SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ippers Coach Doc Rivers recently compared Chris Paul to Kevin Garnett, but before Saturday's practice, he made sure to clarify.

"Kevin was insane," Rivers said. "He was insane, I'm telling you, in a very positive way, but he was on another level."

Rivers coached Garnett for six seasons when he was with the Boston Celtics. He has coached Paul for two seasons with the Clippers, who open their first-round playoff series against the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday.

The coach said that the two players both have incredible focus in common, but not much else.

"They're similar in the fact of their intensity and their preparation, but Chris is not anything like KG as far as his outward emotions," Rivers said. "Chris is the exact opposite of that. He has an inner fire that I love, that's amazing. But he's not a raw, raw guy."

Rivers said that on game days, Garnett would refuse to talk to anyone and required the Celtics' locker room to be dead silent. One time, Rivers said, he saw Garnett explode at a teammate who was listening to music with headphones on because he was incensed that he could overhear it.

Read the rest on http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippe...418-story.html

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sure was insane how KG continued his fake toguh guy act for 15 years

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Both were stat-padding career losers and fake toughs, at least until KG had Ray Allen carry him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure was insane how KG continued his fake toguh guy act for 15 years

you cant fake this

Thread Information