Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin tumbles as cryptocurrency sell-off intensifies

Cryptocurrencies plunged on Friday,

with bitcoin at one point sliding below $8,000 and

headed for its biggest weekly loss since December 2013,

as worries about a regulatory clampdown globally sent investors scrambling to sell.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN1FM11M

regulations? how about numberous THEFTS of bitcoins in th many $10Ms?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the Coincheck hack means for the future of blockchain security

The plunder of more than $500 million worth of digital coinsfrom the Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck last week has

added to a growing perception that

cryptocurrencies are particularly vulnerable to hackers.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...hain-security/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case you guys weren't paying attention, today would have been a good day to buy bit coin.
    Closed at $11,4167 the day you posted this.

Closed at $6,427 yesterday.

Great advice. I hope you took it yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin Ban Expands Across Credit Cards as Big U.S. Banks Recoil

A growing number of big U.S. credit-card issuers are deciding they don’t want to finance a falling knife.

Allowing purchases of cryptocurrencies can create big headaches for lenders, which can be left on the hook if a borrower bets wrong and can’t repay.

There’s also the risk that thieves will abuse cards that were purloined or based on stolen iden ies, turning them into crypto hoards.

Banks also are required by regulators to monitor customer transactions for signs of money laundering --

which isn’t as easy once dollars are converted into digital coins.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-credit-cards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol even Putin himself warned the world about this crash a month ago

the idiots that though buying was a good idea

I am definitely dropping 25k on it in about 1 month when it hits close to bottom. Itsgona go back up slowly for a hit before free falling again. Good money to be made

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol even Putin himself warned the world about this crash a month ago

the idiots that though buying was a good idea

I am definitely dropping 25k on it in about 1 month when it hits close to bottom. Itsgona go back up slowly for a hit before free falling again. Good money to be made
    be careful and make sure it has established strong support. Too often people try to catch a falling knife.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    As far as I can tell, coin is no different than Pet Rocks, Pogs or fidget spinners, tbh. It's a fad that dumbasses are blowing their money on because they've convinced themselves it has enduring value. Why anyone thinks that wasted processing power has value is beyond me. Especially when it's such a waste of electricity.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well it’s not that simple it’s decentralized money except at this stage it can’t be used as money so people are speculating on if it can be improved upon and widely adopted or instead which other coin will come along and fill that role. It’s speculation but based on a real idea (decentralized currency) whereas a pet rock will always be a rock. Basically bitcoin is a work in progress at this point and we are all betting on whether or not it can succeed (scalability, adoption, etc)

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Oh, and before anyone says "but, but, muh blockchain" - it's been a decade and still nobody has come up with a practical use for the blockchain or a reason why the average person would ever want or need to use one:

https://hackernoon.com/ten-years-in-...in-ee98c180100

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Well it’s not that simple it’s decentralized money except at this stage it can’t be used as money so people are speculating on if it can be improved upon and widely adopted or instead which other coin will come along and fill that role. It’s speculation but based on a real idea (decentralized currency) whereas a pet rock will always be a rock. Basically bitcoin is a work in progress at this point and we are all betting on whether or not it can succeed (scalability, adoption, etc)
    I still don't see the upside in throwing tons of money away on the hope that a bunch of useless and resource-hogging computer calculations become a viable currency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I can tell, coin is no different than Pet Rocks, Pogs or fidget spinners, tbh. It's a fad that dumbasses are blowing their money on because they've convinced themselves it has enduring value. Why anyone thinks that wasted processing power has value is beyond me. Especially when it's such a waste of electricity.
    The tchnology is solid qnd ell thought out. Thus why even th banking system is considering copycating it

The best thing about bitcoin is it still a good form of payment even if it goes full underground. It will never dinmark my words

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I still don't see the upside in throwing tons of money away on the hope that a bunch of useless and resource-hogging computer calculations become a viable currency.
    Well the resource hogging calculations are just for mining purposes and I think 75% of bitcoins have already been mined. That’s like saying mining gold costs resources so gold is pointless. The key is scalability, making it cheaper and faster to make transactions. If bitcoin can’t do it the some other coin will, actually some already have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with digital currencies are that they are just a unique number created by an algorithm. Any smart mathematician can create a new algorithm.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The problem with digital currencies are that they are just a unique number created by an algorithm. Any smart mathematician can create a new algorithm.
    well you have to offer a solution to something or else your new coins isn’t going to be adopted by anyone
    Last edited by Mark Celibate; 02-06-2018 at 12:47 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dont listen to cuck advice, now sure I wouldn’t advise daytrading it but people are saying the market is going to hit 2-12 trillion this year. I’m going to hold about 10 different coins and try to minimize trading and mostly hold tight.
    Still holding?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah of course. ETH is still hovering around where it was December 31. Anyone who buys high and sells low won’t get very far. Either you believe in the technology or you don’t. Only thing I’m down on are a couple of my altcoins.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And we are not talking about huge sums of money, I wouldn’t put in any more than you’re prepared to lose outright.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Closed at $11,4167 the day you posted this.

Closed at $6,427 yesterday.

Great advice. I hope you took it yourself.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That’s up there with shaqondudley.jpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope

Its a shared public accounting book that is tottaly descentralized thus immune to any government/bank control

Its a great thing and hopefulky the future of humanity

But its not a wealth or savings vehicle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a difference between the blockchain technology and the hundreds of invented currencies.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well for one there’s multiple generations of blockchain, truly anonymous coins like monero, IOTA Which doesn’t use blockchain at all but uses something called tangle. It’s not just hundredsof identical coins.

Thread Information