Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who you voting for Blizzardwizard?

Oh..wait..
    Ed Miliband, Labour Party. 2015 UK elections.

If I was American, Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren if they ran, or nobody.

It bothers you that I dare talk American politics though doesn't it?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nigel Farrage >>>>>>>>>>>

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nigel Farrage >>>>>>>>>>>
    A true Republican in the UK if there ever was one.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If I was American, Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren if they ran, or nobody.

It bothers you that I dare talk American politics though doesn't it?
    Well...by definition you are un-American

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul’s vile abortion deceit: How he’s trying to conceal his odious anti-choice record

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/09/rand...choice_record/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NRA snubs Rand Paul, Chris Christie

The National Rifle Association's annual convention will be missing a pair of prominent tools when it convenes this Friday.

Neither Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky nor New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was invited to address the NRA’s Leadership Forum, NRA officials confirmed to The Tennessean.“We have a really lengthy program and we have the longest list of potential presidential candidates to speak at the Leadership Forum this go-around, and we just could not accommodate everyone,” Jennifer Baker, director of public affairs for the NRA’s Ins ute for Legislative Action, told the Nashville paper.

The Christie snub is almost expected at this point, under the general banner of nobody likes Chris Christie, but the Rand Paul omission is perhaps more significant. He is, after all, one of the only two Republicans who has actually
    announced himself as a candidate. The other is Ted Cruz, who is speaking, along with pretty much everyone else.

Donald Trump secured an invite, but not Rand Paul?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/08/1376418/-NRA-snubs-Rand-Paul-Chris-Christie?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29 #

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Rand Paul, Abortion Access For Rape Victims Isn’t Worth Talking About

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who announced his candidacy for the presidency this week, isn’t willing to clarify whether he believes there are any cir stances under which women should be allowed to legally obtain an abortion.

When the Associated Press pressed the GOP contender about “where, in his view, a pregnant woman’s rights begin and those of the fetus end,” Paul would not answer the question. He did not say whether a total abortion ban should include any exceptions for extreme cases, like women who do not wish to continue a pregnancy that resulted from sexual violence.

“The thing is about abortion — and about a lot of things — is that I think people get tied up in all these details of, sort of, you’re this or this or that, or you’re hard and fast (on) one thing or the other,” Paul told the AP. ( yes blanket banning abortion is "details"! )

On his campaign website, Paul declares “that life begins at conception and that abortion takes the life of an innocent human being.” During his time in Congress, the Kentucky senator has co-sponsored a total abortion ban, the Life at Conception Act, that would officially enshrine this position into law.

Two years ago, in an interview with CNN, Paul struggled to answer the same question. Asked to clarify whether his proposed Life at Conception Act would include any exceptions, Paul responded, “I don’t know if there’s a simple way to put me in a category on any of that.”

Although Paul is often referred to as a staunch libertarian, his positions on reproductive rights don’t align with the Libertarian Party — whose official platform states that “we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.”

Paul has rebuffed arguments that a wave of state-level abortion restrictions have compromised women’s personal liberty.

Last year, the Republican lawmaker declared, “If there was a war on women, I think they won…The women in my family are doing great.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015...on-exceptions/

"Freedom!" as he kept screaming at his candidacy camp meeting.

"
    The women in my family are doing great." have you been screwing them? have they been raped? needed, had abortions?

His family anecdote means the Repug/Christian Taliban War on Women is over!

RP can't keep his straight, is an inept politician, his actually pretty dumb. Thanks, KY jelly brains!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "..... A day after*announcing the launch of his 2016 presidential campaign*during a fiery speech in Louisville, Kentucky, Sen. Rand Paul*got a bit testy during an interview on the*“Today”*show Wednesday.

Appearing via satellite from New Hampshire, the tea party favorite took issue with*“Today”*co-anchor Savannah Guthrie's line of questioning about how his views on several key foreign policy issues seem to have changed over the years.“

Before we go through a litany of things you say I’ve changed on,”*Paul said, cutting Guthrie off,*“why don’t you ask me a question, ‘Have I changed my opinion?’ That would be a better way to approach an interview.”

