San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , meant to post this downstairs. My b. Mods, do ya thang.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao Sanchez, Almeda, Fernandez, Acuña... Mexicali lakerfan repping...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I aint mad. You know, Clarkson might as well have been a lottery pick and if next year Randle turns out to be who we wish he can be, we got two legit lottery picks already. Not bad at all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I aint mad. You know, Clarkson might as well have been a lottery pick and if next year Randle turns out to be who we wish he can be, we got two legit lottery picks already. Not bad at all
    /blue font

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bunch of Mexicans and Asians

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be so nice to see the Lakers lose their pick. One awful season of tanking and nothing coming out of it!

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel bad for Clarkson tbh..
    He's gonna open his social media after this and be let down by all the death threats he gets after hitting a game winner

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lottery system needs fixing in a bad way.
    There must be minimal incentive to lose.

Suggestions?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got a steal with Clarkson tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao Sanchez, Almeda, Fernandez, Acuña... Mexicali lakerfan repping...
    Bunch of Mexicans and Asians

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lottery system needs fixing in a bad way.
    There must be minimal incentive to lose.

Suggestions?
    The best idea I've heard is to have a playoff for lottery teams at the end of the season, and whoever wins the playoff gets the top draft pick. But that would suck for teams that are genuinely terrible, they'd struggle to get off the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got a steal with Clarkson tbh.
    Just like with Kendall Marshall last year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best idea I've heard is to have a playoff for lottery teams at the end of the season, and whoever wins the playoff gets the top draft pick. But that would suck for teams that are genuinely terrible, they'd struggle to get off the floor.
    It just needs to be a straight lottery. Put 14 balls in that air machine, first ball drawn is the #1 pick, second the #2, and so on. It was pretty effective getting rid of tanking after Houston did that back to back years, and you didn't start seeing tanking again until they went and started heavily weighting the lottery in favor of the worst teams again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just needs to be a straight lottery. Put 14 balls in that air machine, first ball drawn is the #1 pick, second the #2, and so on. It was pretty effective getting rid of tanking after Houston did that back to back years, and you didn't start seeing tanking again until they went and started heavily weighting the lottery in favor of the worst teams again.
    Except that still wouldn't help teams in the Lakers situation, who need to finish with a bottom 5 record to retain their draft pick. They'd still be tanking as hard as possible. So while I agree with the concept of lottery, there still needs to be an overhaul as far as how lottery picks are protected. You should never be rewarded a draft pick for purposely being terrible. IMO that's worse than tanking for better odds, because you're guaranteed the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also relevant: LOL Lakers. When they aren't gifted an all-world big, they're the worst team in the West.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should expect an easy win against Orlando. You know that the magic are trying to out-tank the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that still wouldn't help teams in the Lakers situation, who need to finish with a bottom 5 record to retain their draft pick. They'd still be tanking as hard as possible. So while I agree with the concept of lottery, there still needs to be an overhaul as far as how lottery picks are protected. You should never be rewarded a draft pick for purposely being terrible. IMO that's worse than tanking for better odds, because you're guaranteed the pick.
    Why would they tank when it would do nothing to help them stay in the top 5 to keep their pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they tank when it would do nothing to help them stay in the top 5 to keep their pick?
    If they win, they might lose the draft pick. They're tanking to keep it. I'm not sure what you're asking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PhiLOL and the LOLakers got exposed as the frauds and ty organizations, respectively, they are this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they win, they might lose the draft pick. They're tanking to keep it. I'm not sure what you're asking.
    How would they lose any chance of getting a top 5 pick by winning under my suggested system where your odds are independent of record in the lottery? It's not like the Lakers are a team that could have been on the verge of the playoffs if not for the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would they lose any chance of getting a top 5 pick by winning under my suggested system where your odds are independent of record in the lottery? It's not like the Lakers are a team that could have been on the verge of the playoffs if not for the tank.
    Because of the trade clause they currently have, which states that if they finish 6 worst or better in the NBA they have to send the pick to Philly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of the trade clause they currently have, which states that if they finish 6 worst or better in the NBA they have to send the pick to Philly.
    The pick is top 5 protected. Not protected against the Lakers record. In my system the only way the Lakers could change the odds of keeping their pick would be to make the playoffs so that they had 0% chance of keeping it.

Thread Information