Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs and Clippers were literally the two best teams the last 20 or so games of the season and very closely matched throughout the series. I think the Clippers may run the table on the rest of the West and whatever East team they face should they make it to the "finals" if Paul can come back and be reasonably effective (he's got that will to win look in his eyes and this game will go down as a Willis Reed type thing (although clearly not as bad as it was with Willis). Tonight was an awesome game but I just had that strange sense from the getgo that the Clippers were going a step faster and wanted it more tonight. It was so close though, this series really came down to a couple of plays - 50/50 balls and some luck but the Clippers' final edge was desire.

Thanks to Pop and the Spurs for a great series and always being professional class acts. The Clippers also pleasantly turned out not to be quite the team of whiny punks I'd come to expect. If Timmy comes back next season and we can retain most of our pieces, I don't see a huge drop off even if we lose Manu and or Tony. Maybe there's actually improvement with Kawhi refining his game even more and really showing the league he belongs in the MVP conversation which he arguably already does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will destroy them, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs record to end the season was fool's gold. The two Houston games were bad and the Phoenix game they looked like in, it's just that Phoenix missed tons of wide open shots. Then New Orleans destroyed them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real Finals will be Golden State vs Cleveland.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers' crunch time offense is just as bad as the Spurs'. They only seem good when Chris Paul decides to show up in the clutch. Clippers aren't a championship caliber team.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They losing in the second round. I don't know why anyone would watch a hobbled CP3 get his pushed in the second round. If they were healthy it might have been a different story though but that's not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worst matchup, Clippers and Rockets tbh

GSW matchup well with everyone except the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am so betting on warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if Cleveland is making it man, plus they are not better than the Clipper or Spurs IMO or half the West but they are out East so they have a shot. I got the Bulls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might win if Paul can keep his hamstring drama going.

I'm sorry but I don't think he's hurt, I think. it was all for a show.
    Like baby Davis..maybe hurt a little bit, but exaggerated a lot more

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand where you're coming from, OP, but I respectfully disagree.

I think if the Spurs had advanced, they would have torn through the Rocket's like they were tin foil. I think they would have used this series as a wakeup call and would have been firing on all cylinders the rest of the way, just as the Dallas seven-game series seemed to prime the Spurs for their Finals run last year.

But I think the Clippers got a great matchup against the Spurs. The Clippers are probably the most athletic team left in the playoffs and their physical, athletic style really gave them an advantage over the Spurs' Euro-soft passing game. This is not to mention that the Clippers were shooting at an extremely high percentage all series. Griffin, Paul, Jordan, Rivers, Barnes, Re , all had unbelievably incredible performances that don't feel sustainable. I combine all that with the emotional nature of the way last year's playoffs ended for the Clippers, the seven-game nature of this series, and the fact that they finally advanced to the second round, and to me it all spells a 5- or 6-game loss to the Rockets.

Rockets-Warriors for the WCF.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way that Cleveland team gets through Chicago the way they are playing right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we'll get some new blood for the championship. Clippers along with Warriors are definitely favorites to win it all now. I hate how the Spurs fail to live up to expectations when they're the unanimous pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball is a game of matchups. It doesn't work like if team B beats team A that team B should beat team C because team A is better than team C. The Spurs were unlucky to some degree in this series but the clippers were a tough matchup due to Griffin and Jordan being super athletic that allowed them to disrupt the team defensively and get a ton of rebounds. I don't think they match up well with the Rockets due to CP3 being banged up and also Dwight/Jones/Smith athletic ability is on the same level as Jordan/Griffin. Also factor in they have no one who will be able to guard Harden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worst matchup, Clippers and Rockets tbh

GSW matchup well with everyone except the Spurs
    Maybe if Pop had coached the Pelicans game like a game 7 we wouldn't be in this spot.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might win if Paul can keep his hamstring drama going.

I'm sorry but I don't think he's hurt, I think. it was all for a show.
    Like baby Davis..maybe hurt a little bit, but exaggerated a lot more
    DOC has done this before.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was probably covering his face from all the smiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will make the Clippers their . We wouldn't have stood much of a chance against the Warriors either tbh

This is the Warriors year to win it all. The East doesn't have a shred of hope to compete with the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't the real finals (I don't actually think either the Spurs or Clippers can/would have won the le this year), but it might end up being the best series of the entire playoffs -- it will certainly be hard to top, even as the stakes get higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it wasn't the real finals...

At least it will be nice to be able to sit back and watch a stress-free playoffs now... haven't had the opportunity in 3 years, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it wasn't the real finals...

At least it will be nice to be able to sit back and watch a stress-free playoffs now... haven't had the opportunity in 3 years, tbh...
    yeah, not really sure what to do with this free time in May/June tbh

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs record to end the season was fool's gold. The two Houston games were bad and the Phoenix game they looked like in, it's just that Phoenix missed tons of wide open shots. Then New Orleans destroyed them.
    fools gold but they took the CLips to 7 games? your drunk,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real finals my ass, Golden State is 3 times better than Spurs & Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers won the right to be the second best team unless the Cavs can play gsw closely.

Thread Information