My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Going by WARP, which makes the most sense to me since not all minutes/games are equal (LeBron missing 35 mpg will have more impact than two role players missing a combined 35 mpg), here are the 10 teams most hurt by injuries this year:

1) Indiana
    2) OKC
    3) Minnesota
    4) New Orleans
    5) Miami
    6) SA
    6) Houston (tied with SA)
    8) Sacramento
    9) Chicago
    10) Cleveland

We're 3rd in the league this year in SRS...so doing that while dealing with significant injuries + having a bit of championship hangover is fairly impressive IMO. Regardless, interesting information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a team whose medical staff and progressive use of technology is so revered by the rest of the NBA, the Spurs sure are injury-prone. IIRC, we were near the top of this list last year as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a team whose medical staff and progressive use of technology is so revered by the rest of the NBA, the Spurs sure are injury-prone. IIRC, we were near the top of this list last year as well.
    A few things:

1) We're one of the oldest teams in the league. Older players are typically less durable and take longer to recover from injuries

2) We're one of the most cautious teams in the league. We hold guys back in situations where a lot of teams (*cough*OKC*cough*) would just go ahead and play them anyways. We constantly sit guys in b2b situations. Sometimes Pop will just flat-out give a guy the night off just for a break.

3) When it comes down to it, sometimes injuries are out of a staff's control. I don't think having a better training staff could've prevented Patty Mills from missing the first half of this season with his injury. I don't think having a better training staff would prevent Kawhi from getting an eye infection or having a freak hand injury.

One team whose staff I do envy though: Phoenix.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    A few things:

1) We're one of the oldest teams in the league. Older players are typically less durable and take longer to recover from injuries

2) We're one of the most cautious teams in the league. We hold guys back in situations where a lot of teams (*cough*OKC*cough*) would just go ahead and play them anyways. We constantly sit guys in b2b situations. Sometimes Pop will just flat-out give a guy the night off just for a break.

3) When it comes down to it, sometimes injuries are out of a staff's control. I don't think having a better training staff could've prevented Patty Mills from missing the first half of this season with his injury. I don't think having a better training staff would prevent Kawhi from getting an eye infection or having a freak hand injury.

Number one doesn't really apply. Tim Duncan, the oldest Spur missed a grand total of zero games due to injury while the youngest Spur, Kawhi Leonard, has missed 18. Also, both Tony Parker and Leonard came back from injuries too soon. It took Tony nearly two months to fully recover and Leonard missed an additional 16 games. So much for being cautious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things:

I'm gonna guess Phoenix is at the bottom of this list practically every season. The work they do is unbelievable, and this stat proves it!

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams that have advanced far into the playoffs last year rank high on this list, which shouldn't be a surprise. Spurs players have played between 10 to 25% more games every year than players on a lottery team. Quite a few Spurs players have played the equivalent of an extra 2-3 regular seasons just in the playoffs.

Thread Information