Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have any upset calls for the 2015 NBA Playoffs? Brackets look pretty straightforward, but there is potential.

I could possibly see DAL over HOU or MEM over GSW happening, but the East looks pretty locked in.

Obviously very slim odds here, hence why it's called an upset. Not guaranteeing anything or suggesting this is likely to happen. But the Playoffs are exciting enough that every now and then you see a team advance you'd didn't think would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect relatively a lot of "upsets" this year due to how close the seeding was.

Spurs over Clippers
    Grizzlies over Blazers
    Mavs over Rockets (maybe)
    Wizards over Raptors (maybe)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect relatively a lot of "upsets" this year due to how close the seeding was.

Spurs over Clippers
    Grizzlies over Blazers
    Agree with these.

I also think the Pelicans could "upset" the Warriors by pushing that series to 6 games (Warriors are taking it though obviously). AD is a matchup nightmare and can win a game or two on his own, and they're finally healthy.

Banned
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count

Spurs over Clippers
    Grizzlies over Blazers
    Spurs are favoured over the Clippers so not really an upset.

Grizzlies are also favoured.

Honestly I could see some upsets in the East. Not much in the West in the first round.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Agree with these.

I also think the Pelicans could "upset" the Warriors by pushing that series to 6 games. AD is a matchup nightmare.
    I see GS sweeping the series...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are favoured over the Clippers so not really an upset.

Grizzlies are also favoured.

Honestly I could see some upsets in the East. Not much in the West in the first round.
    Who? I mean other than the 4-5 the top 3 seeds in the East are the only decent teams in the entire conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see GS sweeping the series...
    This is the upset thread, not the "make easy calls on paper" thread.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't really see any first round upsets, tbh(Clippers-Spurs wouldn't be an upset, regardless)..maybe Dallas, if they get their together and Houston continues their choking..

Raptors are always prone to choking, of course, but they have HCA and match up well with a ty Wizards team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think every series in the West is in play, except GSW-Pels... Not a sure thing the Warriors will have a cakewalk in that series, but I think it's safe to say they'll move on.

Lots of injuries and banged up guys in a lot of teams (Parsons, Splitter, Matthews, Conley, Gasol, Batum, JCrawford just came back from missing like 17 games, etc).

That's some important matchup guys, so we'll see who plays, at what level and what not.

In the East, I think it's going to be Cleveland-Hawks... at first sight that's what it looks like. I also think the Hawks could knock down the Cavs, which I guess would be an upset?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think every series in the West is in play, except GSW-Pels... Not a sure thing the Warriors will have a cakewalk in that series, but I think it's safe to say they'll move on.

Lots of injuries and banged up guys in a lot of teams (Parsons, Splitter, Matthews, Conley, Gasol, Batum, JCrawford just came back from missing like 17 games, etc).

That's some important matchup guys, so we'll see who plays, at what level and what not.

In the East, I think it's going to be Cleveland-Hawks... at first sight that's what it looks like. I also think the Hawks could knock down the Cavs, which I guess would be an upset?
    With Rose "healthy" the Bulls are a legitimate wild card.

I can't see the Cavs losing to anyone but you never know, first year teams often struggle in the playoffs against good defenses.

West is open except I can't see Portland doing much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Rose "healthy" the Bulls are a legitimate wild card.

I can't see the Cavs losing to anyone but you never know, first year teams often struggle in the playoffs against good defenses.

West is open except I can't see Portland doing much.
    Bulls have no shot, with or without Rose, IMO.

Obviously, we're talking on paper here, more injuries, a bad matchup or a team getting "hot" at the right time can change everything. That's why the games are played.

Banned
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Spurs just went from -190 to -171. Hmm.

Honestly the Bucks +651 has value. I don't see the Bulls as a threat. Jason Kidd has done a great job this year with his team. Series goes at least 6 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls have no shot, with or without Rose, IMO.

Obviously, we're talking on paper here, more injuries, a bad matchup or a team getting "hot" at the right time can change everything. That's why the games are played.
    I think you underestimate how bad the teams in the East are. I mean, would the Cavs even be the 7 seed out West if they played in our conference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just went from -190 to -171. Hmm.

Honestly the Bucks +651 has value. I don't see the Bulls as a threat. Jason Kidd has done a great job this year with his team. Series goes at least 6 games.
    I'm very mildly high on the Bulls, but yeah that's a solid value bet. Bucks could make some noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West is wide open. Besides easy call of Grizz over Blazers anyone can beat anyone.

Chances are GSW will advance so the only true question marks are spurs vs clips and mavs vs rox.

I still have to chomp some numbers but it seems rockets might squeak by Mavs barely.

Spurs Clips is gonna be a ing series for the ages.

spurs in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about the East btw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and btw the real upset would be Clips over Spurs. Spurs are supposed to win that series unless they choke.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about the East btw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you underestimate how bad the teams in the East are. I mean, would the Cavs even be the 7 seed out West if they played in our conference?
    Meh, if I had to pick a dark horse in the East, I much rather pick the Wiz. They have way more talent than the Bulls, even with Rose, but with them it's always: "will Wall/Beal/Nene/Gortat figure it out this time?"... and the most likely answer is no, since they also have a terrible coach. But, you know, if some of those guys put 2 and 2 together, and I can see them making some noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very mildly high on the Bulls, but yeah that's a solid value bet. Bucks could make some noise.
    I'm mildly curious about the Bucks. I think they could be really good or a real disaster. I don't think there's a middle ground for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wizards. They are getting bounced in the 1st by the lowly raptors.

Wiz are one of the tiest teams in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, if I had to pick a dark horse in the East, I much rather pick the Wiz. They have way more talent than the Bulls, even with Rose, but with them it's always: "will Wall/Beal/Nene/Gortat figure it out this time?"... and the most likely answer is no, since they also have a terrible coach. But, you know, if some of those guys put 2 and 2 together, and I can see them making some noise.
    So Wizards "have way more talent" than the Spurs?

Bulls have
    - MVP
    - DPOY
    - 2 additional All Stars
    - Rookie of the Year

Arguably the most talented team in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Wizards "have way more talent" than the Spurs?
    What part of "way more talent than the Bulls" needs translation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part of "way more talent than the Bulls" needs translation?
    Bulls have more talent than Spurs. Put one and two together

Thread Information