San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pastor Who Spoke At Rand Launch: We Don't Yet Know Obama's 'Real Religion'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He Wants to Boost Military Spending? 5 Things Everyone Needs to Know About Rand Paul

1.) He Wants to Boost Military Spending:

The Kentucky Senator appealed to many antiwar citizens by questioning his party's commitment to perpetual regime change, but he has pulled back on this view. Last month, Paul introduced a budget amendment that would add $76.5 billion to defense spending. This reversal put him in line with Florida Senator Marco Rubio, who has called for similar Pentagon increases. Paul's proposal actually adds up to an almost $190 billion addition over the next two years. How does Paul propose offsetting the increased cost? With $212 billion in cuts to things like climate change research, the EPA, and departments of Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education.

2.) He's Become a Staunch Supporter of Israel:

After occasionally touching the third rail of US political discourse, Paul has stopped saying things that will potentially upset pro-Israel voters. Additionally, Paul has produced an Orwellian- led pro-Israel bill: The Defend Israel by Defunding Palestinian Foreign Aid Act of 2015. The bill would cut funding to Palestine unless they stop seeking recognition at the International Criminal Court. Paul's also responsible for the Stand With Israel Act, a piece of legislation that would also cut financial aid. As for cutting aid to Israel, the country that takes the most in taxpayer money, Paul has assured citizens that his stance on foreign aid is specifically inconsistent: "I've never said oh my goodness! Let's target aid to Israel…I said you know what, to get to an ultimate goal maybe we should start by eliminating aid to countries that hate us, countries that burn our flag. I've been very up front to acknowledge that Israel isn't one of the countries. Israel is our friend. I have never had a bill that had Israel's name in it to eliminate aid to Israel."

3.) He Wants to Take From the Poor and Give to the Wealthy:

Paul shares his economic ideas with many other Republicans. He wants to eliminate capital gains taxes, hack away at what's left of our safety net, and establish a "flat tax." As Matt Bruenig writes [3], "Like most conservatives, liberarians especially, Paul is of the mind that our country's current set of economic ins utions distribute too much to the poor and not enough to the rich. Nevermind that the poor in the US are among the poorest in the developed world (in both absolute and relative terms). Nevermind that the rich in the US are the richest in the developed world (in both absolute and relative terms). Nevermind that the US has one of the highest levels of inequality in the developed world. Things are still not quite inegalitarian enough for Paul's tastes."

4.) Paul is "Not Sure Anybody Exactly Knows Why the Climate is Changing." And that is not his only anti-science view. [4]

5.) Anti-worker:

The National Right to Work Committe has already given Paul $20,000 this election cycle, impressed by his anti-worker, union-busting legislation. [5] The presidential candidate has also argued that workers don't contribute to their own pensions and the Post Office is failing because of unions.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...ter1034469&t=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul’s Home State Relies On Government Programs He’s Vowed To Dismantle

Rand Paul will formally announce today in Louisville, the largest city in his home state of Kentucky, that he will seek the Republican nomination for president. But what Paul won’t tell the crowds of Kentuckians and others gathered in the city to watch his announcement is that his policies would further devastate the people already sufferingin one of the worst economies in the nation.

Though Paul has generally expressed su ion that poor people are cheating or being preyed upon by government programs, Kentuckians, who have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country, rely heavily on programs Paul has vowed to dismantle, including Obamacare and food stamps.

Rand Paul has said he will not rest until Obamacare is 100 percent repealed, preferring to rely on “freedom” in the health insurance marketplace. But Kentuckians living in the rural parts of the state, which ranks among the most unhealthy in the nation, were among the groups that benefited most from the health care law. Before the health care law was signed, a staggering 640,000 people, or 15 percent of the state, lacked health insurance in Kentucky.

Paul believes food stamp recipients are abusing the system to “buy junk food” and “McDonalds,” but 91 percent of Kentucky food bank clients reported that they bought unhealthy food because it was the cheapest way to feed their families.

Paul also opposes setting a minimum wage, let alone increasing it. About 49,000 Kentuckians earn the federal minimum wage of $7.25 or less, but even that falls short of how much it costs to live in the state. According to MIT’s living wage calculator, a Kentucky family making minimum wage would still be stuck deep in poverty.

Nevertheless, Paul has dismissed concerns over poverty, asserting that
    “the rich are getting richer, but the poor are getting richer even faster.”

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...tucky-economy/

RP, garden-variety, blindly idelogical, right-wing sociopathic LIAR.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rabble thoroughly roused.
    thinkprogress

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rabble thoroughly roused.
    thinkprogress
    stalker TB nothing to say against the FACTS of the article

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul’s tangled approach to H-1B visas

http://www.itworld.com/article/29070...day_2015-04-08

Enterprise zones? some experience:

Enterprise Zones: Just the Facts

http://www.calaborfed.org/index.php/...ust_the_facts1

iow, they are, essentially, way to reduce corporate taxes and put US employees in direct compe ion with low-wage South/East Asian immigrants, which is just another battle in BigCorp's self-enriching War on Employees, aka, destruction of the middle and working classes' wealth.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol where are these links coming from?

