My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

His 20.76 200m tine last year was fastest in the nation.

boy oh boy get your ass on that playing field in Lubbock son

His 20.76 200m tine last year was fastest in the nation.

boy oh boy get your ass on that playing field in Lubbock son
    You really do need to learn how this stuff works.

Daupines 20.7 was wind added. That time has him ranked number 13 in the nation heading into 2015. Number one is Andrew Hudson with a legal 20.64.

As of right now the top TT sprinter is Trevor Mackay with a 20.46, he was ranked number 8 heading into 2015. Number one is Florida's Dedric Dukes a 19.97 guy.

Just to put things in perspective the HS 200m record is held by another Texan Roy Martin (SMU) at 20.13. A solid HS time is 20.40.

The best Red Raider however is a high jumper named JaCorian Duffield, at 7-5 he was ranked number 3 in the nation at the NCAA level.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Dauphine has been invited to one of the most prestigious meets in the country in the 2015 Prefontaine Classic, a*Diamond League*event for professional and world-class track and field athletes on May 29-30 in Eugene, Oregon.

"I know it's going to be a great feeling," said Dauphine, who will also get the opportunity to tour the Nike campus. "It's going to be a lesson learned. I'm going to learn a lot when I'm over there. It's great to travel and compete with the best."

Dauphine, a*Texas Tech*signee, is a senior sprinter for the ans' track team and will run in the high school 200 meter dash with other elite amateur sprinters.

http://m.beaumontenterprise.com/spor...al-6213706.php

Current high school list

00 METERS
    20.71 Ryan Clark (Banneker, College Park, Ga)
    *Michael Norman (Vista Murrieta, Murrieta, Ca)
    20.83i *Noah Lyles (Williams, Alexandria, Va)
    21.05 Rai Benjamin’ (Mt Vernon, NY)
    *Josh Eiker (Galesburg, Il)
    Kahmari Montgomery (Central, Plainfield, Il)
    21.16i Jaron Flournoy (Glenn, Westland, Mi)
    21.17 Devarius Turner (Liberty, Kissimmee, Fl)
    21.28 Khai McLin (Plantation, Fl)
    21.34 Corey Dauphine (Memorial, Port Arthur, Tx)
    i Andrew Hudson (Steele, Cibolo, Tx)
    Gerald Mills (Marshall, Missouri City, Tx)

Remember me talking about Tyreek Hill? He ran a 20.14 as a high schooler, just a click off the HS record.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-26-2015 at 09:42 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Too bad for Hill that he's got for brains

Too bad for Hill that he's got for brains
    We don't know that. We don't know what happened. It's not just for brains people who get in trouble. He could be a very bright guy who simply got in a bad situation.

Let me help ya out here...

You wanna see a high school sprinter run a sub 10.40 in the 100m and a sub 20.60 in the 200m before getting all excited, ok?

Keep in mind the HS records are..10.00 Trendarvis Friday/20.13 Roy Martin (from the 80's! )

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

I don't have a lot of faith in the media. So many times it's not like they report it.

Once had a home fire, call 911, so here comes the fire department. Me and a couple neighbors had the fire put out before they got there. Totally out.

The local paper..."the fire department put out the fire"....no they didn't. And I could go on and on.

Getting back to speed.

In Texas the speedsters end up TCU/UTEP/Tex A&M. Those three schools have had 11 sub10.00 sprinters. That's more than the rest of Texas and Cali combined.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't have a lot of faith in the media. So many times it's not like they report it.
    what do you think they're missing here? I bet you didn't read the article. Lol dumbass.

what do you think they're missing here? I bet you didn't read the article. Lol dumbass.
    Yes I did read it because I wasn't real sure what trouble he was actually in. It really didn't matter.

The point is how many times have we seen things turn out differently than what was first reported? Talking about in our lives and locally.

Why do we have courts and juries little guy, if all we need is some some media report? Why not just..."well the media said"...well?

Damn you're dumb.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Why do we have courts and juries little guy, if all we need is some some media report? Why not just..."well the media said"...well?

Damn you're dumb.
    " Payne County special judge Katherine Thomas ruled Monday there is sufficient evidence against Hill for a trial.*"

The "media" is reporting what the court said about the case.

I'm done explaining this to you, you fat re ed piece of .

" Payne County special judge Katherine Thomas ruled Monday there is sufficient evidence against Hill for a trial.*"

The "media" is reporting what the court said about the case.

I'm done explaining this to you, you fat re ed piece of .

I'll go slow stupid...

Why even mess with a trial? IF....the media has it right? Well?

