Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently the got that wrote boukaki's article has never kissed a woman in public that didn't want to smear her lipstick.

I'm no Cruz fan but that is ing ridiculous.

just more Bukkake splatter on Boukaki.
    During the Rick Perry years, it seemed like every conservative I met said they weren't Rick Perry fans yet they all voted for him. You probably voted for Cruz in the senate too. The system is broken. We need Trump and Sanders to win the primaries and give the people candidates they can be proud to say they support in the general election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shutting down the government was the fault of both sides. So he did shut down the government, but so did the democrats.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphben.../#4b25b922517a

The government was shut down because the tea party people pushed it as hard as they could.

This isn't a "both sides" fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been particularly taken in the last few days with people haling Cruz for swaying voters by posting videos of Cruz refusing to answer the questions actually posed and, instead, offering spun "facts" meant to re-engage the fury of scared white Christians -- I've seen or read of examples of this with regard to both Cruz's stance on ethanol subsidies and a replacement for Obamacare.

It's startling how easily he placates so many by simply redirecting his rhetoric and completely avoiding meaningful questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently the got that wrote boukaki's article has never kissed a woman in public that didn't want to smear her lipstick.

I'm no Cruz fan but that is ing ridiculous.

just more Bukkake splatter on Boukaki.
    If I can afford the non-smear kissable lipstick I'm sure Mrs Cruz can too. $11.99 at Walgreens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pressed on health care, Cruz comes up short

The questions haven’t gone away. The New York Times reported over the weekend on a campaign event in Hubbard, Iowa, where a voter also wanted to know about the senator’s ACA replacement plan was.

[A]t a middle school cafeteria here, a man, Mike Valde, presented him with a tragic tale. His brother-in-law Mark was a barber – “a small-business man,” he said. He had never had a paid vacation day. He received health insurance at last because of the Affordable Care Act. He began to feel sick and went to a doctor.

“He had never been to a doctor for years,” Mr. Valde, 63, of Coralville, Iowa, said. “Multiple tumors behind his heart, his liver, his pancreas. And they said, ‘We’re sorry, sir, there’s nothing we can do for you.’ ” […] “Mark never had health care until Obama care,” Mr. Valde continued. “What are you going to replace it with?”

The room, according to the Times’ account, “was silent.” Cruz went through his usual talking points about how much he hates the reform law, but like his congressional Republican brethren, the Texas senator never got around to presenting his replacement plan.

As the Huffington Post’s Jonathan Cohn noted, Cruz was forced to “confront the human toll of repealing Obamacare,” which offered a timely reminder that Republicans “have nothing to offer the millions who would lose insurance.”

Making matters slightly worse for Cruz, Fox News’ Chris Wallace pressed the GOP candidate further on the issue on the air yesterday. These quotes come by way of the Nexis transcript of the interview:

WALLACE: Senator, the fact checkers say you’re wrong. Since [the Affordable Care Act] went into effect, the unemployment rate fell from 9.9 percent to 5 percent, as 13 million new jobs were created and 16.3 million people who were previously uninsured now have coverage. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of problems with Obamacare. But more people have jobs and health insurance than they did before Obamacare.

CRUZ: Chris, the media fact checkers are not fair and impartial. They are liberal, editorial journalists. And they have made it their mission to defend Obamacare.

WALLACE: There’s certainly no question that more people have jobs and more people have health insurance coverage.

CRUZ: Yes, there is question.

This is a classic example of a Republican who finds reality ideologically inconvenient, so he chooses to deny reality’s existence. Cruz simply can’t explain why job growth improved to a 15-year high after “Obamacare” was implemented, just as he’s at a loss to acknowledge the ACA’s success in lowering the uninsured rate to levels unseen in modern American history.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exit polls, how Cruz won

62% identified as evangelical and/or born-again

less religious people supported Trump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz teams up with Duggar-loving singing troupe to kill public education

A prodigious family of evangelical Christian entertainers are working to elect Sen. Ted Cruz president.
    Marlin Bontrager is one of three national chairmen of the Republican senator’s“Homeschoolers for Cruz” coalition, and he traveled in recent weeks with his wife and 10 children across the home state of Iowa promoting their candidate.

