My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So I'll be moving to the states (Bay Area) in a couple on months. I'll get a corporate phone with a plan and I can choose b/w these two.

Any preferences from current or past customers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear nothing but complaints about anything AT&T does..if you're not able to go T-Mobile, Verizon by default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, lately Verizon has been surprisngly good with Android updates

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Cry Havoc has Sprint in the Bay Area and says it's great, I have ATT in Austin and it works perfectly but Sprint is dog here. No clue about Verizon, but my corporate discount is 21% through ATT and the Verizon offer is 15%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I'll be moving to the states (Bay Area) in a couple on months. I'll get a corporate phone with a plan and I can choose b/w these two.

I have Sprint through my personal plan and Verizon through work.

Verizon is TERRIBLE. Half the time I have 3 bars of 4G, I can't even load a webpage much less a video. It's a corporate account, so unless Verizon does something to gimp those, the service is completely unacceptable, worse than the iPhone 3G days. If I DO get full bars on 4G then yes, it flies, but that's uncommon (not rare, but not common). And some days it works fine regardless of signal strength. Really bizarre. I spoke with our Regional Director recently and he said the exact same thing, so I doubt it's my phone, either (Samsung Note 3).

Sprint isn't great but it's good and fairly consistent. If I have 1-2 bars of LTE, pages usually load instantly.

I would recommend AT&T just because they can't be much worse than Verizon, but I've really enjoyed having Sprint in the Bay Area. Although downtown SF is terrible no matter what service you have in my experience.

Cool that you're moving here. It's pretty much the most beautiful area I've ever seen, weather is impeccable and the variety of scenery is unparalleled. Send me a PM and we'll grab a beer sometime if you want.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like verizon tbh. I'm not on a contract either. Just the straight price every month and I can cancel at any time.

Also verizon is the only network I can get bars out in the boonies when I'm working in the field...I'm usually designated as the phone guy because of that.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Thanks leemajors

I have Sprint through my personal plan and Verizon through work.

Verizon is TERRIBLE. Half the time I have 3 bars of 4G, I can't even load a webpage much less a video. It's a corporate account, so unless Verizon does something to gimp those, the service is completely unacceptable, worse than the iPhone 3G days. If I DO get full bars on 4G then yes, it flies, but that's uncommon (not rare, but not common). And some days it works fine regardless of signal strength. Really bizarre. I spoke with our Regional Director recently and he said the exact same thing, so I doubt it's my phone, either (Samsung Note 3).

Sprint isn't great but it's good and fairly consistent. If I have 1-2 bars of LTE, pages usually load instantly.

I would recommend AT&T just because they can't be much worse than Verizon, but I've really enjoyed having Sprint in the Bay Area. Although downtown SF is terrible no matter what service you have in my experience.

Cool that you're moving here. It's pretty much the most beautiful area I've ever seen, weather is impeccable and the variety of scenery is unparalleled. Send me a PM and we'll grab a beer sometime if you want.
    Thanks, the people in the team said go with AT&T as well. Definitely excited about the move, the company has been great with the relocation. Might take you up on that beer once I settle in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks leemajors

Thanks, the people in the team said go with AT&T as well. Definitely excited about the move, the company has been great with the relocation. Might take you up on that beer once I settle in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks leemajors

You are leaving me with those gots AlexJones and MH in the dead cold winter and those ty hockey sport networks?

you

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You are leaving me with those gots AlexJones and MH in the dead cold winter and those ty hockey sport networks?

you
    Run towards the light bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Run towards the light bruh
    moving back to Southern Europe one day

Beach every day and Champions League games live IN THE EVENING

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    moving back to Southern Europe one day

Beach every day and Champions League games live IN THE EVENING
    Yeah my close friend is in the UK since February...gone to several rugBPL matches, enjoys CL in the evening

watching football will be a on the west coast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah my close friend is in the UK since February...gone to several rugBPL matches, enjoys CL in the evening

watching football will be a on the west coast
    lol waking up at 4:00 to see... I mean to SEE Koscielny score an OG in the 94th minute @ Emirates

I grew up and spent most of my life in Mediterranean countries .. spend the day at the beach, go home , shower and watch futbol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I work for ATT.. if you have any questions or just want me to run the numbers for you let me know... Sometimes you can get extra discounts if you plan on uverse for TV and Internet as well.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I work for ATT.. if you have any questions or just want me to run the numbers for you let me know... Sometimes you can get extra discounts if you plan on uverse for TV and Internet as well.
    Thanks, but the company is paying for the phone....but I may have some questions about Uverse/internet in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are ing awful and should be avoided. I've been thinking about going to T Mobile for a while but I'm not sure how good the coverage is outside of cities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had T-Mobile during my time in the states, anywhere outside of big city areas it was ing useless. Just throwing that out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every company is or gold depending on where you are. I have AT&T and get coverage in areas most other phones don't, including airports where some carriers completely drop out. Sprint and T-Mobile are urban area carriers. I hunt 50+ miles from civilization and still get a signal on my phone, but the Sprint or T-Mobile guys who hunt there have to run into town to make calls (or try to borrow mine, nope).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Cry Havoc has Sprint in the Bay Area and says it's great, I have ATT in Austin and it works perfectly but Sprint is dog here. No clue about Verizon, but my corporate discount is 21% through ATT and the Verizon offer is 15%.
    Absolutely true. A few years ago you could tether your phone to your laptop and use your phone's internet service, but Sprint cut that sans warning. It's common for the entire Sprint network in DT Austin to be down for hours, no notice. You call them, they deny it, then you read the update on their forum saying it was down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree you should try it out. Verizon works great in the North East, but whenever I visit the Rio Grande Valley, it's just dog . Their LTE is spotty at best.

AT&T on the other hand, works great on either place, but they nickel and dime you to death with stuff like tethering.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn son, make sure to check out Yosemite National Park unless you're a 250 lb fat Mexican. Unbelievable hiking in an easy weekend trip from SF.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Damn son, make sure to check out Yosemite National Park unless you're a 250 lb fat Mexican. Unbelievable hiking in an easy weekend trip from SF.
    I love hiking. Went to Muir Woods last summer, couldn't go to Yosemite. Definitely on the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was some good advice you gave me a while back. Yosemite was one of my favourite places in the states. Good looking out breh.

Thread Information