Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, the Krazy Kruz perpetrator of Christian Sharia, right wing extremism, etc CREATED the polarization. Wonkette is simply trashing him for his, and his ed up pastor father's Kraziness, which is really being too kind.
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, specifically, makes it garbage?

I wouldn't mind paying 20% instead of 28%, tbh.
    Raises the deficit by $12T: http://nypost.com/2015/09/30/trumps-...lion-analysis/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That first women looks like she related to Hillary Clinton.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa, George W. Bush likes practically everyone. If he doesn't like you, something's up.

George W. Bush unleashes on Ted Cruz

'I just don't like that guy,' the former president tells donors.
    By Eli Stokols
    10/19/15 07:50 PM EDT
    Updated 10/19/15 11:24 PM EDT

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...#ixzz3pFDiB8pM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz: ‘Climate Change Is Not Science. It’s Religion.’

Sen. Ted Cruz, candidate for the highest office in the land, thinks that climate change — a phenomenon widely accepted by the scientists who study it — is a religious belief.

“Climate change is not science. It’s religion,” Cruz told Glenn Beck on Thursday.

To back up his claim, Cruz pointed to the way we talk about climate change.

“Look at the language, where they call you a denier,” he said. “Denier is not the language of science … Any good scientist is a skeptic; if he’s not, he or she should not be a scientist. But yet the language of the global warming alarmists, ‘denier’ is the language of religion, it’s heretic, you are a blasphemer.”

During Thursday’s interview, Cruz also patted himself on the back for challenging the president of the Sierra Club at a hearing last month on “the data.”

“He couldn’t answer the most basic fact that for the last 18 years, the satellite data showed no significant warming whatsoever,” Cruz said.

The data he is referring to is very specific. Cruz is looking only at satellite data — not ground-level data or oceanographic data — and he does not say “18 years” just as a random number.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...-and-religion/

language? vocabulary? semantics? all prove climate science is a religion.

Thanks, you ignorant, suckered Texians, for giving this evil asshole a national platform.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz’s pyrrhic victory: He’s looking better and better — but that means disaster for the GOP

He may be a longshot, but the anti-establishmentarian is on the ascent. But what's good for Cruz is bad for the GOP

If you thought Ted Cruz was going away anytime soon, I’ve got some bad news. The singularly annoying obstructionist has real staying power, and he’s as well-positioned as any of the candidates moving forward. The more Cruz irks his opponents, the more he grandstands, the more entrenched and profitable his campaign becomes.

Even Cruz’s Republican colleagues appear resigned to this fact. “Ted Cruz has been branded a ‘wacko bird’ by a Senate colleague,” write Katie Zezima and David Weigel in the Washington Post.

“A GOP consultant labeled him a show horse, and a strategist for a rival presidential campaign call him the Mitt Romney of 2016 – the Republican no other Republican can stand.”

Harsh words indeed, but none of this matters to Cruz. He knows he’s hated by his colleagues in the Senate and by establishment Republicans in general.

But this is a good thing for Cruz. Being loathed by those responsible for governing plays right into his “outsider” narrative. When then-Speaker Boehner called Cruz a “jackass” earlier this year, he responded by saying, “I will wear it as a badge of honor because I refuse to join their club.” The “club,” I presume, is everyone in Washington making a serious effort to navigate the challenges of policymaking in a partisan climate.

Understanding this is key to understanding Cruz’s appeal. There’s a huge swath of the conservative base that doesn’t want to fix Washington so much as explode it (politically speaking, of course). Every time one of those Washington politicians (the “Washington cartel,” as Cruz is fond of saying) criticizes Cruz for his self-serving obstinacy, he capitalizes by sending out fundraising emails touting his anti-establishment credentials. And it’s working.

So far the race has unfolded perfectly for Cruz. His only path to the nomination is as an outsider, someone who can appeal to religious and anti-government conservatives. Cruz is playing the long game right now. He’s comfortably in fourth place in the national polls, just behind Trump, Carson and Rubio.

