Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston really doesn't want to pay Wallace the 10m he's owed in his final year.

Wallace doesn't have much left, and never had much to begin with. Taking him on for 10m would be pretty awful, but that draft pick is intriguing, considering what the Spurs front office could do with it.

If it's par the course, no effective free agents will come to SA. If that were to happen, is this one avenue the Spurs could explore?

Not sure how I'd feel about it, but just seeing what you guys think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't trading for Gerald Wallace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If any GM in the NBA is willing to take Parker, you listen, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't trading for Gerald Wallace
    It won't happen. But if the front office wanted to dump Parker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. 14 million...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but no GM will listen.. Parker is likely going to retire a Spur.. (ugh)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way I don't see Tony retiring a Spur is if we trade him in his last year as an expiring contract. He didn't get a No-Trade clause in his extension (surprisingly), so that's a possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but no GM will listen.. Parker is likely going to retire a Spur.. (ugh)
    Indiana could work IMO..they desperately need a PG, and Hibbert's contract is arguably even worse than Parker's, although I haven't checked the length..

Bird isn't really a good GM, either..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana could work IMO..they desperately need a PG, and Hibbert's contract is arguably even worse than Parker's, although I haven't checked the length..

Bird isn't really a good GM, either..
    Hibbert will be an UFA after next season, so I'd jump all over that if it were offered. He has a $15.5 Million player option for net season that he'll obviously pick up. Highly unlikely a trade of him for Tony would happen though, tbh. Tony's likely a Spur for 3 more years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite his play, I'm sure there are actually many GMs that would gladly take him and his salary. The question is what do they have to give up to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Parker's extension was only for two years instead of three... that contract will be almost impossible to trade before the 3rd year. I also don't know if the PATFO would trade him anyways, unless it was a deal they couldn't refuse. I think they're loyal to Tony to a fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hibbert will be an UFA after next season, so I'd jump all over that if it were offered. He has a $15.5 Million player option for net season that he'll obviously pick up. Highly unlikely a trade of him for Tony would happen though, tbh. Tony's likely a Spur for 3 more years.
    Didn't know his contract was ending, didn't look it up, as I said..

And ya, I doubt the Spurs ever trade Parker, despite his decline, realistically..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite his play, I'm sure there are actually many GMs that would gladly take him and his salary. The question is what do they have to give up to get him.
    I'm sure there are, considering there are GMs that will probably give Rondo a contract this off-season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony isn't going anywhere, tbh... that's why you have to hope he turns back the clock or adjusts his game somehow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP, the going rate for 1st round picks is about 3M. Why would you essentially pay 3x the cost for one while ruining your shot at a FA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the Spurs dropped that much that we are making threads considering Wallace now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought perhaps that any thread that isn't a cliffjumpers manifesto, or a LeonardvParker wrestling match would be welcomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought perhaps that any thread that isn't a cliffjumpers manifesto, or a LeonardvParker wrestling match would be welcomed.

It is welcomed, but the proposition just isn't palatable. The Spurs are poised to have enough cap space to add a significant piece in free agency. They shouldn't give that up for Wallace, no matter who is available at the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hibbert is a 7'2 center with cinderblocks for feet and a horrible rebounder. larry bird doesn't even want him on the roster next year.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ack-next-year/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony isn't going anywhere, tbh... that's why you have to hope he turns back the clock or adjusts his game somehow...
    Why are me and you the only ones who gets it El?????

Yeah....we know Parker sucks. He's been god-awful this year. But the guy isn't going anywhere. The sooner people realize it the better off they will be. I guess people will continue to celebrate his demise for the next 2 years....instead of wishing the guy "turns back the clock or adjusts his game."

He's not going to be traded, waived, or cut. Learn to live with it guys...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way on Wallace. I could see them trading for Hibbert before that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hibbert is a 7'2 center with cinderblocks for feet and a horrible rebounder. larry bird doesn't even want him on the roster next year.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/17/sounds-like-pacers-president-larry-bird-head-coach-frank-vogel-dont-want-roy-hibbert-back-next-year
    Right, I know Hibbert's not a good basketball player and I normally wouldn't want him either. But, in this case, I'd trade him for Tony, simply because he's a FA after next season and we could just let him walk, and we'd get Tony's horrendous contract off the books. That'd free up $43 Million dollars in cap space over the next 3 years..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are me and you the only ones who gets it El?????

Yeah....we know Parker sucks. He's been god-awful this year. But the guy isn't going anywhere. The sooner people realize it the better off they will be. I guess people will continue to celebrate his demise for the next 2 years....instead of wishing the guy "turns back the clock or adjusts his game."

He's not going to be traded, waived, or cut. Learn to live with it guys...
    Because nobody likes to eat a sammich. Three more years of this would be pretty freaking brutal. Let's just hope he figures something out from here on out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, I know Hibbert's not a good basketball player and I normally wouldn't want him either. But, in this case, I'd trade him for Tony, simply because he's a FA after next season and we could just let him walk, and we'd get Tony's horrendous contract off the books. That'd free up $43 Million dollars in cap space over the next 3 years..
    oh okay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ack-next-year/
    Hibbert is one of the tiest and most overrated big men in the NBA, but Parker isn't any better, tbh..the difference is that Pop has no obligation or loyalty to Hibbert, he wouldn't think twice about benching him..

Thread Information