Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu retires I think retaining Beli is a must, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu retires..Spurs need to go get George Hill..he would be a good fit next to Patty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu retires..Spurs need to go get George Hill..he would be a good fit next to Patty
    It's really not the worst idea in the world. The dude can get his own shot on offense and defend at an above-average level. But I'd only take him in a trade while the team remains over the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally think CoJo could handle the backup 2 spot if necessary. Patty can play off the ball and Joseph is big enough to guard 2 guards. he can also get to the paint, much like old Manu tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monday morning. No Spurs game to watch tonight. Reality of the situation is sinking in.

Holy , this is going to be a long offseason.
    I wanted to see 16 red X's again this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the more realistic mid-range FA's that we could pull in?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, the only number that matters is his cap hold.

...not when Diaw and/or Mills can be dumped for free or even for a return in assets
    Exactly right. Only other risk is if Green gets a ridiculous offer while waiting for the dominoes to fall, but chances are Green deal is worked out and ready to sign as soon as cap space is ready to be used.

Given the rising cap, I would be in favor of a Splitter-like contract for Green where it's front-loaded. Would give max flexibility when Duncan is certainly back in the USVI.

And you're right on the price for LMA. Splitter, Mills or Diaw would likely have to be shipped out, but it's totally doable. I imagine it'll be one of the bigs, as they can't lose Mills if Manu/Marco/CoJo are already gone and that's assuming Green stays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monday morning. No Spurs game to watch tonight. Reality of the situation is sinking in.

Holy , this is going to be a long offseason.
    your avi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “It hasn't sunk in yet, but this is a special group,” Green said. “That's why it sucks so bad, especially for Timmy (Duncan) and Manu (Ginobili). We had anopportunity to do something special for them. All I can do is hope and pray for another group like that in the future, but I have a feeling some of those guys will be back. R.C. and Pop do a great job of bringing in new guys.”

“Hopefully, I'll be back,” he said. “I love San Antonio. The fans have alwayssupported us, from day one. It sucks that we had such a special group, and things may be changing and not be the same again.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...the-same-again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon Nono, that's deflection. The Spurs aren't going to not re-sign Green because he may make $3 Million more in 2017 than they think he's worth. Especially if Tim comes back, the Spurs will try to build the best team they can and let the chips fall where they may for the future. Obviously, with the cap going up, no one's pinching pennies beyond this off-season as it is. None of that negates the fact that you think there's a value where Green's not worth it, that you're en led to that opinion and that the Spurs may share that opinion. But there's simply no roster-financial reason why the Spurs care how much it takes to re-sign Green if they are willing to work with his cap hold. And they certainly won't shunt his cap hold for Monta Ellis.
    I could be completely off-base too, tbh... that's always a possibility. I just think the Spurs will not enter a bidding war for Danny's services. If they have to go that route, I suspect they'll take a good look at the market as a whole.

Sure, but that's irrelevant, because we're assuming in this case that Manu doesn't come back (based on the hypotheticals you established with earlier posts). That's the whole reason why you think the Spurs would sacrifice Green, since a bench creator would be more pressing in your mind. But the Spurs have never been a team that sacrifices for the sake of roster needs. They rolled with holes at starting wings and at backup PG for years. Especially when the team has so many alternative avenues to acquire talent, it simply doesn't make sense to wreck the SL trying to fix the bench.
    I just think it's way more plausible that the Spurs look to make a splash using money that would potentially go to Green (since he's off the books, or technically is), rather than signing Green, then trying to dump Mills/Diaw/Splitter to make room. I'm actually not convinced at all the FO likes Green more than any of those 3 guys. But that's just me.

As far as Anderson goes, the thing I have the most faith in his ability to drive out of all of his skills. If he gets into a position where he has to be the bench's playmaker. He'll be in the paint as much as anyone can hope for.
    Right now, I see him strictly as a backup SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the kind of mold I think they'll be looking at. A combo guard that can penetrate and dish, but also get his own shot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the kind of mold I think they'll be looking at. A combo guard that can penetrate and dish, but also get his own shot...
    So CoJo....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like somebody a bit more seasoned and consistent than Cojo... Basically, "Cojo in a good day", but all the time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 teams expected to show a lot if interest in Danny Green are OKC and the Knicks, according to twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like somebody a bit more seasoned and consistent than Cojo... Basically, "Cojo in a good day", but all the time...
    CoJo will be in his 5th year next season....5 years in the Spurs system and will probably considerably cheaper than anybody they bring in....

He did really well when he didn't defer to Manu. Won't have that issue if Gino hangs em up tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoJo will be in his 5th year next season....5 years in the Spurs system and will probably considerably cheaper than anybody they bring in....

He did really well when he didn't defer to Manu. Won't have that issue if Gino hangs em up tbh
    Don't forget Cojo is a RFA too... we'll see what kind of offers he receives too, and how much are the Spurs willing to match...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 teams expected to show a lot if interest in Danny Green are OKC and the Knicks, according to twitter.
    OKC came to my mind and would be perfect fit...that better not happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if CoJo still plays in Texas next season, but not as a Spur tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think OKC is much of a threat. The Knicks are his home team and are gonna throw a stupid amount of money at him tho....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, just heard Pop say that he thinks the team will look substantially different next year. That they picked this year to have a lot of FA to be able to retool.

So I guess it will be an interesting summer after all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, just heard Pop say that he thinks the team will look substantially different next year. That they picked this year to have a lot of FA to be able to retool.

Good. They need a shakeup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Green bolting for NY as I think they will give him close to $10 million a year imo. Ultimately I think he stays for about $6-7 million a year for three years. He seems to love it here in SA, and I believe his girlfriend is from here also, so that may help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Duncan, Leonard, and LDN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Green bolting for NY as I think they will give him close to $10 million a year imo. Ultimately I think he stays for about $6-7 million a year for three years. He seems to love it here in SA, and I believe his girlfriend is from here also, so that may help.
    Danny will make at least 10mil/year next season. I don't think that's even questionable tbh.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...ch/#32561101=0

Here's the quote. Definitely sounds like things will be different. Good. I think they need to get rid of dead weight and inject some fresh blood. It's always a gamble but it's time.

“We haven’t talked yet about that. We’ve got a pretty good number of free agents so with R.C. and the coaches and the group we’ve talked about what we want to do going forward with the makeup of the team but the team will probably look considerably different than it looks this year because we have so many free agents and we want to re-tool a little bit.

"We want to try to start — not exactly over again — but these last four seasons have been a grind and we put the team together with that in mind, that this year we’d have all the free agents so we can decide what we want to do moving forward, as far as the makeup of the team. So we’ll spend a lot of time on that but as far as if guys are retiring or not we haven’t touched that."

Thread Information