Cruz’s bet, however, is that Trump and Carson eventually collapse. Although it’s possible that Trump and Carson hang around until the convention, it’s not the most likely scenario. Trump has proven himself vulnerable in recent months, and one suspects his farcical adventure could end at any moment. The RNC also knows Trump would be a disaster as a general election candidate, and they’ll do everything possible to torpedo his campaign. I’m not confident they can stop Trump, but it remains to be seen.

Carson’s implosion may be underway already. He’s out of his depth and he’s lied with impunity for the entirety of his campaign. But he’s yet to pay a political price for that dishonesty. Things have changed, however. The increased scrutiny that comes with being a frontrunner has damaged Carson’s brand, and it’s not clear that he can survive for much longer. If Carson does slip in the polls, especially in Iowa, it’s Cruz who is most likely to benefit.

If Trump and Carson do fall, that leaves a massive opening for Cruz in the outsider conservative lane. He’s the logical alternative for Trump and Carson supporters. Cruz knows it, too — he’s been waiting patiently for this to happen. And now that Jeb’s political misadventure is coming to an end, there is only one establishment candidate for Cruz to attack: Marco Rubio.

According to a new Bloomberg report, Cruz is already working to brand Rubio as a “moderate.”

“As I look at the race, historically,” Cruz said, “there have been two major lanes in the Republican primary. There’s been a moderate lane and a conservative lane. Marco is certainly formidable in that [moderate] lane.” This is a smart move on Cruz’s part: Calling Rubio a “moderate” is a not-so-thinly-veiled insult in this Republican climate. The base is clamoring for a right-wing outsider, and will reflexively reject anyone who doesn’t fit the bill.

Cruz is still a long-shot to win the nomination, but things are shaping up as well as they possibly could for him at this point.

This race will, ultimately, come down to a battle between the establishment and the base.

History says the establishment will win, but I’m not so sure that will happen in 2016. In any case, Cruz’s only real compe ion for the non-establishment choice is Trump and Carson, and my money’s on Cruz.

Rubio may end up with the nomination by the end of the convention, but Cruz will make the process as difficult as possible. And like nearly everything else Cruz does, that will be great for him and ruinous to the GOP.

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/09/ted_...r_for_the_gop/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this isnt twitter fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is tho:

I hope the muslims and the luciferians got the memo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So funny. This is what I'm afraid of - low information voters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban Peers Dispute Ted Cruz’s Father’s Storyof Fighting for Castro

Since he was a boy, Senator Ted Cruz has said, all he wanted to do was “fight for liberty” — a yearning that he says was first kindled when he heard his father’s tales of fighting as a rebel leader in Cuba in the 1950s, throwing Molotov tails, running guns and surviving torture.

Those stories
    , retold by Mr. Cruz and by his father, Rafael, have hooked Republican audiences and given emotional power to the message that the Texas senator is pushing as an increasingly serious contender for the party’s presidential nomination. In their telling, the father’s experience in Cuba — when the country was swept up by the charismatic, young Fidel Castro, only to see him become a repressive Communist dictator — becomes a parable for the son’s nightmarish vision of government overreach under President Obama.

But the family narrative that has provided such inspirational fire and biographical heft to Mr. Cruz’s speeches, debate performances and a recently published memoir is, his father’s Cuban contemporaries say, an embroidered one.

The elder Cruz, 76, recalls a vivid moment at a watershed 1956 battle in Santiago de Cuba, when he was with a hero of the revolution, Frank País, just hours before he was killed in combat.

In fact, Mr. País was killed seven months later and in a different place and manner.

In interviews
    , Rafael Cruz’s former comrades and friends disputed his description of his role in the Cuban resistance. He was a teenager who wrote on walls and marched in the streets, they said — not a rebel leader running guns or blowing up buildings.

Leonor Arestuche, 79, a student leader in the ’50s whom the Castro government later hired to verify the supposed exploits of revolutionary veterans, said a term existed for people like Mr. Cruz — “ojalateros,” or wishful thinkers. “People wishing and praying that Batista would fall,” she said, “but not doing much to act on it.”

There is no question that Rafael Cruz, who is now a pastor and his son’s most effective and popular campaign surrogate, was beaten in 1957 at the hands of agents for Fulgencio Batista, the Cuban dictator.

