Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over 7 FGMs or FTs, Parker gave the last pass on 4, 2 from Green and one was Kawhi creating for himself... but parker does not like him tbh... he was obliged

dominant stretch from Kawhi
    The only knock on Tony right now is that he needs to put together a 48 mins game. He was great in the 2nd half, but he stunk up the joint in the 1st half. If he can get that down, he will have completed his road to recovery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only knock on Tony right now is that he needs to put together a 48 mins game. He was great in the 2nd half, but he stunk up the joint in the 1st half. If he can get that down, he will have completed his road to recovery.
    I agree; however, most of the time we don't need him to play well Ever quarter. So long as he gives us one great quarter,
    primarily the 4th. I get it though, a full 48 will only make us that much tougher as his penetration is key to our offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have a 20 point or even a 30 point quarter..

But some players are really talented in terms of stealing the limelight..

it is what it is.

Some players like kawhi are team players some are not...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have a 20 point or even a 30 point quarter..

But some players are really talented in terms of stealing the limelight..

it is what it is.

Some players like kawhi are team players some are not...
    I agree to an extent, but when playing teams like Memphis splitters inside scoring is vital! So I'm ok with splitter stealing some of kawhis shots. It resulted in a W so I'll take it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree; however, most of the time we don't need him to play well Ever quarter. So long as he gives us one great quarter,
    primarily the 4th. I get it though, a full 48 will only make us that much tougher as his penetration is key to our offense.
    LOL. New motto for Tony, "Just give us one good quarter...and try to make it the 4th." It's a good thing he doesn't start.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You do realize he's making $43 million, right? Only showing up for one quarter at the most isn't good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize he's making $43 million, right? Only showing up for one quarter at the most isn't good enough.
    Parker can be ty in three of 4 quarters...But other players can't..

Talk about accountability.

This guy is getting free passes just as much as Blake's wife getting free s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe making 50 million soley to pass Jordan in the scoring column. Whatever works for their org. I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe making 50 million soley to pass Jordan in the scoring column. Whatever works for their org. I guess.
    Kobe 2015 and Parker 2015 is a great comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker can be ty in three of 4 quarters...But other players can't..

Talk about accountability.

This guy is getting free passes just as much as Blake's wife getting free s.
    The difference is if parker has a bad game, there's a good chance we can still win. If leonard has a bad game, we lose. KL has more responsibility on this team winning/losing IMHO. No player fan here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe 2015 and Parker 2015 is a great comparison.
    Not really. One has another chance to ring this year.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has nothing to do with points. It has to do with the ridiculousness of the whole situation...15 straight points on perfect shooting and they go away from him bc a 32 yr old, experienced vet with nothing to prove feels like he needs to go into 'closer' mode? Please.
    Nah, you're just mad that your favorite player got his streak snapped and your least favorite player played well at the end of the game. Immediately following Kawhi's streak, the Spurs got 8 points on 3 possessions (Tony and-1, Danny jumper, Tiago and-1). Yet you still complain. Christ almighty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you're just mad that your favorite player got his streak snapped and your least favorite player played well at the end of the game. Immediately following Kawhi's streak, the Spurs got 8 points on 3 possessions (Tony and-1, Danny jumper, Tiago and-1). Yet you still complain. Christ almighty.
    Exactly, and extended the lead from 10 to 16 points in less than two minutes while involving the other four players on the floor. In other words, Spurs basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I call him the least best passer.
    Tony is the second best French passer on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at the game, row 23 section 128, after he nailed the third shot of course I had to yell he's on fire... One of those shots I was like nooooo... As soon as he caught the ball on the baseline he spun into a fade away jumper swish.... Then I yelled damn kawhi it's like that? It was such a fluid shot, in a hearbeat. When he capped off his run with the 3, crowd was euphoric.

Parker looked excellent, to me, his movement, like ok it's about time to get serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is going to have to close for the Spurs in the near future. Until then he needs to have his moments here or there where he closes to build up his confidence. Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to allow for one of those moments.

It has nothing to do with points. It has to do with the ridiculousness of the whole situation...15 straight points on perfect shooting and they go away from him bc a 32 yr old, experienced vet with nothing to prove feels like he needs to go into 'closer' mode? Please.
    That's not how it went down though... They went to Kawhi again and he missed, and then Spurs just started playing their free wheeling offense. The movement, the passing up shots for better one for teammates.

What the heck do you want, just keep force feeding him? Man... The Spurs are a team where everyone chips in... Tony didnt decide to just stop going to KL, on some hidden agenda tip... It just stopped being the best option. It was great to see everyone get involved after Kl offense, droppex the Grizzly guard.

Spurs looked easily superior to the Griz... Kl on Conley, man... I imagined being Conley for a moment, Kl arms stretched out and aggressive, it was terryfying haha
    Last edited by Yuixafun; 03-30-2015 at 02:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair he is having a stretch of consistent games lately, yesterday he was down first half no doubt but it happens. Overall he has to be credited with a good game even though a bit up and down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his only value is defense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair he is having a stretch of consistent games lately, yesterday he was down first half no doubt but it happens. Overall he has to be credited with a good game even though a bit up and down
    He's had these problems with consistency in the last few games, tbh, it's not isolated to just this one. The exception is probably the OKC game, IIRC, where he did have a very good, rounded game.

That's why I'm saying he's definitely on the road to recovery, completely agree he should be lauded for turning things around, he was a s of his former self just two months ago.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's had these problems with consistency in the last few games, tbh, it's not isolated to just this one. The exception is probably the OKC game, IIRC, where he did have a very good, rounded game.

That's why I'm saying he's definitely on the road to recovery, completely agree he should be lauded for turning things around, he was a s of his former self just two months ago.
    Pretender to contender. I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    n Enrique had to stop the run, jealous POS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    n Enrique had to stop the run, jealous POS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honestly when compared with two months ago, I would have signed in a heartbeat to get this version of Parker... he is coming back from one of worst nba starter to productive nba starter and he has a bit of time still to be more consistent. I think this Parker version plus a bit of conditioning is ok to be contender, bobo and tiago are also back, now and as mentioned by Harlem in his Malik account version, Patty and 3 pts shooting are the main areas still behind so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put together this little highlight reel of Kawhi's run. Thought you guys would enjoy it.

Cool vid. Thanks for posting.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurfans = happy with a Spurs win and good team performance

Agenda Krew =

Thread Information