My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An hour and a half before what would be the Spurs’ final tipoff of the season Saturday in Los Angeles, coach Gregg Popovich was talking about the stakes at play in that night’s do-or-die Game 7 against the Clippers.

“One of us goes to Houston (for the second round), and one of us goes on vacation,” Popovich said. “We’d each rather go to Houston, but vacation’s not terrible.”

The defending NBA champions’ calendar got cleared earlier than usual when Chris Paul’s circus shot with one second left dealt them a 111-109 season-ending defeat.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/sp...witter-premium

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, there's nothing they can do to immediately improve the roster. If they had done the reasonable thing last summer and not given Tony that extension, they could have been able to upgrade the point guard position this summer. Now the overpaid French got is locked in for the next three years and SA has nothing they can do about it. Duncan era over because of that fat pig.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, there's nothing they can do to immediately improve the roster. If they had done the reasonable thing last summer and not given Tony that extension, they could have been able to upgrade the point guard position this summer. Now the overpaid French got is locked in for the next three years and SA has nothing they can do about it. Duncan era over because of that fat pig.
    Yes if only they had listened to you and your bile. Do you ever post on anything else.

This season was PROOF POSITIVE of what I and other thinking Spurs fans have been saying. This team required a healthy TP to make a run. Two or three games of success without Tony in the 2014 Playoffs was never sufficient to prove TP was not needed. It was obvious from just watching the games.

Now the Spurs have to adjust because TP does not recover from his injuries as fast due to age. And he has lost a step. It will be interesting to see if he can adjust his game to stay effective. I think he will. But the Spurs need another scorer among the starters. Or maybe TP becomes the new 6th man? Who knows.

Try adding some constructive thoughts on this topic instead of whining more.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if he retires?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if he retires?
    Parker retiring

Fatty's not gonna walk away from $45 million. Only way to get him off the team is to trade him or kill him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes if only they had listened to you and your bile. Do you ever post on anything else.

This season was PROOF POSITIVE of what I and other thinking Spurs fans have been saying. This team required a healthy TP to make a run.
    How about...

The team required a 2007 TP to make a run OR any of the dozen or so point guards they could have had instead. Which by the way would have freed up tons of money for the Spurs to reload in the coming seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False #1 Tony Parkers contract was in fact very reasonable st the time.

False #2 Tony did not cause Tim to get older

False #3 any pg cannot run spurs offense

Counterpoint #1 you must treat your players with respect to be able right lure free agents. This includes assuming the risk of injury.

Counterpoint #2 the spurs can still sign, draft, or promote a pg. The contract doesn't prevent these things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a loser coach, no surprise our team always choke and losing in tragic ways all the time....
    Last edited by kobyz; 05-04-2015 at 12:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is talking about vacation while all season he was in vacation, fire that son of a *****!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the posters complaining about the deal are just trolls, but let's just analyze this for a moment . If TP9 hits free agency at the end of next season, what do you think teams would offer him? $12-$15 million a year? LOL.

Tony can get a monster contract from a number of teams in free agency. And without Tony, the Spurs le window will close for the foreseeable future, and who knows if and when it would reopen. Don't the trolls like les? TP is the best point guard in the league, and even if they don't agree with that, he is easily the best point guard for the Spurs.

So tbh Tony is again being underpaid in a material respect, but it was nice to see the Spurs give him the max extension as a way of showing their faith in him and appreciation for him.
    re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a loser coach, no surprise our team always choke and losing in tragic ways all the time....
    You're the most emo, whiny and slow whited poster here. You know that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another post bashing tp all your post with that
    they have money to get alrdige
    they should let manu walk! vet min only for him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow, an old post based on TP's prior years (elite 2013 plus an inconsistent 2014 when it seemed all that affected Tony was injury). It remains true. Other teams would have paid TP more than the Spurs. Do you actually deny this?

Look sometimes teams lose out on contracts. Players decline. I didn't see this decline coming as fast as it did. Those who say they did, frankly just guessed right. Good for them.

You're still an idiot with an agenda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow, an old post based on TP's prior years (elite 2013 plus an inconsistent 2014 when it seemed all that affected Tony was injury).
    Parker fans blaming the last two years on injury. Apparently, Tony has NEVER had a poor season. It's always those pesky injuries holding him back from playing like a competent point guard.

It remains true. Other teams would have paid TP more than the Spurs. Do you actually deny this?
    Spurs gave him an extension you ing moron. He still had a year left on his deal. Who the was going to give Tony a $45 million deal this summer?

Look sometimes teams lose out on contracts. Players decline. I didn't see this decline coming as fast as it did. Those who say they did, frankly just guessed right. Good for them.
    A lot of us hated the contract and we were proven right. Tony's deal has yet to kick in and he just had the worst playoffs in Spur history. The On-Off data had him at a Net -2.6 last year. His playoffs weren't great either - Spurs were better when Parker was on the bench in last year's post-season. The decline was obvious. The Spurs did not need to give him an extension. Let him play out the last year and earn a new deal. Now they're stuck with a fat, washed up point that can't do anything at an elite level.

You're still an idiot with an agenda.
    And you've had Tony's down your throat for so long it's cut off all the oxygen to your brain.

Thread Information