Cruz has pledged to eliminate the Department of Education, which Bontrager and other conservative homeschooling advocates believe would free them from some federal requirements that conflict with their religious views.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/ted-...e+Raw+Story%29

all the Christian Taliban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion could end up being our country's downfall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to interpret that as "killing public education"... Clickbait les tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to interpret that as "killing public education"... Clickbait les tho
    home schooling seems to be mostly Christian Taliban mothers (who should accept second class status to white males) running in-house madrasa, producing more indoctrinated, Bible-humping, brain-damaged little Taliban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian taliban!
    gun fellators!
    benghazi!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    home schooling seems to be mostly Christian Taliban mothers (who should accept second class status to white males) running in-house madrasa, producing more indoctrinated, Bible-humping, brain-damaged little Taliban.
    boutons, not all of us are as you paint. Some of us turn out responsible, well-mannered, contributing members of society who aren't bad academically (homeschooling and the internet offers a lot of freedom.) I won't go into the indoctrination and constraints of public school education.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons, not all of us are as you paint. Some of us turn out responsible, well-mannered, contributing members of society who aren't bad academically (homeschooling and the internet offers a lot of freedom.) I won't go into the indoctrination and constraints of public school education.
    sure you are, just like all Muslims are terrorists.

America got where it is today one the back of 100+ years of public K-12, and state financed colleges. The strategy to kill public schools is to transfer taxpayers dollars to the VRWC/1%. Religious freaks are just as guilty, being "too good" for a public education, and work in tandem with VRWC/1%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these comments benefit nobody, dumb down the conversation, and just further your image of a complete tool

America got where it is today one the back of 100+ years of public K-12, and state financed colleges. The strategy to kill public schools is to transfer taxpayers dollars to the VRWC/1%. Religious freaks are just as guilty, being "too good" for a public education, and work in tandem with VRWC/1%.
    "America got where it is today" coming from the guy who constantly bashes where America is today

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You have no idea why I chose to homeschool, whether I thought my kids were "too good" for a public education or not, or whether I'm conspiring with whatever VRWC/1%. I like to have the freedom to choose - how my kids are schooled, what my money is spent on, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But just because you choose homeschooling shouldn't make you exempt from paying into public schools. Free education benefits society as a whole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But just because you choose homeschooling shouldn't make you exempt from paying into public schools. Free education benefits society as a whole.
    What makes you think that I think I should be exempt from paying into public schools? As far as I know, my property taxes and rental property taxes have been fully paid for decades now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...uspension.html

Cruz with some dirty tricks - didn't like his voter mailings either.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...uspension.html

Cruz with some dirty tricks - didn't like his voter mailings either.
    Yeah, Team Cruz was as likely to ever send a "correction" as he is to correct false statements about Planned Parenthood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys are complete dirt bags. Cruz is one of the worst I've EVER seen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz’s Radical Supporters: He Won Iowa on the Back of the Scariest Bible-Thumpers in the Business

Cruz came on top in the Iowa caucus by presenting himself as a messiah and winning over the radical religious right

for the religious right, especially the most skin-crawlingly creepy folks in the religious right, Cruz’s edging Donald Trump out at the polls represents a huge victory.

Because Monday night meant that while their influence might seem to be on the decline, the religious right proved, once again, that they are still a powerful force on the right.

Unfortunately, the Republican Party will still have to pay tribute to the nasty crews that use Jesus as a cover to push their lifelong obsession with controlling other people’s sex lives, especially if those people are female or .

A lot of attention has been paid to Trump’s oversized ego, but Cruz’s may be even worse. While Trump likes to portray himself as a “winner,” Cruz clawed his way to victory in Iowa by implying — well, more than implying — that he’s a religious messiah, a prophet who is the next best thing to the second coming of Jesus.

While denouncing Barack Obama for his supposed “messiah complex,” Cruz has been suggesting that he is the real deal, and that he will win because “the body of Christ” will “rise up to pull us back from the abyss.”

Cruz has been portraying his campaign, in fact, as a religious war in which the true believers will assert themselves as the rightful rulers of this nation. “Strap on the full armor of God, get ready for the attacks that are coming,” he told supporters, who are treated more like believers, at a campaign stop in Iowa.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...ter1050050&t=6

Religion makes you stupid, so stupid one can be duped by the deeply evil Krazy Kruz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the Scariest Bible-Thumpers in the Business"

lol "journalism"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the Scariest Bible-Thumpers in the Business"

lol "journalism"

spurraider, non-poster