Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've wanted to try it but I can't bring myself to go back to a last gen game since I don't have a PC

on a side note, im waiting to hear if I get these nice paying job this week and if I do I think im just going to build a gaming PC
    Sweet, just in time to buy a $1200 an XP.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you played the other two games? If so, how do they compare, obviously ignoring graphics?
    haven't played 1, and the story of 2 was more about empire vs. empire vs. elves vs. sorcery, I never got into it as much as 3. but it's not really fair to compare it to 3, it's mostly similar but not open world, you move from small map to small map, which limits the scope of side quests. the fighting was less forgiving and probably better than w3.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are all the books translated into English? A few years ago when I was looking some of them weren't, so I didn't bother starting any of them.
    The important ones are: Sword of Destiny and Last Wish are quite good and complement Witcher 3 very well, I wish I had read them before playing.

the main series is not very good, I'm on book 4 and it just keeps getting worse, everything is random coincidences and cheap thrills, and not much of substance ever happens. also, he inexplicably 180'ed Ciri's character at the end of book 2, after she lost all her magic just by saying saying she renounced it a total cop out so he could turn her into a murdering bandit for a while I guess.. and yeah it appears the last one won't be translated until next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't played 1, and the story of 2 was more about empire vs. empire vs. elves vs. sorcery, I never got into it as much as 3. but it's not really fair to compare it to 3, it's mostly similar but not open world, you move from small map to small map, which limits the scope of side quests. the fighting was less forgiving and probably better than w3.
    Thanks. Everyone seems to recommend Witcher 2 so I'm going to have to give it a try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I finally finished the main quests of FO4 and jumped in to this .. Now this is a Witcher game that I can really enjoy. Glad they added the finishing moves because it was re ed in Witcher 2 not being able to dismember with a ing sword.

Only thing that sucks in my opinion is the default lighting system, and the fact that certain mods don't work w/ the GOTY edition. Atmospheric nights and Super Turbo Lighting Mod look great, but won't ing run on 1.31 ,,!,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is good enough that I'll probably do an NG+ playthrough again after I upgrade my gpu (so I can turn everything on the max, eg hairworks and ).
    Hairworks ing sucks, adds nothing to the game. I think the default hair animations are better tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing that sucks in my opinion is the default lighting system, and the fact that certain mods don't work w/ the GOTY edition. Atmospheric nights and Super Turbo Lighting Mod look great, but won't ing run on 1.31 ,,!,
    Man I don't like that lighting mod at all. It turns down the color saturation too much. The vibrant colors are something that really make Witcher 3 stand out to me. That mod makes too realistic. I don't like these make night dark mods either. At least that one's not as bad as the Fallout 3 and New Vegas mods that made night pitch black. I'm not a big fan of modding these open world games unless it's for bug fixes (like in the Fallout games). Too many of these mods change the art style of the game too much. Super Turbo Lighting just feels like an enormous downgrade to me. The default lighting is amazing in Witcher 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I don't like that lighting mod at all. It turns down the color saturation too much. The vibrant colors are something that really make Witcher 3 stand out to me. That mod makes too realistic. I don't like these make night dark mods either. At least that one's not as bad as the Fallout 3 and New Vegas mods that made night pitch black. I'm not a big fan of modding these open world games unless it's for bug fixes (like in the Fallout games). Too many of these mods change the art style of the game too much. Super Turbo Lighting just feels like an enormous downgrade to me. The default lighting is amazing in Witcher 3.
    It's the combo that looks good. STLM works on 1.31 solo, but I don't like it either and use default. I just ing hate how bright it is at 11 PM, not to mention dawn is at 3 AM

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this game really that good? I'm thinking of getting the GOTY edition of this. Amazon has it for 40 bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this game really that good? I'm thinking of getting the GOTY edition of this. Amazon has it for 40 bucks.
    If you're a fan of the series then for sure, if you're a fan of open world, violent, well written games then for sure too. I ing hate the story of 95% of all games.. even if they are voiced and animated right, they're just boring as and lame. The story here is actually entertaining and doesn't seem like a chore to listen and pay attention to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes a little overkill in the amount of side quests but otherwise it's amazing. It has great action, it's violent as , the graphics and music are top notch, there is a great minigame called Gwent in it that's a lot of fun, and it has a ton of content (especially the GOTY version). It is much better than any game that came out in 2016 and Dying Light was the only 2015 game that I thought was as good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a fan of the series then for sure, if you're a fan of open world, violent, well written games then for sure too. I ing hate the story of 95% of all games.. even if they are voiced and animated right, they're just boring as and lame. The story here is actually entertaining and doesn't seem like a chore to listen and pay attention to.
    I'd be going in blind. I've never played any of the witcher games.

