Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz Says He's No Longer Covered By Health Insurance

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Thursday told an audience at a campaign stop in Manchester, New Hampshire that he no longer is covered by health insurance, Politico reported.

He said his coverage lapsed because Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas dropped its individual policies and he had not found a new plan by December 31, when those policies ceased.

Not surprisingly, Cruz used the revelation to bash Obamacare.

"I’ll tell you, you know who one of those millions of Americans is who’s lost their health care because of Obamacare? That would be me," Cruz said, according to Politico.

"I don’t have health care right now."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

The multi-millionaire is a LIAR and a FRAUD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican Senator Says He’ll Support Bernie Sanders If Ted Cruz Wins The GOP Nomination

“Cruz has become such a pariah that one of his colleagues, Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina, told supporters at a campaign fundraiser for his own re-election that he would vote for liberal Sen. Bernie Sanders for president before Cruz, according to one person who attended the event.

Burr did not appear to be joking, said the person, who demanded anonymity to discuss the private gathering.”

You can file Burr’s remarks under the category of Republicans really can’t stand Ted Cruz. Sanders is liked by his Senate colleagues, but he has little in common with a conservative like Richard Burr.

It speaks volumes about just how strong the anybody but Cruz feeling is among the people who know the junior senator from Texas the best.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/01/21/republican-senator-support-bernie-sanders-ted-cruz-wins-gop-nomination.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=f eed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Po liticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Donald Trump or Ted Cruz? Republicans Argue Over Who Is Greater Threat

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/22/us...er=rss&emc=rss

Repugs are SO ed!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz flubs his family's health insurance and (naturally) blames Obamacare

"I’ll tell you, you know who one of those millions of Americans is who’s lost their healthcare because of Obamacare? That would be me," he told an audience in Manchester, N.H., according to Politico. "I don’t have healthcare right now."

Cruz’s quandary is entirely his own fault. His, and his Republican colleagues in the Senate.

Essentially, Cruz’s coverage lapsed because his 2015 carrier, BlueCross BlueShield of Texas, ended its individual PPO plans for 2016, including the family plan that covered the Cruz family. The carrier decided to move entirely to HMO plans for the individual market. And Cruz didn’t manage to sign up for a new 2016 plan by Dec. 31. That happened even though the insurer announced its decision to close PPO plans way back on July 23. Five months is normally enough for an educated adult to arrange health insurance.

Cruz still has until Jan. 31 to sign up for coverage beginning March 1, and he said he’d be doing that.

Cruz’s problem has nothing to do with Obamacare and everything to do with his own sloth — unless the explanation is more sinister, as insurance expert Richard Mayhew of balloon-juice.com speculates: "The Cruz family is currently uninsured to guarantee their father a cheap laugh line."

He claims that the new plans he has examined carry premium increases of 50% — "That’s happening all over the country," he said. "That’s happening in New Hampshire."
    Well, no. Cruz wasn’t especially forthcoming with details about his old plan or the new ones he’s examining, but average rate increases in the individual market in Texas aren’t anywhere near 50%. No single carrier is getting a rate increase that high; the largest is 34%, for a very tiny carrier. At some companies, including BlueCross BlueShield, some rates actually decreased.

In New Hampshire, the biggest plans hadincreases in the single digits. At Anthem, the largest individual insurer, some rates decreased.

Normally, Cruz would be eligible for the standard government health insurance plan enjoyed by all government employees.

But thanks to a deliberate monkey wrench forged by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) during the drafting of the Affordable Care Act, members of Congress and their staffs are required to get their insurance through the exchanges — a biting-your-nose-off-to-spite-your-face stunt that increased the complexity of health coverage for them all, since the ACA wasn't designed to subs ute for employer insurance.