IT World? Are you tech support, croutons?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol where are these links coming from?

IT World? Are you tech support, croutons?
    the links are in the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know but the websites are hilarious. Next one will be from croissantafictionados.com

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he's not obsessing about Hillary Clinton, Rand Paul is lying about the debt

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...28Daily+Kos%29

==============

Fact checking Rand Paul’s announcement speech

“Big government and debt doubled under a Republican administration. And it’s now tripling under Barack Obama’s watch. President Obama is on course to add more debt than all of the previous presidents combined.”

Paul joins the long list of politicians in both parties who make misleading statements about the growth of the national debt. But we are not sure where he gets the idea that Obama has tripled the national debt.

The U.S. Treasury “debt to the penny” Web site shows that the gross national debt, which includes bonds held by Social Security and the other government trust funds, stood at $10.627 trillion on Jan. 20 and reached $18.152 trillion on April 6 — an increase of about 71 percent. In terms of debt held by the public, the number has doubled from $6.307 trillion to $13.108 trillion in the same period.

The biggest problem with this kind of calculation is that every president inherits a debt from the previous one, making it virtually certain that the pile of debt is going to grow. So raw numbers don’t tell you much; what’s important is the percentage change in the time period being measured.

Under that standard, the debt went up 190 percent under Ronald Reagan, who Paul cited in his speech.

Paul also made reference to “big government.” If he’s talking about the number of workers, that’s wrong. As the Wall Street Journal reported, the federal government under Obama employs the fewest people since 1966.

“We borrow a million dollars a minute. This vast ac ulation of debt threatens not just our economy, but our security.”

As a factoid, borrowing a million dollars a minute is correct, at least if you are looking to use round numbers in a speech. The deficit in fiscal 2014 was nearly $500 billion, and a million dollars a minute adds up to $525 billion in a year. But Paul doesn’t mention that this figure is more than half the size of the deficit during the Great Recession. Then the United States was borrowing more than $2 million a minute.

“Congress will never balance the budget unless you force them to do so. Congress has an abysmal record with balancing anything. Our only recourse is to force Congress to balance the budget with a cons utional amendment.”

Actually, the budget was balanced — and ran a surplus — not too long ago, in four fiscal years of the Bill Clinton administration and part of the George W. Bush administration (1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001). Republicans held control of both the House and the Senate. Believe it or not, this was only 14 years ago.

Whether this is the result of brilliant planning by Clinton, a Democrat, or Republican diligence once the party took control of Congress in 1994 — or simply everyone got lucky — is of course the subject of fierce political debate. But a balanced budget amendment was not necessary to achieve the result.

“Warrantless searches of Americans’ phones and computer records are un-American and a threat to our civil liberties. I say that your phone records are yours. I say the phone records of law-abiding citizens are none of their damn business. … The president created this vast dragnet by executive order. And as president on day one, I will immediately end this uncons utional surveillance.”

Paul has been critical of the National Security Agency’s program to collect billions of U.S. phone records in bulk. While he did not specifically name President Obama in his announcement, Paul previously has linked Obama’s administrative decisions to what Paul believes is an overreach. Paul’s statement Tuesday implied that Obama started the NSA program with an executive order.

But the original program was launched in secret after the 2001 terrorist attacks, by President Bush. In 2007, Obama promised to protect civil liberties if elected president. The program was placed under court oversight in 2006, and the Obama administration reviewed it after Obama took office. The Obama administration decided to continue the program with more internal oversight. It was not until 2014 that Obama called for changes to narrow the government’s access to Americans’ records, following public outcry after former NSA contractor Edward Snowden leaked classified information showing the extent of the program.

Paul alluded to these developments at the 2015 South by Southwest conference, in a lengthy interview in front of a tech-savvy young crowd. He said: “Some of the programs started under Bush, but they’ve been expanded. Where people voted for President Obama, they expected him to be a defender of their civil liberties and privacy, not so much.”

Paul largely was on point about the development of surveillance initiatives under Bush and Obama during that interview. But his announcement on Tuesday did not reflect the nuances. In fact, the announcement falsely created an impression that the current program, or the “vast dragnet,” began with a single executive order by Obama. We know Paul knows the difference. Perhaps it is time for Paul’s speechwriter to brush up on this topic. – Mic e Ye Hee Lee

“We must realize, though, that we do not project strength by borrowing money from China to send it to Pakistan.”

Paul reinforces a myth here — that the United States borrows most (if not all) of its money from China. But as we have reported, that’s simply wrong. China is a biggest single holder of Treasury debt, owning $1.252 trillion as of October 2014, but that amounts to less than 10 percent of all U.S. debt held by the public.

