Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't he be able to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is an unrestricted free agent so he goes where he gets an offer he likes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. Insert any of the 32 teams as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers would be pretty stupid to sign him, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've really been thinking about it, and I'd much rather have this year's team again + 1 or 2 small signings than losing a couple of guys and getting LMA. i just don't have much confidence in him as our lead guy, and of anyone on our team that's a free agent, the only players I'd be ok to losing in pursuit of LMA would be Manu or Tim and that's only if they are set on retirement. I would much rather have Danny, Boris, and Tiago than Lamarcus personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming to the Spurs with Kahwi here to build with is a smart move.. But the small market thing is always an issue..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can trick him in saying that Kobe has retired then maybe?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big market or not he is already 29 and so I'm not sure I can envision him wanting to spend another two or three seasons just waiting for a Laker team to get back on it's feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will come down to either San Antonio or Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can sign a 1 yr deal and wait for the tv deal to kick in then bam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the dumbest/poorly constructed articles I've read in a while. Aldridge may very well wind up in LA (although I seriously doubt it), but that article was nothing more than an intern-level piece of writing from a wishful Lakers fan.

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One of the dumbest/poorly constructed articles I've read in a while. Aldridge may very well wind up in LA (although I seriously doubt it), but that article was nothing more than an intern-level piece of writing from a wishful Lakers fan.
    you are wishing for the same thing so you shouldn't talk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt LMA goes to LA. They suck and will continue to suck for the next four years. Why go to a non-playoff team? Yes, they will get a lot of lottery picks, but those guys take several years to develop. Kobe keeps getting injured and nobody wants to play with him anyway. If they signed LMA, they wouldn't have any more money to improve a team with a lot of holes. Why would he give up playing for a playoff team in Portland to join a lottery bound team in LA? I can tell you he won't be enough to turn that team around. For the same reason, I can't see him going to Dallas. They just don't have a le contending team there. S.A., I could see him do that. I just don't know that he is the best use of max dollars for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP seems like a language barrier thing. The question is "will he" not "can he". Of course he can.

I don't ever see anyone like LMA coming to SA while he's still younger than 35. I see him going to LA though. This is why it's so amazing that SA has 5 rings but not amazing that most of them were with the same group. You couldn't get the talent to rebuild in SA like you could elsewhere, and there are only so many Manu Ginobili like late round picks that you can luck up on, probably like 1.

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, join forces with an angry former superstar who has missed most of the last two seasons with injuries and will be 37 when the season starts, a rookie unknown who missed all of last season with an injury, and possibly a PG who is the biggest malcontent in the league and doesn't even have his own teammates sticking up for him. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP seems like a language barrier thing. The question is "will he" not "can he". Of course he can.

I don't ever see anyone like LMA coming to SA while he's still younger than 35. I see him going to LA though. This is why it's so amazing that SA has 5 rings but not amazing that most of them were with the same group. You couldn't get the talent to rebuild in SA like you could elsewhere, and there are only so many Manu Ginobili like late round picks that you can luck up on, probably like 1.

no its not a language barrier you head I tried to edit the post but it does not give me option of editing the le

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great, join forces with an angry former superstar who has missed most of the last two seasons with injuries and will be 37 when the season starts, a rookie unknown who missed all of last season with an injury, and possibly a PG who is the biggest malcontent in the league and doesn't even have his own teammates sticking up for him. Sounds like a winning formula to me.
    this is news to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are nowhere near contending, they barely have any NBA-caliber players on the roster..they shouldn't pay a 30-year old Aldridge, it would be stupid for both parties..

They should continue riding the final, cancerous years of Kobe, while selling tickets and keeping the ratings at a respectable number..hopefully for them, he'll accept retirement when his contract is finished..

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers are nowhere near contending, they barely have any NBA-caliber players on the roster..they shouldn't pay a 30-year old Aldridge, it would be stupid for both parties..
    there are more free agents than just Aldridge... and how can you not say no where near contending. If any improvements over this roster include Love, 1-5 pick, Rondo, Aldridge, Leonard, or even LeBron than I would say they would be contending

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd pretty much throw away the next 4-5 years of his career if he did that. Should just stay in Portland if you're going to go there. At least you'll have an illusion of being compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    typical laker fan thinking they're going to sign every great player in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA's right in the middle of his prime. That will likely last for the next 2-4 seasons before he starts to decline. Because he shoots so many jumpers, it could possibly last a little longer. But regardless, if he were to sign with either the Lakers or Knicks, he's basically throwing away his prime, as above poster mentioned. You could argue the same with Spurs if Timmy and Manu retire in one year, but at least we have a FO that know what they're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he? Sure he can do whatever he wants.

Thread Information