Cruz is still eligible for the government’s employer subsidy of up to 75% of his health insurance premium. He has said he wouldn’t accept the employer share, which makes his complaint about his cost of insurance just a teeny bit more dishonest because he’s the one driving up his own premium.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...21-column.html

How many Ms of you dumb rightwingnuts slurp down Krazy Kruz' lies as the Bible truth? Would a man of the Bible be non-stop fraud and liar?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He claims that the new plans he has examined carry premium increases of 50% — "That’s happening all over the country," he said. "That’s happening in New Hampshire."
    Well, no. Cruz wasn’t especially forthcoming with details about his old plan or the new ones he’s examining, but average rate increases in the individual market in Texas aren’t anywhere near 50%. No single carrier is getting a rate increase that high; the largest is 34%, for a very tiny carrier. At some companies, including BlueCross BlueShield, some rates actually decreased.
    That's complete BS. My BCBS plan was $315/month before Obamacare and is now $474. My grandfathered plan is one of the few BCBS did not cancel last year but the most comparable new individual plan from BCBS is their Blue Advantage Silver plan which would cost us $966/month.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's complete BS. My BCBS plan was $315/month before Obamacare and is now $474. My grandfathered plan is one of the few BCBS did not cancel last year but the most comparable new individual plan from BCBS is their Blue Advantage Silver plan which would cost us $966/month.
    again, anecdotes are useless

again, the insurance companies set rates, not ACA.

The for-profit rates have been increasing many times inflation for decades, looting Americans for $100Ks over their lifetime. Not ACA's fault.

But You Rightwingnut People are dead set against a no-profit govt health insurance, public option, single-payer, regulated drug/device prices.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again, anecdotes are useless
    The entire article you posted was about Ted Cruz's personal anecdote. I just gave you numbers showing he's not lying.
    The for-profit rates have been increasing many times inflation for decades, looting Americans for $100Ks over their lifetime. Not ACA's fault.
    For the 15 years that we had the plan prior to Obamacare our rates had only gone down because our rate was based on our personal health and history with the plan. The ACA eliminated that and changed the way that insurance companies are able to calculate rates...that's the ACA's fault.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Krazy Kruz's anecdote is s fabricated anecdote, a in lie, just like every one of his political talking points.

It's totally irrelevant to "true" anecdotes. When ACA is handing 10Ms of people, the anecdotes are useless in evaluating the effects on the population.

There will be losers, due to the opacity, complexity, and looting by the insurance companies. Some of these "losers" could be fixed, but Repugs not only block all adjustments, they vote 60+ times for full repeal.

"our personal health and history with the plan. The ACA eliminated that and changed the way that insurance companies are able to calculate rates"

link?

so you're saying now a healthy family with no claims pays less (bonus) than family with many claims and/or chronic disease (malus)?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be losers, due to the opacity, complexity, and looting by the insurance companies. Some of these "losers" could be fixed, but Repugs not only block all adjustments, they vote 60+ times for full repeal.

"our personal health and history with the plan. The ACA eliminated that and changed the way that insurance companies are able to calculate rates"

link?

so you're saying now a healthy family with no claims pays less (bonus) than family with many claims and/or chronic disease (malus)?

lol for all the years you've spent talking up the ACA you still don't know wtf it did. ing moron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol for all the years you've spent talking up the ACA you still don't know wtf it did. ing moron.
    I haven't read the 2000 pages, have you?

ACA's primary goal was to get people insured into medical care. It did that by the many Ms.

Support your claim that a family's healthy history (no/few claims) was removed from reduced rate calculations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Krazy Kristian Talibutt Kruz is now campaigning on, touting endorsement by Pastor Bickle

Bickle says God sent Hitler to chase the Jews back to Israel, which is exactly what Hagee said and which caused McLiar to reject Hagee's endorsement.

Bickle says the harbinger of the anti-Christ is Oprah W.

Holy ING , you Christians are so full of

Kruz is one scary mofo, and his crazy supporters have no problem with a total grifting asshole like Bickle.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-22-2016 at 10:14 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the ACA was just a tool they built to force everyone to get used to paying for healthcare/or fined for not.

its like house breaking a dog.

we gotta teach these savages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the ACA was just a tool they built to force everyone to get used to paying for healthcare/or fined for not.

its like house breaking a dog.

we gotta teach these savages.
    bull

when those poor people got sick in years past, their medical care was picked up by everybody else.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    bull

when those poor people got sick in years past, their medical care was picked up by everybody else.
    do you realize what you said?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $5000 max out of pocket and no loopholes for preconditions makes the ACA worth it.....plus the average yearly increase in health care costs for large plans has decreased under the ACA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is the bill wasn't picked up by everyone equally.....emergency care in most cities is paid for with property taxes.....so people who irresponsibly had no health insurance where stiffing local Texas homeowners with the emergency room bill.....the ACA shifts responsibility back on the dumb-ass who has no insurance....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey boutons have you made a Cruz big backer/campaign contributor post yet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the religious right’s radical new plan: The very real efforts to create an American theocracy in plain sight

