Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://projectspurs.com/2015-article...mpionship.html
    Interesting that he made up his mind this fast especially knowing how compe ive he is and how much he loves playing for his NT. I wonder if this is any indication that he wants to play another year or two for the Spurs or if he wants to call his career quits. To me the only reason he wouldn't play for them (especially knowing how angry he was last summer he couldn't play) is the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the qualifier... so it was somewhat expected. But good news anyways. Hopefully it does mean 3-4 more seasons with the Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope it means he'll be back next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news

Sadly we won't hear the same about Bobo and Tony since they have confirmed their participation in EuroBasket 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the qualifier... so it was somewhat expected. But good news anyways. Hopefully it does mean 3-4 more seasons with the Spurs...
    you think he has that much in the tank or you thinking in terms of percentage points?

good news though especially if he comes back. his hand/eye coordination is still beyond elite, i don't see that diminishing anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good.

I want him to stay for another three years to provide playmaking, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he stays in SA 3 or 4 more years but maybe one more or so, good news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah 3 or 4 is pushing it, but definitely wouldn't mind him returning for 1-2 more years. Same with Tim, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you think he has that much in the tank or you thinking in terms of percentage points?

good news though especially if he comes back. his hand/eye coordination is still beyond elite, i don't see that diminishing anytime soon.
    I was mostly trolling, but no complains if he wants to play for that much longer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news. Unfortunately, it seems Parker won't do the same even after the Spurs FO gifted him that overly generous extension last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I am concerned Manu (like Timmy) can play as long as he wants! He earned it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is amazing for his age - his still has the desire to play well and win. I will be happy to see our "three Amigos" out there again next year. I hope it happens. I'm afraid next year will be it for Manu and Tim, but no one can play forever. Appreciate them now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given Brazil and the U.S. are both already qualified for Rio 2016, Argentina would enter this summer as favorites to grab one of the two qualifying spots, and there are still spots to be had even if they don't make it this summer.

I still think Manu has a year to go after this and will end his career at the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://projectspurs.com/2015-article...mpionship.html
    Interesting that he made up his mind this fast especially knowing how compe ive he is and how much he loves playing for his NT. I wonder if this is any indication that he wants to play another year or two for the Spurs or if he wants to call his career quits. To me the only reason he wouldn't play for them (especially knowing how angry he was last summer he couldn't play) is the Spurs.
    I think both he and Duncan play another year. I see both hanging up their boots next year, no matter what the outcome. If Manu wasn't coming back, he would be playing for the NT.

Duncan, by far has been the Spurs most consistent player this year. He is also seems to be having a good time this year. He will be back for another as well. What secure that for me, is when Pop signed that extension a couple of years ago.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given Brazil and the U.S. are both already qualified for Rio 2016, Argentina would enter this summer as favorites to grab one of the two qualifying spots, and there are still spots to be had even if they don't make it this summer.

I still think Manu has a year to go after this and will end his career at the Olympics.
    My thoughts exactly. The Olympics will be his final gig, where he will be going out in a gusto. He's coming back just to be rhythm for them if anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's far from a sure thing Argentina will qualify to the Brazil olympics. The current team is not very good, tbh... although they might get an invite from FIBA if they can't qualify.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://projectspurs.com/2015-article...ing-hurts.html

I don't know. Some of the things I've read here about everything hurting all the time and basketball is not as a big priority anymore I see him retiring at the end of the season. Enjoy the last few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Manu plays for free next year, would be the most selfless act of kindness towards the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will he play for Lebron this summer?

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like Manu is really feeling the aches and pains now. He has never
    brought up talk like this before about how hard it is to play now. I hate to see it
    but this must be his last season. I will always remember Manu as the player he was
    after a couple of years with the Spurs no matter how he ends his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna be bittersweet watching the guys lifting that LOB trophy, knowing Manu won't ever play again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense, because Manu is an all-time Spurs great, but this season is the worst he has ever looked. I'd be surprised if he played another season, especially if we won the le again. I don't see why he would play for the National team. It's time for them to move on and give their younger talent a chance.

Thread Information