Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Mike Brown's attorney defending the practice and prosecuting offenders after saying it was these practices that led to the Mike Brown incident

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6627426.html

Many believe that aggressive ticketing by small municipalities played a significant role in the anger aimed at police officers in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown in nearby Ferguson in August. But Anthony Gray, the attorney for Brown’s family, serves as the part-time prosecutor in Pine Lawn and stuck up for its system of court fines. He has served as the tiny city’s equivalent of a police chief since 2014, and defended Pine Lawn’s approach in an interview with a St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter on Thursday night. “It’s not like we’re pulling over people who were not violating the law,” he told the outlet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 guys walking on the street and the cops said get off the street instead of writing a citation. where i'm from, thats what the nice cops do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 guys walking on the street and the cops said get off the street instead of writing a citation. where i'm from, thats what the nice cops do
    racist!

he would have probably let white guys continue to block traffic by walking down the middle of the street.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferguson an apartheid police state: 21,000 residents have a staggering 16,000 open arrest warrants

Now that thefull DOJ report on Ferguson has been released, though, it's increasingly clear that the sick conflation of racism, the American profit-motive, and an abusive use of the criminal justice system were used to create a police state of historic proportions in this small Missouri town.

With just 21,000 residents, Ferguson issued a staggering 32,975 arrest warrants for at least 16,000 different people.

Not just parking tickets, Ferguson averaged 567 non-traffic related court cases per 1,000 residents—far and away the highest of any town in the state and more than twice as much as the town with the second highest average. To put that into perspective, the city of St. Louis had 80 non-traffic court cases per 1,000 residents and that's actually above the state average for Missouri.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...rrest-warrants

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black St. Louis Suburbs Hit With Ticket Blitz

zealous ticketing by a string of similar towns across the north side of St. Louis County had fed friction between the area’s largely white police departments and a growing black population.

An analysis by NBC News indicates that in recent years, Ferguson and other nearby jurisdictions have issued citations for low-level traffic and other violations at a per capita rate as much as a dozen times higher than cities in other parts of suburban St. Louis.

“If you’re driving to get to highway 70 to go to work, you drive through two to three municipalities, each of which can ticket you and make your life really difficult,” said Thomas Harvey, executive director of ArchCity Defenders, a law firm that represents low-income people in the area and recently released a report on local municipal courts.

Data from the State Attorney General’s Office also shows that per capita, black drivers in the county are 66 percent more likely to be stopped than whites, and more likely to be arrested once stopped. The result, in a section of the county where the poor black population is growing and the older white population is declining, is that much of the interaction between police and the newer residents takes place during traffic stops.

“It’s not just Ferguson, it’s this whole region,” said Harvey. “My clients say that the police officer and the judge and the prosecutor are not on their side, and they are just viewed as a source of revenue."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/black-st-louis-suburbs-hit-ticket-blitz-n185061

Home of the Repug Rape Caucus (just squint real hard and flush those rape sperm away"), MO appears to be just another ed-up racist red-state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them s need to learn how to behave...

“My clients say that the police officer and the judge and the prosecutor are not on their side"

If you are guilty they aren't SUPPOSED to be on your side...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Boutons ignores crooked black lawyer for Mike Brown family and blames whites per par.

Is the black mayor of Pine Lawn racist towards blacks?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...2e416dd33.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons ignores crooked black lawyer for Mike Brown family and blames whites per par.

Is the black mayor of Pine Lawn racist towards blacks?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...2e416dd33.html
    TSA, the whitey troll defender of whites. Minority interests are all hypocrites and are to be disregarded!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    TSA, the whitey troll defender of whites. Minority interests are all hypocrites and are to be disregarded!
    FuzzyLumpkins, the got who can't stop following TSA around begging for attention.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them s need to learn how to behave...

If you are guilty they aren't SUPPOSED to be on your side...
    dear racist/cop sucker, obviously what he means is "the cops and prosecutors and courts are out to get us", and the STATS show that is exactly the case.

eg: in Wilson's trial, the prosecutor PROSECUTED Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FuzzyLumpkins, the got who can't stop following TSA around begging for attention.
    You are posting on the forum I post on not the other way around.

You have once again set yourself criticizing minority interests. It's a popular technique of the right to paint the opposition as hypocrites so as to discredit them. I ignored the OP but you couldn't help yourself. You're cliche, dimwit.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You are posting on the forum I post on not the other way around.