One of my new year's resolution is to start playing a ton of games again. I'm going to resume my trophy hunting ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes a little overkill in the amount of side quests but otherwise it's amazing. It has great action, it's violent as , the graphics and music are top notch, there is a great minigame called Gwent in it that's a lot of fun, and it has a ton of content (especially the GOTY version). It is much better than any game that came out in 2016 and Dying Light was the only 2015 game that I thought was as good.

I'll add it to my wishlist to buy together with RE7 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 that are coming out later this month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be going in blind. I've never played any of the witcher games.

One of my new year's resolution is to start playing a ton of games again. I'm going to resume my trophy hunting ways.

I went in having played half an hour of Witcher 2 (and not liking it much). Not a worry at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll add it to my wishlist to buy together with RE7 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 that are coming out later this month.
    I'm still waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn. Man I hope that game turns out as good as it looked at E3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn. Man I hope that game turns out as good as it looked at E3.
    2017 is going to be brutal to my bank account. So many games I want.

Did you get your PS4 yet?

Try out the demo for Nier. Its out in the Playstation store. Game is awesome from the little I played.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-..._content=Brand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this deserves a

Cry Havoc

Tbh, I think ElNono is an AMD fanboy too.. please confirm so I can add another
    and a year later, my 290x is running this game on high/ultra at a near locked 60fps @ 1080p. With hairworks on and settings on high I get anywhere from 48-60fps. :P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Try out the demo for Nier. Its out in the Playstation store. Game is awesome from the little I played.

Yeah I got my PS4 when it was on sale last month. Currently playing Uncharted 3. I tried the Nier demo. It was ok but not something I'd buy. I got the demo for Gravity Rush 2 but haven't tried it yet. The games I'm really looking forward to are Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Nioh, and the Kingdom Hearts games look pretty interesting (I haven't played any of them). I hope at least one of Days Gone and God of War makes it out this year. This definitely looks like the year of the Playstation based on what we saw out of E3. My brother keeps telling me I gotta play Final Fantasy VII, so I might grab that when the remaster comes out too (my last FF was VI).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DMC as a blind girl with different opponents..

its pretty much the same thing.

but I do enjoy playing those games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I got my PS4 when it was on sale last month. Currently playing Uncharted 3. I tried the Nier demo. It was ok but not something I'd buy. I got the demo for Gravity Rush 2 but haven't tried it yet. The games I'm really looking forward to are Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Nioh, and the Kingdom Hearts games look pretty interesting (I haven't played any of them). I hope at least one of Days Gone and God of War makes it out this year. This definitely looks like the year of the Playstation based on what we saw out of E3. My brother keeps telling me I gotta play Final Fantasy VII, so I might grab that when the remaster comes out too (my last FF was VI).
    FFV remastered?

Omg by far the most overrated game of all time..As an avid JRPG fan back in the days, I can tell you that FF9 is significantly better.

ffV was super popular though..Probably when JRPG become mainstream in America...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC as a blind girl with different opponents..

its pretty much the same thing.

but I do enjoy playing those games.
    Actually this is more along the lines of Metal Gear Solid reveangence with Raiden. Made by the same studio, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then wait for the remake remake for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5. that's coming out this year in March. I have them both but for the PS3 and haven't played them either but from what I can remember, they are fun as . They have 2 playable games in each ones and 1 made up of cutcenes in both.

Pretty decent games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFV remastered?

Omg by far the most overrated game of all time..As an avid JRPG fan back in the days, I can tell you that FF9 is significantly better.

ffV was super popular though..Probably when JRPG become mainstream in America...
    You're actually spot on about that FF9 is the greatest FF ever imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Reck speaking as someone who has only played the third witcher, get it. Its incredible. LoU was my #1 til I played this game, it's easily one of if not the greatest video games ever made. Some references to past events in the series may not register but overall not playing the first 2 made no difference in my enjoyment and understanding of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Reck speaking as someone who has only played the third witcher, get it. Its incredible. LoU was my #1 til I played this game, it's easily one of if not the greatest video games ever made. Some references to past events in the series may not register but overall not playing the first 2 made no difference in my enjoyment and understanding of the game
    TLOU is a good comparison for the quality of TWC3. PC gamers tend to think of Witcher 3 the same way PS3/PS4 gamers do The Last of Us. I think Witcher 3 plays way better on a gamepad than mouse and keyboard so I imagine it's an awesome experience on console too (though I played it on PC).

Thread Information