“Is Iran still not a threat?”*Guthrie asked.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,”*Paul replied.*“Listen, you’ve editorialized. Let me answer a question. You ask a question, and you say, ‘Have your views changed?’*instead of editorializing and saying my views have changed.”........"

http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-test...132952295.html

this whiny ass hole. He's a terrifying presidential prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny Business: The Financial ‘Shenanigans’ Of Ron Paul And Company

the Kentucky senator should remember that “follow the money” is a game everybody can play. And since he believes that any funds raised or spent by Bill Clinton are fair game, shouldn’t the same rule apply to all the financial “shenanigans” that surround his millionaire father, Ron Paul?

When he ran for president in the Republican primary three years ago, the Texas Republican drew the attention of Washington reporters and ethical watchdogs bemused by his habit of using campaign funds and congressional expense reimbursements to enrich himself and his family. In 2012, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington examined every congressional campaign filing – and Paul had paid more of his relatives with campaign funds than any other member. His re-election committee paid salaries to his daughter, his grandson, his daughter’s mother-in-law, his granddaughter, and his grandson-in-law — namely Jesse Benton, who just took charge of Rand Paul’s SuperPAC.

Total payments to Paul and his family in that cycle were nearly $400,000 — and this dubious practice, illegal in some states, has continued.

During the first few months of 2012, Roll Call published a series of stories citing credit card records that showed Ron Paul billed travel expenses to both his congressional office account — that is, to the taxpayers — and several political organizations that were controlled by him and his family.

When one of those committees came under independent management, the new leadership noted the discrepancies and complained that he had “double-billed” at least $20,000 and possibly much more. (According to the ubiquitous and scandal-tinged Benton, married to Rand Paul’s niece and Ron Paul’s sometime employee, those were all mere bookkeeping errors.)

But the nagging, never-answered question about the Paul family business is how much of Ron’s millions were the fruit of
    Ron Paul & Associates — corporate purveyors of the racist, anti-Semitic, gay-baiting, conspiracy-addled newsletters that raked in millions over two decades from their dim ultra-right subscribers.

The Washington Post reported in January 2012 that under his supervision, Paul’s company “pursued a marketing strategy that included publishing provocative, racially charged newsletters to make money and spread his ideas…” In other words, he sought to profit from the bigotry of his supporters.

cute answer offered by Ron Paul when asked to release his tax returns at a debate in 2012:

“I don’t have any intention of releasing it – but for a different reason. I’d probably be embarrassed to put my financial statements next to [the other candidates’] income and I don’t want to be embarrassed because I don’t have a greater income.”

Does anyone really believe that’s why the former proprietor of Ron Paul’s Survival Report refused to release his returns?

http://www.nationalmemo.com/funny-bu...l-and-company/

I remember you rightwing suckers saying back then that Ron Paul was not responsible for HIS racist newsletters because he didn't read them.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Oh, I was intently reading that until the article mentioned CREW...

I don't believe anything at face value these partisan idiots make up.

Have any valid source material?

As for that newsletter, it was made by supporters without his endorsement.

Will you ever stop being a useful idiot for the partisan left?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    "..... A day after*announcing the launch of his 2016 presidential campaign*during a fiery speech in Louisville, Kentucky, Sen. Rand Paul*got a bit testy during an interview on the*“Today”*show Wednesday.

Appearing via satellite from New Hampshire, the tea party favorite took issue with*“Today”*co-anchor Savannah Guthrie's line of questioning about how his views on several key foreign policy issues seem to have changed over the years.“

Before we go through a litany of things you say I’ve changed on,”*Paul said, cutting Guthrie off,*“why don’t you ask me a question, ‘Have I changed my opinion?’ That would be a better way to approach an interview.”

“Is Iran still not a threat?”*Guthrie asked.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,”*Paul replied.*“Listen, you’ve editorialized. Let me answer a question. You ask a question, and you say, ‘Have your views changed?’*instead of editorializing and saying my views have changed.”........"

http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-test...132952295.html

this whiny ass hole. He's a terrifying presidential prospect.
    Many people would disagree with you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Those women were not yelling at you”: Megyn Kelly condemns Rand Paul’s interview conduct

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/09/megy...elling_at_you/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I see you haven't watched the exchanges. That once again, you are parroting what you liberal talking heads tell you to believe.

Hey B- ...