Dude, you cannot be this damn dumb.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You really do need to learn how this stuff works.

Daupines 20.7 was wind added. That time has him ranked number 13 in the nation heading into 2015. Number one is Andrew Hudson with a legal 20.64.

As of right now the top TT sprinter is Trevor Mackay with a 20.46, he was ranked number 8 heading into 2015. Number one is Florida's Dedric Dukes a 19.97 guy.

Just to put things in perspective the HS 200m record is held by another Texan Roy Martin (SMU) at 20.13. A solid HS time is 20.40.

The best Red Raider however is a high jumper named JaCorian Duffield, at 7-5 he was ranked number 3 in the nation at the NCAA level.
    Now for some fun...

what is wind aided Avante? (Read and revel in an old man getting twisted like a pretzel)

Now for some fun...

what is wind aided Avante? (Read and revel in an old man getting twisted like a pretzel)
    Do you ever leave that fantasy world you wander around in?

Anything over 2.0mph is considered..."wind aided"...ok?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you ever leave that fantasy world you wander around in?

Anything over 2.0mph is considered..."wind aided"...ok?
    So you have run in a wind aided race?

So you have run in a wind aided race?
    Anyone who ever sprints will run in all kinds of windy conditions.

The most famous wind aided 100m of all time.

Look at the hair blowing, the numbers yet they said this was legal. It wasn't!

Last edited by Avante; 05-10-2015 at 06:21 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

]
    Grand.

I asked you if you had run in a wind aided sprint?
    I want your experience and thought.
    You have stated when you know something you will read and learn everything about it.

So you ran track AND you know everything about it.

Have you run in a wind aided event, and if possible can you recall the official wind speed?
    Banking on your experience and knowledge...
    Last edited by pgardn; 05-10-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Grand.

I asked you if you had run in a wind aided sprint?
    I want your experience and thought.
    You have stated when you know something you will read and learn everything about it.

So you ran track AND you know everything about it.

Have you run in a wind aided event, and if possible can you recall the official wind speed?
    Banking on your experience and knowledge...
    Didn't I just say if you sprint you will encounter windy conditions? I never ran in a hurricane, but did run in 4/5mpg gusts. You really don't notice it until the latter stages of the race when you are able to sustain/maintain a higher % of MV because of less stress on the muscles. You didn't have to exert the same amount of energy due to an aiding wind.

Effect on 100m times

There a number of papers (see References 1-5 below) which discuss the impact of wind and al ude in the 100m race. The general consensus of these researchers is that the maximum legal tail wind of +2.0 metres/second provides a 0.10-0.12 second advantage over still conditions at sea level and with no wind every 1000 metres of elevation will improve a performance by roughly 0.03-0.04 seconds.
    Correction estimates (Mureika 2008)[3] for 100m at varying al udes for a male athlete running 10 seconds.
    Wind m/s
    0m
    500m
    1000m
    1500m
    2000m
    2500m
    +1.0
    +2.0
    Correction estimates (Mureika 2008)[3] for 100m at varying al udes for a female athlete running 11 seconds.
    Wind m/s
    0m
    500m
    1000m
    1500m
    2000m
    2500m
    +1.0
    +2.0
    Linthorne showed that the advantage of a +2.0 m/s wind is 0.10 seconds for male sprinters and 0.12 seconds for female sprinters. The uncertainties in the effect of wind on race times is 10% and 12% respectively. (Linthorne 1994)[5]
    Calculate adjusted 100 metre time

The following calculator, based on a formula identified by Mureika (2001)[4], will provide an estimate of your 100 time at sea level with zero wind.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cool.

I don't like the term wind aided because a time run with a 4-5 mph wind is not really wind aided.
    Your fatigue explanation does seem very reasonable though. I have felt the same thing.

Cool.

I don't like the term wind aided because a time run with a 4-5 mph wind is not really wind aided.
    Your fatigue explanation does seem very reasonable though. I have felt the same thing.
    Anything that is determined by hundreths of a second takes into account all the conditions. The track surface, the temperature, the month, the al ude and the wind all play a factor.

The key to 100m sprinting is speed endurance. That ability to decellerate at a slower pace than your opposition. As we know sprinters hit MV at around 65ishm, so ya spend 35m trying to hold on/sustain your MV. So you want to train with 300's-600's.

Usain Bolt the 100m WR holder started out as a 400/200 guy. He has SE in abundance. He is also able to run further before the decelleration phase of a 100m sets in. His 6-5 stride plays a major role there.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-11-2015 at 05:12 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Nice ass, although I'm not digging the 1980s swimsuit

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information