None of the Cuban historians, hometown comrades from Matanzas and Santiago battle veterans interviewed could corroborate Mr. Cruz's story.

An old neighbor still remembers soldiers bloodying the 18-year-old Mr. Cruz’s face and driving off with him that summer. Mr. Cruz gives a harrowing account of soldiers beating him repeatedly over three or four days, stomping on the back of his head and breaking his teeth. A mug shot in his son’s book shows him with a bruised nose, and a 1959 article in The Daily Texan, the student newspaper at the University of Texas at Austin, which he attended upon fleeing to the United States, reported he had lost “half of his upper denture” in the beatings.

The reason Mr. Cruz was arrested, however, is less clear, and he has offered different explanations. In an interview alongside his son in March, Mr. Cruz said he had sought to recruit to the revolutionary cause someone who turned out to be an informant working for Batista’s regime. The 1959 account, though, did not mention any informant; Rafael Cruz said then that the authorities were alerted to his involvement in the resistance by another man, who gave up only Mr. Cruz’s name after Batista’s forces beat it out of him and left him bleeding in the same cell as Mr. Cruz.

Mario Martínez, who Mr. Cruz confirmed was part of his small revolutionary cell, said he did not recall Mr. Cruz’s being apprehended for trying to recruit someone and said he believed that the cause of his old comrade’s detainment was possession of a revolver — one that Mr. Cruz had never used.

Mr. Martínez declined to be directly interviewed and relayed answers to questions posed by The New York Times about Mr. Cruz through Ms. Arestuche. According to Mr. Martínez’s account, he and Mr. Cruz had belonged to the youth brigade of Mr. Castro’s 26th of July Movement in their hometown, Matanzas, but had done little besides join in protest marches. They never turned to violence, he said.

The fog of almost 60 years can cloud even the clearest of memories, and it is possible that witnesses who can back up Mr. Cruz’s account might exist and come forward. But none of the Cuban historians, former comrades of Mr. Cruz in his hometown or veterans of the Santiago battle reached by The Times could corroborate his story.

Approached in Marietta, Ohio, on Oct. 13, between wooing campaign donors and headlining a Republican dinner, Mr. Cruz was unable to provide the name of any participant from the Santiago assault. “I mean, we were scattered,” he said, adding, “I was with one other guy at a little coffee place or something like that, and I don’t remember his name.”

Unlike some other American presidential candidates
    , Ted Cruz remains largely unknown in Cuba, and most of the people interviewed for this article had never heard of him.

But the Cruz campaign rejected those who disputed Rafael Cruz’s version of events as politically motivated.

“To repeat statements from Communist officials in Castro’s Cuba regarding events from nearly 60 years ago as truth is irresponsible reporting and simply has no basis in truth,” Catherine Frazier, a campaign spokeswoman, said in a statement. “For the Batista soldiers who tortured and imprisoned Pastor Rafael Cruz, there was no such confusion.”

A Misplaced Memory

Ted Cruz’s origin story begins in Matanzas, a quiet seaside town where his father grew up along a dirt road shaded with plantain trees, and fished with a line that carved notches into his fingers.

The son of a salesman and a teacher, Rafael Bienvenido Cruz y Díaz wore parted hair and round tortoises glasses at the Arturo Echemendia primary school, an exclusive school in Matanzas with 15-foot wooden doors. At 12, he placed into the town’s private high school. He earned good grades, except in Cuban history, with which he struggled.

Instead, he says, he lived it.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/10...stro.html?_r=0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Study: Average American Can Stand Four Seconds of Ted Cruz

MINNEAPOLIS — In a potential stumbling block for his Presidential ambitions, a new study indicates that the average American can stand only four seconds of exposure to Senator Ted Cruz, the Texas Republican.

The study, conducted by University of Minnesota researchers during Tuesday night’s Republican debate, required subjects to be connected to electrodes to measure their tolerance for the senator.
    Within four seconds of watching Cruz, the majority of participants begged to be released from the experiment, researchers reported.

In a more encouraging finding for the senator, when the same research subjects were exposed to Cruz with his voice muted, they could tolerate him for up to six seconds, the data showed.