I know you aren't going to watch the whole thing, but listen to what Megan has to say starting at 9:14.

It does not agree with what your liberal talking heads are telling you to believe.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 04-09-2015 at 11:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many people would disagree with you.
    There are many terrifyingly stupid and/or ignorant people in this country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Those women were not yelling at you”: Megyn Kelly condemns Rand Paul’s interview conduct

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/09/megy...elling_at_you/
    "I don't like the question because it doesn't parrot my republican agenda, please like me "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Paul is trying to present himself as an anti-Romney

could bite him in the ass on both sides

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...by definition you are un-American
    Should that preclude him from discussing american politics

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican field tired of 'gotcha questions' sob, stop quoting me!

The Republican presidential primary has only just gotten going and already the candidates are sick and tired of gotcha questions from the media. You know, sneaky, unfair stuff like asking the candidates about their own words.

Ted Cruz has had enough of this nonsense where people check to see if he's telling the truth:

Harwood: You've said a few things that don't necessarily comport with the facts, like, "125,000 I.R.S. agents, send 'em to the border." They've only got 25,000 agents or something like. You've talked about the job-killing nature of Obamacare. We're adding jobs at a very healthy clip right now. Why shouldn't somebody listen to you and say, "The guy'll just say anything - doesn't have to be true"?

Cruz: There is a game that is played by left-wing editorial writers. It's this new species of yellow journalism called politi-fact. Colloquially I was referring to all the employees as agents.

That particular stat is in a joke I used. So, they're literally fact-checking a joke. I say that explicitly tongue in cheek.

Oh, see, colloquially I was using the scary-sounding term "agents" to stand in for agents, receptionists, clerical staff, janitors, paper pushers, and number crunchers, and it was all a joke anyway, so it's illegitimate to point out that my innocent little joke
    making a serious political point was premised on misinformation.
    It's a good strategy for wooing the Republican base, though—say all kinds of outrageous stuff, then insist it was all a joke anyway, so if reporters call you out on it, it's yellow journalism by left-wing editorial writers. Cruz could never be held accountable for anything he says under this theory.

For his part,
    Rand Paul spent the first day of his official candidacy testily explaining to reporters that nothing he said before about 2009, when he began running for office, is in any way relevant to his presidential run now and so it's all off limits.

In one case, he even claimed that something he said in 2009 was said in 2007, pushing it back out of the acceptable-to-ask category, per his rules.

This from the man who's been trying to run against Hillary Clinton based on things her husband did in the 1990s.

For guys gearing up to run on accountability for everyone else,
    "it's not fair to ask me about that stuff I said" is an interesting and nervy approach to dealing with the media.

But the truth is, it is likely to appeal to a Republican base strongly rooted in the victim mentality.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...28Daily+Kos%29

how many of Krazee Kruz' base knows what "colloquially" means?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul: I Don’t Hate Women, I’m An Equal Opportunity

Rand Paul has had a rough couple of days since he announced that he will be the next, LOL, president of these United States. He spent Day One being mocked ruthlessly on the intertubes for the disaster that is his campaign website, filled with misspelled words like “eductation,” ridiculous swag (hoodies and skull caps, Senator? Really?), and a page of “endorsements” from German stock photos.

He spent his second day picking fights with everyone in the media, Randsplaining how “real” journalism should work.

(It should work like his interviews on Fox, where he gets to spout bull while Sean Hannity strokes him off and tells him he’s a great American, like he’s done 54 times in the last two years alone, more than twice as much as any other Republican presidential contender. And that doesn’t include the other 65 times he’s appeared on non-Hannity shows on Fox.)

But the one thing self-certified “opthalmologist” Rand Paul wants us to know about him, as he explained to male interviewer Wolf Blitzer, is that when it comes to being A Asshole to reporters,
    he is NOT sexist. He will asshole anyone, male or not male:

You know, I think I’ve been universally short-tempered and testy with both male and female reporters. I’ll own up to that. And it’s hard sometimes. As you know, like, during our interview right now, I’m looking at only a camera. I can’t see you. And it’s hard to have a true interaction sometimes, particularly if it’s a hostile interviewer. So I do think that interviews should be questions, and not necessarily editorializing.