“Let’s quit building bridges in foreign countries and use that money to build some bridges here at home. It angers me to see mobs burning our flag and chanting ‘Death to America’ in countries that receive millions of dollars in our foreign aid.”

Here’s another myth perpetuated by Paul. Foreign aid is a relatively tiny part of the federal budget — about one percent — and very little is spent on bridges. A chunk of money is spent on development and nutritional assistance but much of the aid is military in nature. Moreover, with the exception of Israel, countries which receive U.S. military assistance must buy U.S. products. The big winners of such deals are often American workers, so in reality that spending directly aids American taxpayers. (And yes, indeed, the biggest recipients of such military assistance are often countries where crowds chant anti-American slogans.)

So, despite Paul’s wish to bring that aid money home, much of it is already coming back in the form of jobs for Americans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...r&tid=sm_tw_pp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Presidential Campaign Crashes and Burns As Rand Melts Down On NBC’s Today

Paul made it roughly halfway through the interview, before he fell apart.Today’s Savannah Guthrie said, “You’ve had views in the past on foreign policy that are somewhat unorthodox, but you seem to have changed over the years. You once said Iran was not a threat, but now you say it is. You once proposed ending foreign aid to Israel. You now support it, at least for the time being, and you once offered to drastically cut defense spending and now you want to increase it sixteen percent, so I just wonder if you’ve mellowed out?”

Sen. Paul went into meltdown mode by attacking Guthrie, “Why don’t you let me explain instead of talking over me, ok? Before we go through a litany of things you say I’ve changed on, why don’t you ask me a question. Have I changed my opinion on? That would be sort of a better way to approach an interview. No, no, no, no, no. You’ve editorialized. Let me answer a question. You ask a question and say have your views changed, instead of editorializing and saying my views have changed.”

Rand Paul lasted less than 24 hours as a presidential candidate before he threw his first Randtrum. (A Randtrum is defined as a Rand Paul temper tantrum brought by anyone who dares to point out Paul’s flip-flops and ideological inconsistencies.) Media editorializing in questions is something that deserves to be despised, but Guthrie wasn’t editorializing.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/04/...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2008, Rand Paul Said We Should Slash Taxes on the Rich Because That's What the “Church...Asked for”

HOST: What total percentage of income do you think should reasonably go to taxes—federal state and local—and what percentage of any do you think we should be able to keep for ourselves?

PAUL:
    I'd like to chime in because I never heard a number there […]I'm going to say the church never asked for more than 10 percent. I think there's no reason we should have a higher than a 10 percent income tax federally and if we have to have an income tax. And I would say locally, we could have no income tax and about a 10 percent sales tax.

Of all excuses to cut taxes on the rich, using the church as an argument is certainly novel.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...at-churchasked

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Rand is a neocon shill, he's nothing like his dad. I'll be writing in Ron again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2008, Rand Paul Said We Should Slash Taxes on the Rich Because That's What the “Church...Asked for”
    HOST: What total percentage of income do you think should reasonably go to taxes—federal state and local—and what percentage of any do you think we should be able to keep for ourselves?

PAUL:
    I'd like to chime in because I never heard a number there […]I'm going to say the church never asked for more than 10 percent. I think there's no reason we should have a higher than a 10 percent income tax federally and if we have to have an income tax. And I would say locally, we could have no income tax and about a 10 percent sales tax.

Of all excuses to cut taxes on the rich, using the church as an argument is certainly novel.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...at-churchasked

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Its Thinkprogress.
    Why waste the time reading that bull ?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Moonbat posts.
    The rabble is on fire!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moonbat posts.
    The rabble is on fire!
    Cute ing epithet, now you keep on keeping on sport while boutons keeps dropping all these napalm bombs.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    bombs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons, start your own thread for your stupid articles and stop spamming mine unless you have an original opinion to put forth. Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looza has "his" thread!

hurts bad when your adored Rand Paul is destroyed in 100 different ways.

did you listen to his speech! hilarious, the snips I heard! Hate govt! FREEDOM!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, this is why people make fun of you non stop. when you actually put forth an opinion, you sound utterly idiotic. In the very OP, I laughed him and the rest of the GOP's likely candidates off as jokes. Yet you accuse me of adoring him. It just boggles the mind.

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a huge fan of the Paul's anti-FED campaign. I think it puts too much political pressure on the FED. I wouldn't mind the audit the FED stuff if I could be assured no additional interference in monetary policy..

And I am not saying the FED is great and doesn't have its problems. I just think Congress being involved with monetary policy is a stupid idea. No way they would have let Volker cause a recession in the 80's to get inflation under control. But that was the right play.

But, yeah. I will support Rand. I like Cruz just because he pisses liberals off, but he has no shot at winning.

ter McGee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul being swift boated by the hawks for supporting Obama. These guys are gona shred each other...again:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...esidential-bid

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who you voting for Blizzardwizard?

Oh..wait..

Thread Information