Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Through to Episode 4 so far

holy this show is awesome
    No its not. It's .

This piece of show moves slower than your grandma.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think I've watched 5 episodes. I love Daredevil, but this is not doing it for me so far. I hope it picks up. The fight scenes so far are ridiculous. I understand that she isn't a trained fighter or anything, but they usually just consist of her throwing awkward looking punches and her opponents unrealistically flying across the room.

The times we've seen her "jump" also has looked really bad.
    Last edited by Xevious; 11-22-2015 at 04:33 AM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think I've watched 5 episodes. I love Daredevil, but this is not doing it for me so far. I hope it picks up. The fight scenes so far are ridiculous. I understand that she isn't a trained fighter or anything, but they usually just consist of her throwing awkward looking punches and her opponents unrealistically flying across the room.

The times we've seen her "jump" also has looked really bad.

Pretty much.

I'm up to episode 5 and this is putting me to sleep. This show is more on the line of a precedural drama than action. The little action there is, its almost always reserve for the final minutes of the episode and the fights are just terribly done.

I've seen street brawl fights better choreograph than this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Pretty much.

I'm up to episode 5 and this is putting me to sleep. This show is more on the line of a precedural drama than action. The little action there is, its almost always reserve for the final minutes of the episode and the fights are just terribly done.

I've seen street brawl fights better choreograph than this.
    The creator of the show is a woman named Melissa Rosenberg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Rosenberg). She's worked on the Twilight series, Party of Five, Dr Quinn Medicine Woman and Ally McBeal to name a few. I think we should had expected the problems this show has if we had looked at her previous works.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Through to Episode 4 so far

holy this show is awesome

I'm trying my best to like it but yeah, 4 shows in and I'm bored as . It blows in a very bad way.

Ritter is a horrible actress to boot.

And I'm ok with lesbian marriage and such, but it feels like the show is pushing it on the viewer. If the Matrix chick had been married to a guy, we'd all be wondering why they're telling us about their marriage. It's a needless sidebar.

just a bad show, top to bottom.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I'm trying my best to like it but yeah, 4 shows in and I'm bored as . It blows in a very bad way.

Ritter is a horrible actress to boot.

And I'm ok with lesbian marriage and such, but it feels like the show is pushing it on the viewer. If the Matrix chick had been married to a guy, we'd all be wondering why they're telling us about their marriage. It's a needless sidebar.

just a bad show, top to bottom.

haven't watched it yet but was looking forward to it.

And for a liberal, non-christian to say that about the gay marriage in the show... doesn't spell good things.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

haven't watched it yet but was looking forward to it.

And for a liberal, non-christian to say that about the gay marriage in the show... doesn't spell good things.
    Edgy is the word I'm looking for. Trying too hard to be edgy with it.

They spent a whole restaurant scene where she and new lover ran into the ex wife. It had nothing to do with anything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    And it's slow. So ing slow.

Very disappointing.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wisconsin Badgers
    Very slow. Still better than Super Girl. Want to support it, but its just painful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Admittedly I know almost nothing about Jessica Jones the character, but what does she actually do? Just how strong is she supposed to be, because aside from throwing some thugs around and breaking locks off doors, the show really doesn't tell us anything. I like the idea that some comic book characters are "street level" heroes and not all that powerful, but show us something. So far I've only seen one flashback fight when she was trying to be a hero and it was the same awkward looking, poorly choreographed mess.

I wouldn't even mind the lack of action if the story/characters were interesting. But so far it's just boring. Jessica has had ample opportunity to kill Purple Man but continues to let him off to kill other people, just because that one chick is still in prison.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Admittedly I know almost nothing about Jessica Jones the character, but what does she actually do? Just how strong is she supposed to be, because aside from throwing some thugs around and breaking locks off doors, the show really doesn't tell us anything. I like the idea that some comic book characters are "street level" heroes and not all that powerful, but show us something. So far I've only seen one flashback fight when she was trying to be a hero and it was the same awkward looking, poorly choreographed mess.

I wouldn't even mind the lack of action if the story/characters were interesting. But so far it's just boring. Jessica has had ample opportunity to kill Purple Man but continues to let him off to kill other people, just because that one chick is still in prison.
    They also said that she can jump really high that makes it look likes she's "flying" to others.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They also said that she can jump really high that makes it look likes she's "flying" to others.
    From what I've seen so far they've shown her leap off but from a good distance, almost off shot so you cant see the distance.

That's pathetic. Like a third string low budget film.

Dont say she can do this and that and not show it full on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Exactly. Show, don't tell. The few times we've "seen" her jump has been really poorly done.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I flat out quit watching after episode 7.

This turned into a really bad soap. Who gives a about Jessica confronting some 's mother because...who the knows even why?

Stay away from my friend you mean old mommy.

What a joke.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This show's crap

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Better than Lost tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    show is dope to me and kilgrave is a top 5 villain. i can understand why some people may not like it, tho

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I liked it quite a bit. I was skeptical after Ritter in breaking bad, but she pulled it off well imo. It is a bit slow, but as Trill Clinton said, Kilgrave was awesome - Tenant was amazing. Can't wait for Luke Cage, but Daredevil is only 2 months or so away too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    What would you do if you had Kilgrave's powers tbh?

Best superpowers ever tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    What would you do if you had Kilgrave's powers tbh?

Best superpowers ever tbh
    I wouldn't waste them on crack heads or pros utes.

Or force little kids to pee on themselves in a closet.

Just stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I wouldn't waste them on crack heads or pros utes.

Or force little kids to pee on themselves in a closet.

Just stupid.
    Be careful, Kilgrave might knock on your door and tell you to let him in

He might invite Luke Cage too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Be careful, Kilgrave might knock on your door and tell you to let him in

He might invite Luke Cage too
    Lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished Jessica Jones

3.25/5.0

Some of the dialog and side characters could have been better. Some of the action scenes were a bit cheesy and still not convinced Ritter was the best option.

I'm assuming Jessica Jones will be in the Luke Cage series as well. Interested to see how they do his series. Are they going to pick up after the events of this show or are they going to jump around time ala breaking bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked it quite a bit. I was skeptical after Ritter in breaking bad, but she pulled it off well imo. It is a bit slow, but as Trill Clinton said, Kilgrave was awesome - Tenant was amazing. Can't wait for Luke Cage, but Daredevil is only 2 months or so away too
    The show reminded me of a super hero version of Veronica Mars (oddly enough Ritter was in that show) Killgrave was ok. Once i learned the comic back story, i liked his character a bit more. Big on Daredevil, really liked season one. Luke Cage's series is going to be interesting. Are they going to pick up after this series or not. I'm assuming she's going to be in the show too.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    On episode 5, digging it so far

Thread Information