According to the University of Minnesota’s Davis Logsdon, who supervised the study, the results portend “significant challenges ahead” for Cruz’s campaign. “It’s hard to get your message out if, four seconds in, people just start screaming uncontrollably, as many of our participants did last night,” he said.

A campaign spokesman for Cruz, however, was unfazed by the research. “A study conducted last summer showed that people could only stand Ted for three seconds, so we’re trending in the right direction,” the spokesman said.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...ODAxMTA1MDc1S0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you keep posting unfunny Horowitz?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do you keep posting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz’s ‘crazy’ tax plan would cost US at least $16 trillion: analysts

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/ted-...lion-analysts/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz’s Laughable Disguise

no candidate wears a mask as thick as Ted Cruz’s.

He had it on during last week’s debate, when he lashed out at any Republican who gave any ground on illegal immigration.

“The politics of it would be very, very different if a bunch of lawyers or bankers were crossing the Rio Grande,” he thundered, and there was no mistaking the contempt he meant to communicate for those elite, out-of-touch professionals.

But where does that contempt leave him?

He’s a lawyer, with a degree from Harvard, which was his steppingstone to a conventionally ambitious Supreme Court clerkship.

Where does that contempt leave his wife, Heidi?

She’s a banker, on leave from a job with Goldman Sachs in Houston, where she ran the wealth management unit, which focuses on clients with an average net worth of $40 million.

To hear
    Cruz talk — or, rather, grandstand — he’s the ultimate outsider, the consummate underdog, in perpetual conflict with the ruling class and in perfect harmony with common folk.

There’s rarely mention of Harvard. Or of Princeton, where he got his college diploma.

There’s rarely mention of his stint in the policy shop of George W. Bush’s 2000 presidential campaign, a dynastic enterprise that was as pure an expression of the Republican establishment’s wishes as could be.

There’s rarely mention of his role in recruiting John Roberts, who would later get a seat on the Supreme Court, to the legal team doing battle for Bush during the 2000 Florida recount. No, that would undercut his rants now about Roberts’s insufficiently pure conservatism as the high court’s chief justice.

It would emphasize how well connected Cruz is. And it would contradict his pose for the presidential race, in which he’s the prairie populist, replete with Western iconography and attire.

Cruz outperforms either of them, a former college debate whiz who is practiced at instantaneously constructing an argument for an assigned viewpoint that may not be his own.

HIS greatest distinction as a lawmaker thus far has been his readiness to pursue lost causes that draw attention from a news media that he supposedly loathes, and to skirmish with party colleagues in a way that similarly puts him front and center on TV and prompts headlines about him.

His storytelling is selective. He talks voluminously about his father’s arrival in Texas from Cuba, presenting a harrowing, inspiring immigration narrative that’s probably not the full truth and glides over many oddities and unanswered questions.

He talks less voluminously about his mother and about Canada, which is where she gave birth to him. She’d grown up in Delaware — not exactly the prairie — and gone to college at Rice University, which is sometimes referred to as the Harvard of the South. Not only that, she majored in mathematics. That was hardly the norm for a woman in the 1950s, and it suggests a certain sophistication, even progressiveness.

He tends to skip over the part about his parents eventually divorcing nonetheless. It was his father’s second failed marriage. That detail doesn’t fit Cruz’s moralizing on the subject of holy matrimony. It doesn’t buttress his extravagant lamentations about the tradition-shattering, God-insulting unions of two men or two women.

But then his education and his station in life don’t exactly buttress the disdain he heaps on intellectuals and the affinity he claims with the hourly laborers of the world.

One of Cruz’s law-school roommates, Damon Watson, told Zengerle: “He said he didn’t want anybody from ‘minor Ivies’ like Penn or Brown.”

Good thing Heidi Cruz got her graduate degree in business administration from Harvard.

he was photographed being driven away in a B.M.W.

What a deluxe chariot for such a down-home guy, but how true to the disparities between his branding and his reality.

He has a pair of favorite cowboy boots, as anyone involved in a masquerade like his must. But they’re not the usual leather. They’re black ostrich skin.

That actually surprises me. I would have expected pea feathers.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/15...-disguise.html

Krazy Kruz is as much of a fraud and liar as addle-brained Carson. And ing Texians? thanks!

Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-16-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz Lands Major Endorsement — God

Ted Cruz scored a huge win in the Iowa race Monday, reeling in the endorsement of right-wing Congressman Steve King. But Cruz’s campaign snagged an even bigger supporter, as King specially revealed.

“For almost a year now, my regular prayer has been that God would raise up a leader, whom He would use to restore the soul of America.”

And King was only just getting started with this very special call to prayer for the Republican voters of Iowa.

“Feb. 1,
    do your duty for God and country — come to caucus, and support Ted Cruz for president of the United States.”

Well, who can argue with that?

http://www.nationalmemo.com/endorse-...e_This_Sign_Up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do you keep posting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing chaired by the presidential candidate, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas). The hearing was led

"The War on Police: How the Federal Government Undermines State and Local Law Enforcement."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...79300753577988

Krazy Kruz and his voters are ing nuts.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Kay Bailey Hutchison. This man is a disgrace. lol religious test in a country that went out of its way to explicitly write in the cons ution that no religious laws shall pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz rallies the theocratic troops, forms a “national prayer team”

"A Time for Prayer” will hold weekly prayer conference calls for Cruz devotees and send out weekly prayer requests

That first Tuesday in December, Texas Tea Party senator and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz will also launch a lofty endeavor — a presidential campaign prayer team.

On Thursday, the presidential candidate announced the formation of his campaign’s national prayer team, “A Time for Prayer.”

“Our nation is in desperate need of God’s favor – these are dangerous days for America,” Cruz wrote in a statement announcing his prayer team. Cruz said that he and his wife Heidi “experience the power of prayer every day” and want to harness that power for the good of his political ambitions:

We’re organizing “A Time for Prayer” to establish a direct line of communication between our campaign and the thousands of Americans who are lifting us up before the Lord. Our nation is in desperate need of God’s favor – these are dangerous days for America, but these are also days of great hope. United in prayer and in purpose, we are committed to reignite the promise of our nation.

[…]
    Members will receive weekly emails containing prayer requests and a short devotional. Each Tuesday, members will be invited to a 20-minute prayer conference call.

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/20/ted_...l_prayer_team/

goddam, Americans are stupid s.

Krazy Kruz fooling the foolish with Christian Taliban/Christian Supremacy grifter crap. Stupid, ignorant, religion-addled Christians think if somebody talks the God/Christ line of bull , he or she is worth supporting and financding, no matter whatever crap he or she spouts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Went to Church With Ted Cruz: He is Building an Army of Young Christian Voters in Iowa

I was sitting at a different coffee shop the other day, when one young woman I admire very much stopped to talk about the candidates. I don’t know how many brothers and sisters she has exactly, but I know of at least eight. All are home schooled, well-educated, and smart as smart can be. They are all thoughtful, polite, and I have no doubt all will succeed at life. That is what they have been raised to be. She’s a twenty-something in college.

“Who do you like for president?” I asked.

“Cruz,” she replied, sitting down at the table with me, putting her coffee down. “He’s the only true conservative, and a godly man. A true leader.”

“But he hasn’t done anything,” I said.

“Of course he has,” she replied. “Lots of proposed reforms the RINOs and Democrats wouldn’t accept, and he nearly brought the government down.”

“And almost bringing the government down is good?”

She looked puzzled. “Of course it is. And he’s the only one without a big ego.”

“Cruz? No ego?”

“No, it’s not about him,” she said. “He’s doing the Lord’s work.”

I remembered hearing much the same from another young Republican when when I shared that Cruz and others like him want to turn America into a Christian theocracy.

“What’s wrong with that?” he had replied. “America was founded as a Christian nation, after all.”

Ted Cruz’s exact words to the audience in Oskaloosa, and repeated to a nation of young Christian conservatives across the nation, during story time. It begins in preschool. In the womb maybe.

And if they can’t vote yet, there is always next election, and the following. An army of Christian soldiers. And they are young, and their number is growing.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...an-voters-iowa

Christian Taliban cultivated by Krazy Kruz, Christian Sharia implemented if he's elected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, Iowa is not the rest of the country. That works there, it won't work everywhere.

Thread Information