The religious right can't win at the polls. But that will not stop them from pursuing this dangerous, scary path

UCC’s general minister and president, the Rev. John C. Dorhauer, wrote the preface to a major new report, shedding new light on the right’s decades-long campaign to redefine religious freedom into a tool for their own theocratic domination. “Removing someone’s civil rights by empowering the government to protect and preserve my religious phobia is not my idea of religious liberty,” Dorhauer writes. But that’s exactly how the religious right has tried to stand the idea of religious freedom on its head. “What they want to call religious freedom is in fact the kind of oppressive religious tyranny that my ancestors left their homeland to escape,”

“When Exemption is the Rule: The Religious Freedom Strategy of the Christian Right,”published by Political Research Associates on Jan. 12, was written by Frederick Clarkson, PRA’s Senior Fellow for Religious Liberty, author of “Eternal Hostility: The Struggle Between Theocracy and Democracy” and co-founder of the blog Talk to Action. The le highlights a key aspect of the religious right’s long-term strategy, taking the time-honored principle of religious exemption, intended to protect theindividual right of conscience, and expanding it recklessly to apply to whole ins utions, even for-profit businesses—as seen in the Supreme Court’s 2014 Hobby Lobby decision, in a process designed to fragment the common public sphere and carve out vast segments of American life where civil rights, labor law and other core protections simply do not apply.

“When Christian Right leaders talk about religious liberty, they often really mean theocratic supremacism of their own religious beliefs inscribed in government,”

how their Orwellian agenda is unfolding, combining up-to-the-minute analysis of recent developments with an historical account dating back to the 1970s and the birth of the modern-day religious right, defending Bob Jones University’s “right to discriminate,” based on religion.

As recently as the 1980s, Christian Right activists defended racial segregation by claiming that restrictions on their ability to discriminate violated their First Amendment right to religious freedom….

Instead of African Americans being discriminated against by Bob Jones, the university argued it was the party being discriminated against in being prevented from executing its First Amendment rights. The Supreme Court disagreed….

Two things are worth noting here: first, the primacy of discrimination as a political motivation, and second, the “envious reversal” of victim and victimizer that lies at the heart of the conservative victimhood shtick.

even before the issues of abortion and sexuality became the policy priorities of a newly politicized Christian Right, its leaders fought the perceived threat of racial equality at conservative Christian academies by claiming their religious freedom to discriminate. This legacy should remind us that the Right’s religious liberty campaigns mobilize old arguments around new targets, and that their agenda extends beyond questions of contraception coverage, or marriage and nondiscrimination in the LGBTQ context.

the cause they are actually advancing is neither religion nor freedom, but the an hesis of both: theocratic political control. No church, minister or priest anywhere in America has ever been forced to perform a gay marriage against their will—the kind of scenario that so-called “religious freedom” advocates supposedly fear. Yet, for almost two years, UCC ministers in North Carolina faced criminal charges if they dared to perform a same-sex marriage ceremony. UCC’s case made it stunningly clear which side was really interested in religious liberty, and which side was deceptively hijacking the concept to force its own narrow-minded religious views onto the rest of society—the exact opposite of what most Americans instinctively know religious freedom to be.

“The evangelical Protestant Christian Right and U.S. Roman Catholic bishops are intensifying their campaign to carve out arenas of public life where religious ins utions, individuals, and even businesses may evade civil rights and labor laws in the name of religious liberty,” Clarkson writes in the executive summary. “By creating zones of legal exemption, the Christian Right seeks to shrink the public sphere and the arenas within which the government has legitimacy to defend people’s rights, including reproductive, labor, and LGBTQ rights.”

These efforts have powerful outside allies as well, Clarkson notes. “In this, it is often aligned with the anti-government strategy of free market libertarians and some business interests, who for a variety of reasons also seek to restrict arenas where government can legally act.”

This conservative Christian alliance is challenging a century or more of social advances and many of the premises of the Enlightenment underlying the very definition of religious liberty in the United States. Its long-range goal is to impose a conservative Christian social order inspired by religious law, in part by eroding pillars of undergirding religious pluralism that are integral to our cons utional democracy.