Well, then, guess we owe the senator an apology for pointing out his tendency to tell lady reporters to “shhhh” and “calm down” and “no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,” stop asking him questions the wrong way.

Read more at http://wonkette.com/582302/rand-paul...r7xlZUZV6bB.99

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should that preclude him from discussing american politics

yes because he's un-American like boutons and Cosmic Cowboy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders Shreds Rand Paul By Unmasking His Great Libertarian Fraud

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) dropped the hammer on Rand Paul by exposing why the 2016 presidential candidate is no different from his fellow Republicans.

Sen. Sanders was speaking about Rand Paul on Comedy Central’s The Nightly Show when he said:He’s a legitimate candidate, certainly.

Basically, after you get through the nuances of a Rand Paul, or a Ted Cruz, or a Jeb Bush, kind of their views are pretty much the same.

That is tax breaks for millionaires, more spending for the military, cuts in Social Security/Medicare, and Medicaid, taking/accepting as much money as you can from billionaires.

It’s kind of their agenda.

Host Larry Wilmore asked if Paul was legitimate by being different from that. Sanders answered, “No. His difference that is the Republican DNA. It’s to make the rich richer while everyone else becomes poorer…His nuances are civil liberties, where he has taken some good positions, and I agree with him on that.”

After other panelists suggested that Paul should reach out to women and gays in the same way that he has reached out to African-Americans, Sanders explained why that will never happen,

“The problem he has is that it is hard to reach out to women when you are anti-choice.

It’s hard to reach out to the gay community when you don’t support gay marriage.”

Wilmore asked how Paul can be a Libertarian and anti-choice, when Roe vs. Wade was decided based on the privacy issue.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/04/09/bernie-sanders-shreds-rand-paul-unmasking-great-libertarian-fraud.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&u tm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politic us+USA+%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul Melts Down Again During Press Interview

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/ra...n-during-press

Guardian reporter Paul Lewis was asking the Kentucky Republican and 2016 Republican presidential candidate about criminal justice reform.

"One more question for you, sorry we have to sometimes be a bit forceful, when you stand for president you get pressed and questioned and you understand that," Lewis said, before mentioning that at Paul's campaign launch on Tuesday he got an enthusiastic response to his calls for criminal justice reform.

"You're standing for the Republican nomination, all the research shows that Republicans, white Republicans who will determine the outcome of this race, don't think criminal law is applied in an unfair way, so how are you going to win the nomination with this..." Lewis asked before being cut off by Paul.

"I think your premise is incorrect," Paul said. "I think I can take that message into a white Evangelical church anywhere in Iowa and give the exact same speech and be received well."

Lewis then tried to quote a recent Washington Post and ABC poll, before Paul pointed at him, looked at his staff, said something unintelligible and walked out.

Lewis got back in front of the camera to explain what happened when the lights in the room were turned off.

"So we got that interview cut off maybe it was because I was about to push him on the specific, oh the lights are off in fact, we're being told to go," Lewis said. "But the specifics of why Republicans, most of them don't think that criminal law is applied [unequally], two in three white Republicans say that according to a poll last week, would've been great to say that to Sen. Paul, the interview was cut short, but that's periscope."

In classic Republican fashion, Paul blamed CNN for turning the lights out and new technology for the cut video feed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN reporter corners Rand Paul on gay rights: You believe in freedom ‘but not when it comes to marriage’

During an interview that aired on Sunday, CNN’s Dana Bash pointed out that Paul had told voters in New Hampshire that he would “fight for your right to be left alone.”

“I do believe people ought to be left alone,” Paul insisted. “I don’t care who you are, what you do at home or who your friends are, where you hang out, what kind of music you listen to. What you do in your home is your own business. That’s always been who I am. I am a leave-me-alone kind of guy.”

“But not when it comes to marriage,” Bash noted.

“Well, no,

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/c...e+Raw+Story%29

With racists like Paul, it's always "states rights" to discriminate, to hate behind the Bible, to violate people's rights, to NOT "leave them alone" !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes because he's un-American like boutons and Cosmic Cowboy
    WTF does this mean?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nutcase Retrograde Assoc didn't invite RP to their annual circle-jerking hate-fest because he raised money for another grifter gun org.

Thread Information