Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it'll really matter. The Spurs will win round 1 no matter which of the possibilities they match up against.

And rounds 2 and 3 will likely be the same no matter who they play in round 1:

1. Rockets in round 2 and Warriors in round 3 or
    2. Warriors in round 2 and Rockets in round 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or make the playoffs at all.

I was hoping for a Suns/Rockets/Thunder/Heat path to the le last year and got half of my wish. It would have been the ultimate revenge tour; the Spurs had lost to each of those teams the last time they met in the playoffs (Suns 2010, Rockets 1995, Thunder 2012, Heat 2013).

If the Spurs had beaten all of those teams, they would have won the most recent playoff series against every team in the West. Same for the East if you count Finals-only matchups, that would exclude series from the '70s (when the Spurs were in the East) like those against the Sixers and Bullets/Wizards.
    Your knowledge of our lore is strong. Playoff revenge against the Bullets is my white whale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow seems like a lot of you guys are scared of Houston... are you guys having flashbacks of 2012 or something? lol. For some reason I feel like if Kawhi or Green can shut Harden down it should be an easy series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it'll really matter. The Spurs will win round 1 no matter which of the possibilities they match up against.

And rounds 2 and 3 will likely be the same no matter who they play in round 1:

1. Rockets in round 2 and Warriors in round 3 or
    2. Warriors in round 2 and Rockets in round 3.
    I disagree, tbh..

A series vs. Houston or the Clippers would be grueling, and furthermore, while I believe the Warriors are heavy favorites and will win their 1st round matchup regardless, I'd much rather see them in a bracket that features the Rockets/Clippers, rather than the Grizzlies/Blazers/Mavs..

Portland is the easy answer, btw..no decent perimeter defenders, inconsistent shooting, no bench, jump shooting team, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow seems like a lot of you guys are scared of Houston... are you guys having flashbacks of 2012 or something? lol. For some reason I feel like if Kawhi or Green can shut Harden down it should be an easy series
    A series with Harden's officiating is frightening, tbh..

We will all want to kill ourselves after game 1..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Grizzlies really struggle to beat the Spurs. I'd least like Houston. I think in a seven game series they'd figure out Harden, but that's a tricky team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't really matter. You wanna be the best you gotta beat whoever is in your way. And we definitely can beat whoever gets in the way. In the mix for six!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland
    Memphis
    LAC
    Houston
    GS

In that order

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A series with Harden's officiating is frightening, tbh..

We will all want to kill ourselves after game 1..
    Yeah somehow he manages to get some BS ticky tack fouls with his slow drives to the basket...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis and hope the sa sweep would bring marc over
    My thoughts exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland: no bench, no chance

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland or Memphis, clearly.

I'd want to avoid Houston at all costs because we all know (given previous experience with OKC) how badly the refs can screw us up when we play one of their primadonnas. And Harden is THE primadonna.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland or Memphis, clearly.

I'd want to avoid Houston at all costs because we all know (given previous experience with OKC) how badly the refs can screw us up when we play one of their primadonnas. And Harden is THE primadonna.
    I'd probably rather have Houston slightly over Clippers. Can't see McHale out doing Pop over 7 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Spurs playing extremely well to finish the season, I really can't blame you guys for feeling confident that the Spurs will reach the Finals again. Personally, I just hope that, by the end of the regular season, the Spurs will be in the bracket that will only make them face GSW in the WCF. It will surely be to our advantage if other WC playoff teams take out GSW for us. I just think GSW is the biggest threat to the Spurs getting that elusive back-to-back championship. We faced them like 2 years ago and they played very well in the first two or three games. Yes, Spurs beat them in that series but Curry and Thompson have become way better players since then. And also despite this season being Kerr's first, I think he and Alvin Gentry are very good coaches. That's why they're the best team right now, record-wise.

But a SAS vs GSW in the conference finals? That would be a classic, nerve-wracking series, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Spurs playing extremely well to finish the season, I really can't blame you guys for feeling confident that the Spurs will reach the Finals again. Personally, I just hope that, by the end of the regular season, the Spurs will be in the bracket that will only make them face GSW in the WCF. It will surely be to our advantage if other WC playoff teams take out GSW for us. I just think GSW is the biggest threat to the Spurs getting that elusive back-to-back championship. We faced them like 2 years ago and they played very well in the first two or three games. Yes, Spurs beat them in that series but Curry and Thompson have become way better players since then. And also despite this season being Kerr's first, I think he and Alvin Gentry are very good coaches. That's why they're the best team right now, record-wise.

But a SAS vs GSW in the conference finals? That would be a classic, nerve-wracking series, imo.
    iirc Gentry was coaching that Suns team that finally beat the Spurs in 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play who you play just like last year. When they play like they are capable of playing, they're still the best team in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis plays rough, which can wear down an old team in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see any other team in the West taking golden state more than 6 games. Maybe not more than 5. They're damned good. And they basically get a free first round sweep while Westchuck goes into full meltdown mode.

They're lucky they don't have the mavs at the 8 seed. Carlisle is always an incredibly tough out regardless of his team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would probably be Memphis, but none of the teams really scare me. If the Spurs are healthy and ready to go they are a more dynamic and better fundamental team than Golden State. Not to take anything away what Steve Kerr has done, as he has been marvelous, but let's see him come into San Antonio in a 7 game series and win 2-3 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't mind Dallas again tbh... even if they take us to 7 again...

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to take anything away what Steve Kerr has done, as he has been marvelous, but let's see him come into San Antonio in a 7 game series and win 2-3 times.
    The beauty of HCA is that you don't need to win on the road...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trail Blazers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Clippers.

I'd probably swap the last two if I could get a read on the Rockets overall health. Supposedly everyone but Beverley (maybe Papanikolaou too, but he's a non rotation player) will be back before the playoffs, but in what state? Particularly Howard.

As for the Clippers, this is the third straight year that they're probably the fourth best team in the league. It's difficult to envision them going down in the first round, considering what they have fueling them (from the game 5 debacle against the Thunder last season, to Paul being at the tail end of his prime and probably the best player to never make a CF, to only having won two playoff series in this era).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? tbh. Doesn't matter who they play. If they don't get out of the 1st round they weren't going to win it all anyways.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any other team in the West taking golden state more than 6 games. Maybe not more than 5. They're damned good. And they basically get a free first round sweep while Westchuck goes into full meltdown mode.

They're lucky they don't have the mavs at the 8 seed. Carlisle is always an incredibly tough out regardless of his team.
    Other than the Spurs, I actually think a healthy Clippers team will give them a tough fight. If griffin and CP3 are in the zone, Dubs don't have much to contain them. And Jordan has improved a lot, free throws not counted. And although one will have heart attack with Crawford in your own team, he is kind of unstoppable if he is ON. And Rivers has been through a lot, unlike a rookie coach in Kerr. All in all, the Warriors are the favorite , but I'm not surprised if the clippers take them down.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland, of course. We own them. Probable sweep, 5 games max.

Thread Information