Their goal is to impose a conservative Christian social order inspired by religious law. To achieve this goal, they seek to remove religious freedom as an integral part of religious pluralism and cons utional democracy, and redefine it in Orwellian fashion to justify discrimination by an ever wider array of “religified” ins utions and businesses.

“For example, a church receptionist is not exactly a secular job,” Clarkson said. “But it is usually a stretch to call it a ministry by any reasonable standard.”
    Along these same lines, in the report, he wrote:

The Southern Baptist manual suggests assigning “… employees duties that involve ministerial, teaching, or other spiritual qualifications—duties that directly further the religious mission. For example, if a church receptionist answers the phone, the job description might detail how the receptionist is required to answer basic questions about the church’s faith, provide religious resources, or pray with callers.”

While the courts may not buy the idea that a receptionist can be reasonably construed as a minister in the legal sense, this is the kind of thinking that is permeating the conservative Christian world in the wake of Hosanna-Tabor.

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/16/this...n_plain_sight/

Krazy Christian Taliban Kruz is running to be Pope and Patriarch of Christian-only America, imposing Christians' intolerance, authoritarianism, HATE, discriminaiton, racism, and Biblical fairy tales on non-Christians.

Along with the VRWC having exactly the same strategy, the more the Christian Taliban can override, weaken, defund govt, the more power for the Christian Taliban and VRWC.

America is ed and un able, and the silence from You People about how to un it is implicit agreement.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-23-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Krazy Christian Taliban Kruz loves this Bickle pervert freakshow

Mike Bickle, Who Believes Oprah Is A Forerunner To The Antichrist

New Apostolic Reformation, a collection of self-proclaimed modern day apostles and prophets who believe that, through the power of the Holy Spirit, they are capable of performing greater miracles than even Jesus himself.

One of the key leaders in the NAR movement is Mike Bickle, who also played a central role in organizing Perry's prayer rally. Bickle is the founder of the International House of Prayer, a controversial missionary organization in Kansas City, Missouri, that some critics have labeled a cult and which is best known for engaging in nonstop 24-hour-a-day prayer in preparation for the End Times and for its anti-gay activism in Uganda.

Bickle, unsurprisingly is a demon-fighting radical who believes that gay marriage is "rooted in the depths of ," that sexuality "opens the door to the demonic realm" and that Oprah Winfrey is a forerunner of the Antichrist:

Back in 2004, Bickle declared that as the End Times approach, all Jews will be given a chance to accept Jesus, warning that if they do not accept "the grace" of Christ, God will then "raise up a hunter" who will kill two-thirds of them "and the most famous hunter in recent history is a man named Adolf Hitler":

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ted-cruz-welcomes-endorsement-mike-bickle-who-believes-oprah-forerunner-antichrist

Hate- and fear-mongering from Bickle, exactly matching the emotional appeals of the Repugs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz: 'I'm a Christian first, American second.' Imagine if a Muslim or Jewish politician said that

“I’m a Christian first,

American second,

conservative third and

Republican fourth...

I’ll tell ya, there are a whole lot of people in this country that feel exactly the same way.”

The politics of this aside, I want to highlight here something we might call Christian Privilege.

Could you imagine, for example, a Jewish candidate for president saying that he or she was a Jew first and an American second?

Now imagine the sheer outrage if a Muslim American of any prominence whatsoever declared that he or she was Muslim first and American second. People’s heads would explode.

On a related note, imagine a presidential candidate saying he or she was black, white, or Latino (or any other ethnic group) first, and American second.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1...cian-said-that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    update

[ More on the Cruz campaign's backtracking:

A campaign spokesman tol the Wall Street Journal that the Cruz family had been automatically enrolled by BlueCross BlueShield in one of its HMOs, or health maintenance organizations, as of Jan. 1, when their former PPO plan expired.

The insurance carrier did this for all 2015 PPO enrollees who took no action before Dec. 31.

Cruz presumably should have known this, if he was paying attention, as the insurance carrier informed all affected customers of the change.

The campaign says Cruz has now arranged to switch to a PPO plan offered in Texas by Humana, effective March 1.]

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...21-column.html

So either Krazy ing Kruz didn't know he was insured automatically, or he was lying about losing his insurance due to Obamacare to rouse his supporting rabble.

I give him no benefit of the doubt, he was lying

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give him no benefit of the doubt, he was lying
    at this point of the game there's no downside -- and might be a very tangible upside (pace, Donald J. Trump) -- to making up.

Thread Information