr

don't care

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Sorry to be the one to have tell Moe Larry and Curly ^ above how the www works..

But the topic was not targeted for the sophisticated great deep thinkers of the Club
    this forum was just a way to hot link the topic to be read on Facebook or private messaged to a member at TDF
    It just needs to show up on Google.

So the well educated ones like ohmwrecker and Blake should keep that in mind when they think only ST is witnessing thier lack of maturity and knowledge online.

Thread Information