Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Following the 2013 Finals, the majority of this forum(yes, the majority) turned on Manu Ginobili for his putrid Finals performance..he was absolutely awful, probably the worst player on the floor, and deserved all the criticism he received from the media and fans IMO..

However, despite being a consistent playoff performer that virtually always elevated his game in the playoffs for the Spurs from 2003 to 2011(and last year, of course), SpursTalk turned their backs on him..personal insults, trade demands, an abundance of hateful threads, the forum was littered with negative Manu talk, tbh..

It reached the point where posters joined SpursTalk with shticks that were entirely devoted to baiting Ginobili fans(some of them still post here, tbh)..

Despite all this, Manu's fans took it like men, no complaints, they accepted the hate and while they defended their man, they weren't sensitive or emotional about it..most of them actually agreed with the criticism and some even dished it out, too..

They were confident that Ginobili would step up and redeem himself, and he did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never had a doubt. He's a special talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check My avi op...

agreed 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is out there busting his butt at 37 years old. His play last year got us over the top as opposing teams could not match the bench firepower - which he really orchestrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, SpursTalk has a couple of anti-Parker threads because he's playing poorly, probably about 5% of the hate Manu received in 2013, and all these fans are crying about wanting to leave the forum and fans being unappreciative..

I actually felt bad for Manu fans in 2013, tbh, I've never seen a player receive so much hate from his own fanbase..not to mention all the Cavs fans that were cheering against Lebron that became Manu haters(JoeYacht, etc)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know that thing about Manu, even when he is having a bad game..you can tell he is competing...He's not like one of those players when their shots aren't falling, it affects their whole game..Same with Kawhi and TD.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd best spurs of all time tbh.

OP do you agree? It's really hard choosing him over Drob, but Manu has and always been a winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep credit to El Nono for sticking with his guy but also being reasonable.

I've seen Enrique fans do nothing but deflect, deflect, deflect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd best spurs of all time tbh.

OP do you agree? It's really hard choosing him over Drob, but Manu has and always been a winner.
    Nah, tbh..D-Rob was a monster and his game would translate well today IMO..

Manu is 3rd, though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It reached the point where posters joined SpursTalk with shticks that were entirely devoted to baiting Ginobili fans(some of them still post here, tbh)..
    Impossible. No new accounts sans tspence have been approved since prior to 2013 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep credit to El Nono for sticking with his guy but also being reasonable.

I've seen Enrique fans do nothing but deflect, deflect, deflect.
    I wanna be pumped about the post TD era, but Parker for three years...SMDH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite all this, Manu's fans took it like men, no complaints, they accepted the hate and while they defended their man, they weren't sensitive or emotional about it..most of them actually agreed with the criticism and some even dished it out, too..
    Love the subtle here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, tbh..D-Rob was a monster and his game would translate well today IMO..

Manu is 3rd, though..
    Yah maybe it's also that I only caught Drob at the twilight of his career. Im a big manu tbh second to nono only.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is KBL posting videos tbh? Always thought of him as a big manu fan.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Gotta hand it to the Client, he's always been an alpha and wasn't totally done by age 32 unlike certain other Spurs players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanna be pumped about the post TD era, but Parker for three years...SMDH
    WCF, Finals, Championship ->
    You done cliff jumping bro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weird, I remember Kool being stout defending Gino from the haters back when the Gino hate was strong...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, SpursTalk has a couple of anti-Parker threads because he's playing poorly, probably about 5% of the hate Manu received in 2013, and all these fans are crying about wanting to leave the forum and fans being unappreciative..

I actually felt bad for Manu fans in 2013, tbh, I've never seen a player receive so much hate from his own fanbase..not to mention all the Cavs fans that were cheering against Lebron that became Manu haters(JoeYacht, etc)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is KBL posting videos tbh? Always thought of him as a big manu fan.
    Parker groupie, imo. Dude seems really hurt tonight, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weird, I remember Kool being stout defending Gino from the haters back when the Gino hate was strong...
    He also agreed with me back then with TD and Manu being the 2 greatest spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Following the 2013 Finals, the majority of this forum(yes, the majority) turned on Manu Ginobili for his putrid Finals performance..he was absolutely awful, probably the worst player on the floor, and deserved all the criticism he received from the media and fans IMO..

However, despite being a consistent playoff performer that virtually always elevated his game in the playoffs for the Spurs from 2003 to 2011(and last year, of course), SpursTalk turned their backs on him..personal insults, trade demands, an abundance of hateful threads, the forum was littered with negative Manu talk, tbh..

They were confident that Ginobili would step up and redeem himself, and he did
    Makes a lot of sense for the worst Parker-basher in the forum to post this. Lol. "Hey guys remember when everyone was hating on Manu (like I'm doing with Parker)? Well props to you guys who stuck with him!"

Thread Information