You have once again set yourself criticizing minority interests. It's a popular technique of the right to paint the opposition as hypocrites so as to discredit them. I ignored the OP but you couldn't help yourself. You're cliche, dimwit.
    my internets forum is mine

Of course I will point out the hypocrisy of Mike Brown's lawyer overseeing, prosecuting, and defending the unfair ticketing of black residents when he claimed the exact same thing was the cause of Mike Brown's death. He should be discredited for pulling such an egregious stunt and for lying to his community.

Quite telling you ignored the OP though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I will point out the hypocrisy of Mike Brown's lawyer overseeing, prosecuting, and defending the unfair ticketing of black residents when he claimed the exact same thing was the cause of Mike Brown's death. He should be discredited for pulling such an egregious stunt and for lying to his community.
    Mike Brown being a shady lawyer doesn't discredit the unfair ticketing practices in Ferguson .....geezz...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Brown being a shady lawyer doesn't discredit the unfair ticketing practices in Ferguson .....geezz...
    He knows that; he is just trying to troll and deflect.

Anytime there is a thread or topic about minorities/police or gun control he tries to troll the out of the thread or topic. He's too stupid to go sophist so he goes the middle school route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows that; he is just trying to troll and deflect.

Anytime there is a thread or topic about minorities/police or gun control he tries to troll the out of the thread or topic. He's too stupid to go sophist so he goes the middle school route.
    Pissy little IMO

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I believe you meant to say Mike Brown's lawyer? And yes, when Anthony Gray, Mike Brown' lawyer, goes in front of the public and says it was unfair ticketing practices that lead to Mike Brown's death while at the same time overseeing and profiting off of unfair ticketing practices it severely discredits him.

This is in no way a troll thread as FuzzyLumpkins claims, disregard what he says about me as his claims are false and he has repeatedly failed to bring a shred of evidence to back them up. Fuzzy is just a guy who is still butthurt over the Darren Wilson verdict even after the DOJ report came out that fully supported Wilson using deadly force. Because I supported Darren Wilson he has it in his mind that I somehow support police oppression and violence. Dude is ed in the head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuzzyboo calling anyone else a troll is hilarious. He is the ultimate ankle biting troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe you meant to say Mike Brown's lawyer? And yes, when Anthony Gray, Mike Brown' lawyer, goes in front of the public and says it was unfair ticketing practices that lead to Mike Brown's death while at the same time overseeing and profiting off of unfair ticketing practices it severely discredits him.

This is in no way a troll thread as FuzzyLumpkins claims, disregard what he says about me as his claims are false and he has repeatedly failed to bring a shred of evidence to back them up. Fuzzy is just a guy who is still butthurt over the Darren Wilson verdict even after the DOJ report came out that fully supported Wilson using deadly force. Because I supported Darren Wilson he has it in his mind that I somehow support police oppression and violence. Dude is ed in the head.
    Did they? Or did they not find enough evidence to contradict his story. That's a massive difference.

"There is no evidence upon which prosecutors can rely to disprove Wilson's stated subjective belief that he feared for his safety," the Justice Department report said. "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read article about how the city council (which is now half black) has to find a way to make up for the nearly $ 3 million dollars in revenue that the police made by writing tickets and fines.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/fer...ion/index.html

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Did they? Or did they not find enough evidence to contradict his story. That's a massive difference.

"There is no evidence upon which prosecutors can rely to disprove Wilson's stated subjective belief that he feared for his safety," the Justice Department report said. "
    I'd suggest reading the DOJ report for yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever the cops say is Bible Truth, sworn to by the Blue Wall and compromised prosecutors (unless there's a video the cops haven't destroyed or turned off)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd suggest reading the DOJ report for yourself.
    You cannot even articulate what the DoJ said. Not surprising but the CA school system. As much as you bring it up you would think you had it memorized but you cannot take a single point form it to make your case.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You cannot even articulate what the DoJ said. Not surprising but the CA school system. As much as you bring it up you would think you had it memorized but you cannot take a single point form it to make your case.
    It's 86 pages I'm not going to go through point by point of it supporting Darren Wilson's actions. In a nuts it said Wilson was well within the law to use deadly force. You should really read section C of the report as it s all over the witnesses who lied about Mike Brown and even has your favorite two construction workers you rambled about for months who's testimony ended up supporting Wilson more so than Brown.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    whatever the cops say is Bible Truth, sworn to by the Blue Wall and compromised prosecutors (unless there's a video the cops haven't destroyed or turned off)
    Are you claiming the Holder led DOJ investigation was corrupt?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you claiming the Holder led DOJ investigation was corrupt?
    no

Thread Information